::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2003, 12:01 AM   #1
Wren57

fun with the Z

Well, I got my Z 5/9/03 and have since put 1250 miles on it... yes, I love it. I finally got to have some fun last night. First race was between me and a early 90s looking white porsche carerra... we punched it from 35 to 70, I gained about a car-length on him... he backed down and yelled out his window that his GF wouldn't let him race, so I waved to them, suggested he let his GF out of the car, then we smiled and went our seperate ways...

The second race was an easy one... going through shelby farms (you local boys know what im talking about), I see HIDs in my rear-view, and sure enough an is300 pulls alongside me... we punch it from 60 and are dead even (i didn't shift out of 6th gear )... then we slowed to 45 and punched it... by 80 I had at least 3 car-lengths and was pulling fast, then saw a cop about an 1/4 mile ahead going the same direction we were, so I slammed on brakes down to 45 and took the scenic route back to my GF's house...

The third race was today on the interstate... merging into traffic is a red/black ZO6 with the license plate (2FNFAST), and its tricked out, black rims, tint, blackened rear-section, exhaust, etc... well we go from 70-105 and he puts 2 cars on me, which I was pretty happy with... we happened to be going to the same place, so we shot the shit when we got there for a minute... cool guy...

Just some fun stories, hope you enjoyed
Im sure there will be many more to come in the Z
Old 05-21-2003, 12:05 AM   #2
OPAKRACING

Re: fun with the Z

Quote:
Originally posted by highlander
Well, I got my Z 5/9/03 and have since put 1250 miles on it... yes, I love it. I finally got to have some fun last night. First race was between me and a early 90s looking white porsche carerra... we punched it from 35 to 70, I gained about a car-length on him... he backed down and yelled out his window that his GF wouldn't let him race, so I waved to them, suggested he let his GF out of the car, then we smiled and went our seperate ways...

The second race was an easy one... going through shelby farms (you local boys know what im talking about), I see HIDs in my rear-view, and sure enough an is300 pulls alongside me... we punch it from 60 and are dead even (i didn't shift out of 6th gear )... then we slowed to 45 and punched it... by 80 I had at least 3 car-lengths and was pulling fast, then saw a cop about an 1/4 mile ahead going the same direction we were, so I slammed on brakes down to 45 and took the scenic route back to my GF's house...

The third race was today on the interstate... merging into traffic is a red/black ZO6 with the license plate (2FNFAST), and its tricked out, black rims, tint, blackened rear-section, exhaust, etc... well we go from 70-105 and he puts 2 cars on me, which I was pretty happy with... we happened to be going to the same place, so we shot the shit when we got there for a minute... cool guy...

Just some fun stories, hope you enjoyed
Im sure there will be many more to come in the Z

Good races....whats a ZO6?
Old 05-21-2003, 12:15 AM   #3
juvenile

I believe it's the top of the line Vette..

and wren...lucky SOB!!! :P I'll have to come and visit you guys sometime...it woudl be so much fun!
Old 05-21-2003, 12:32 AM   #4
Wren57

www.angelfire.com/tn/wren57/1.jpg

www.angelfire.com/tn/wren57/2.jpg

www.angelfire.com/tn/wren57/3.jpg
Old 05-21-2003, 12:47 AM   #5
Duckydos

Re: Re: fun with the Z

Quote:
Originally posted by OPAKRACING
Good races....whats a ZO6?

It's a Corvette. Runs mid to high 12's and is an awesome track car. Highlander- Glad you're enjoying your Z, don't get in too much trouble with it

-Ducky
Old 05-21-2003, 12:47 AM   #6
juvenile

Old 05-21-2003, 12:55 AM   #7
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i really don't see how you could beat the carerra. ohh well i'm glad you are enjoying the car.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 12:59 AM   #8
Wren57

i dunno... it wasnt the turbo model, and it was prob 10 or so years old... not sure what those were rated at, but I know porsches are never the best in a straight line...
Old 05-21-2003, 01:55 AM   #9
Duckydos

Yea, I occasionally drive my uncles 911 Cabrio and it isn't that quick on the straights. Then again, I hit 150mph with the top down They are tricky little cars, and nothing compared to 911's of today.
Old 05-21-2003, 01:30 PM   #10
mt.biker

911's are better on the track, I dont know how your z handles but i'm sure the 911 will out handle the z. Glad you're having fun, i'll have to post some of my stories when I get a chance.
Old 05-21-2003, 03:00 PM   #11
nonovurbizniz

my buddy had a 87 300z and I raced him in my dad's 94 or 95 911 convertable... I BURNED him... and I wasn't even getting on it that hard... they're fast...

he said the guys GF wouldn't let him race... he probobly never got on it very hard... trying to avoid her noticing... just a guess but most likely what happened... those things are fast... they're just about identical to the newer ones. they make TINY changes to that motor/tranny through the years... yes they do get better but not by much. my dad's 95 didn't drive hands down better than his dad's 86. It was newer feeling that's all.

good kills though... you'll be getting plenty of them...

