::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-13-2002, 07:47 PM   #33
Incubus

I'm bored in my computer science class right now so I re-read this thread.
LS engines and GSR engines both have their strengths and weaknesses. I have an LS engine, and for quite a while I was bummed because I didn't hav VTEC. I went back to the dealer and was even filling out the paper work for either a Prelude or a GSR, just so I could have this "holy grail" they call VTEC.

Don't get me wrong, VTEC is awesome, and definitely gives good performance numbers, but people hate too much on the LS engine. Give the engine it's due!
I know a guy who boosted his LS to 300 hp, so as long as your at the same horsepower as the big bad VTEC engine, does it matter whether you have VTEC? Not really. Hp is hp, and whatever means you pursue to achieve your desired horsepower is a personal choice, but when all is said and done, if you have 300 horsepower LS and a 300 horsepower GSR, is there really that much of a difference? I don't have actual 1/4 or 0-60 numbers, but I'd wager they are pretty close. That is, of course, keeping in mind that they have same suspension mods so that they can lay that power to the ground, but that is where the difference between winning and losing can often be found, especially on the street.
Anyway, GSRwBoost.........keep up the cool threads! I always get a kick out of your topics and threads!