::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Electronics/Sound/Security Systems
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2002, 02:46 PM   #1
Civic

Don't like Subs

Am I the only one who does'nt like subs.I just don't like them it seems like overly bassy and hurts my ears.I like just a good stereo AM/FM/CD / good fronts and backs.I don't mean to bust anyones balls but am I the only one who likes just a plain ol stereo w/ decent speakers????
Old 09-07-2002, 03:12 PM   #2
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

*takes a deep breath*

You need to undertand something, to achieve a high fidelity reproduction of any(99%) given audio material, a subwoofer is necessary.

So for those that like true to life sound, its a must.

If you dont like big bass, its understandable, many dont.. However, not liking subs has nothing to do with not liking big bass.

Also for those with certain health condtions, any form of bass is punishment to them. I dont think you are in that group.
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2002, 04:07 PM   #3
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Accord Man summed it up. Some people crank their subs up so you can't hear anything else. Their car rattles, their ears hurt, etc. And then some people know how to tune the sound to make everything work together. Those are the people who get good sound from their cars.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2002, 11:47 PM   #4
Civic

I allways figured thats what everyone used them for in cars anyway.I've got hearing problems from playin in the band as it is.Then one day I get into my drummer at the times car to ride and he cranks the Bass for us I didn't want to say anything but my bad ear was killin me.Theres beeen times when its bled.
Anyway I guess I phrased it wrong as far as subs in the band we use 2 18"subs and 2 15"mids and 2 wide throw horns.But the subs are to blend the bass and kick drum and low frequncies with thw rest of the mix not to overbare the highs and mids.
I still don't feel subs are nessesary in cars though,but if used to blend with the mix it would be OK.Its just the "OH MY GOD ITS AN EARTHQUAKE"bass that I reall don't like.
Old 09-08-2002, 09:09 AM   #5
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

you're right they arent necessary in a car, but if your into SQ, then it is..

What instrument do you play?

Old 09-09-2002, 08:19 PM   #6
Civic

I play guitar in a 80s/90s one hit wonder cover band.Stuff like The Knack,Talking Heads,Gin Blossums,then some same-O same-O stuff like ZZ Top.
You in a Band too????
Old 09-09-2002, 09:22 PM   #7
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Not in band, but I do gigs from time to time.. Basically to help out.. Mostly Jazz, but have already done some 80s rock..

I play/teach piano/keyboard/organ

I also play a little bass, nothing too intense..

Old 09-09-2002, 11:08 PM   #8
Civic

Hows the band seen were you are????Here its kinda dead the past few years.The DWI laws are so strict now that that the bands and bars are dieing off.Kinda sucks.Evan 4years ago I had a girl singer band and there were allot more places to play and more bands.Now every bar is cheapin out w/ the Kareokee and DJs(not clubs DJs either).
Old 09-09-2002, 11:28 PM   #9
Civic

You do any blues???Nothin like a B3 what a sound.I like Jazz but I'm not big on Jazz chords augmentive,diminished etc..I kinda lazily allays stuck to blues,rock and southern rock and bluesy rock guitar players Ritchie Blackmore,Dickey Betts,Jeff Healey,Santana etc...Who are some of your favorite influences???
Old 09-10-2002, 09:32 AM   #10
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Over here its doing ok I guess.. My freinds usually play for occasions and in some of the more classy places.. Places where only smooth sounds are excepted.

Nope no blues.. The thing is that I'm a classical pianist.. I completed the entire program. So even though I wasnt that familiar with jazz, I know so much about chord movements that, I was able to just imagine things and play them... Making it sound good obviously.

Influences?! This may seem strange, but I dont really have any in particular.. From time to time I'll listen to a Jazz station, every year I check out the MONTREAL jazz festival (I live in Montreal).. But I'm not 100% into that stuff.

This basically how it works.. Someone will draft a layout of chords.. And each member will be simply be moving with that.. And one after the other, we kinda take the lead and give a voice to that chord we're in at that given moment.