P.S. what the hell are you doing in 6th??? you shoulda been in 4th or 5th at least from 60...
Old 05-21-2003, 06:18 PM   #12
Civickid0to60

i wanna race you man, havent had the oppurtunity to race nor have i seen one around here. Nice kills though sounds like you have a winner of a car there! I give you mad props for keeping up with the ZO6.
Old 05-21-2003, 08:52 PM   #13
nonovurbizniz

Ya... I don't get that... z06's are FAST... even bone stock.
Old 05-21-2003, 08:59 PM   #14
Damianz

Re: fun with the Z

[quote]Originally posted by highlander
[b]Well, I got my Z 5/9/03 and have since put 1250 miles on it... yes, I love it.

Yeah, the 350z is one awesome and very fun car to drive. Although on the side note I just wanted to add that the vette clearly facilitates more horsepower and torque then the 350z. From your story it sounds like the Z06 was driving and you were racing, just a thought. But nice interesting kill stories on the other vehicles.
Old 05-21-2003, 09:15 PM   #15
VR4_Craver
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Duckydos
Yea, I occasionally drive my uncles 911 Cabrio

Cabiro??? Arent those VW's? Did you mean Carerra...or did i miss something on those? I wasnt aware that they made a non- turb porsche... I thought that all of them AWD and turbo

Oh well good kills
the geekz0r (11:03:46 PM): basicly, look at it this way...the 6speed is the same is the 5speed in 2,3,4,5,and 6...only the speeds are different because of the fd
the geekz0r (11:04:16 PM): so 2nd pulls like 1st in the 5speed, 3rd is like 2nd, etc.
PortugeeTex (11:04:26 PM): so whats 1st like then?
the geekz0r (11:04:49 PM): 1st is like hitting a cheeta in the ass with a tazer
PortugeeTex (11:04:53 PM): lmfao
VR4_Craver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 09:53 PM   #16
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Re: Re: fun with the Z

Quote:
Originally posted by Damianz

Yeah, the 350z is one awesome and very fun car to drive. Although on the side note I just wanted to add that the vette clearly facilitates more horsepower and torque then the 350z. From your story it sounds like the Z06 was driving and you were racing, just a thought. But nice interesting kill stories on the other vehicles.

I dunno though.. 2 car lengths from 70-105.. He was on it a little.. but 70-105 in a vette feels like no time at all. He was probably doing about 115 lol..

Hgihlander.. the Z06 would clean your clock man..:o
Old 05-21-2003, 10:33 PM   #17
nonovurbizniz

god no...

they make non-turbos...

cabrio is just a convertable... well it used to be... they for a while used to write cabrio on the back ala vw... then the just started calling it a convertable...

they also have the targa tops

If they only made turbo awds... they would have been selling one car that starts at 140k+ for about 10 years.

my dad's was non-turbo... both of them (he ended up with his fathers targa for a while). they're not turbo fast but they're quick... I think the 0-60 is 5.something... still respectable. and they still handle AWESOME... givin the rear wheels don't come loose in a corner.
Old 05-21-2003, 11:34 PM   #18
Wren57

believe what you may, thats cool... all I know was what I saw/heard/felt, so yeah... the porsche driver meant he couldn't race any faster than 70, not that he couldn't at all... and yes the ZO6 was definately going hard on the gas, he told me he was, and two car lengths from 70-105 is like 3 seconds, so thats quite a big difference...

as for cruising in 6th at 60... I normally do that to save gas, and when the is300 tried to race I was too lazy to shift, so I just floored it, even though 6th has a below-1 ratio
Old 05-22-2003, 03:48 PM   #19
Civickid0to60

highlander...........

Veilside just realeased their body kits for the 350z's www.veilside.com.... i would just like to say (if your into the whole bodykit thing) WOW!
Old 05-22-2003, 06:12 PM   #20
Wren57

Im not a big fan of body kits, never have been. They are so costly to buy, paint, install and maintain. Not to mention 99% of them look like ass. I'm not too into exterior mods, some subtle things can be nice such as rims and exhaust (yes its exterior too, the tips)... but body kits, neon, bad spoilers, yuck! Oh well, to each his own...
Old 05-22-2003, 07:21 PM   #21
Wren57

the more I think about it the more I think that if I were to get aftermarket exhaust, even though the stock one is incredible, I would leave the stock tips... as for canister mufflers,
Old 05-23-2003, 07:12 PM   #22
ford50forlife
4th Gear

Re: Re: Re: fun with the Z

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing Rice
I dunno though.. 2 car lengths from 70-105.. He was on it a little.. but 70-105 in a vette feels like no time at all. He was probably doing about 115 lol..

Hgihlander.. the Z06 would clean your clock man..:o

ive seen stranger shit happen.... a bolton 5 liter mustang that ate a c5 vette from 0-135mph on tape after i called him out

i wasnt there i cant judge, but i WILL say CONGRATULATIONS on the purchase, SHE LOOKS HOT!.... keep it clean and stay safe, next week im putting my piece back together i want a crack at it

2640lbs with full tank minus me w/ 302cid
check out the crustang and 88 cherokee @
www.cardomain.com/id/ford50forlife
ford50forlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2003, 01:02 PM   #23
Shot 2 Hel

man there are too many Porche's in Memphis, especially the Germantown area. In one day i counted 12 porches ONE DAY. But then again in 2 days in my little rinky dink town i saw a Viper, Ferrari 350, and a Supra so i dunno