::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2002, 10:24 PM   #1
bx_integra

crashed my car on thursday...

hey guys....well thursday was officially the worse day of my life so far....I was driving in my 91 teg coming down university ave...its a hill with curves....as i was driving down my right front tire popped and my car started spinning out of control....I crashed into a light pole and as if that wasn't enough the damn light pole fell on top of my car...luckily the pole didn't fall on the windshield and like crack my head open or something....yup that was a pretty bad experience....and i only have liability so my insurance company isn't going to fix my car and my insurance is going up...I have to pay NY city 1,000 dollars for the light pole and I have to buy a brand new rim and tire, new axle, new control arm, new fender, new hood and new battery....sucks huh?
Old 10-20-2002, 10:36 PM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

yep it sucks but this post has nothing to do with my car is broken. i'm gonna move it to off topic.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 10:37 PM   #3
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Man that really sucks. Too bad you have to pay for the pole also. Good luck getting everything back to normal.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 12:44 AM   #4
ShEaNy

wow...what the hell!! shouldnt insurance cover the light pole as well for the city?....:o
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 02:57 AM   #5
AzCivic

Its not your fault that you lost control because of a flat so how in the hell is you insurance going to go up and how in the hell does the city figure you have to pay for their damn light. Screw that I wouldnt pay them shit.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 03:32 AM   #6
Grip72

NO doubt man..fight it dude...we'll back ya up!
Grip72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 06:51 AM   #7
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by AzCivic
Its not your fault that you lost control because of a flat so how in the hell is you insurance going to go up and how in the hell does the city figure you have to pay for their damn light. Screw that I wouldnt pay them shit.

hmm in OH i've heard of tickets like "failure to control the vehicle" which totally blows. make something up like because of a pothole in the road or sumthing.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 08:27 AM   #8
cstrom80

Cock damn poles. Let's cut em down! ALL OF THEM! jk. Sorry to hear man... That sucks.
Old 10-21-2002, 08:53 AM   #9
cashizslick

I crashed my car a few months ago, i had to pay 3100$ to fix my front end and straighten my frame. That was the worst day of my life.

It was so depressing. I had been saving my money to swap my engine, not to fix my car. When things like this happen to us, it makes us wonder if it is really worth our time to mod our cars. But in the end we just want to fix them up more.
Old 10-21-2002, 11:37 AM   #10
bx_integra

my insurance isn't going to cover it b/c i only had liability...i couldn't afford full coverage b/c Im 16 and just liability was 3,800 dollars a year...which sucks...My brother told me to fight the city also and say that my tire popped b/c of a pothole which would then be their fault b/c they are supposed to fix potholes....but not to worry...my car should be fixed at the latest by sunday...its in my dad's parking lot and the mechanic is working on it so its not that bad...
Old 10-21-2002, 01:33 PM   #11
HoLun

Liability insurance supose to cover on things you cause damage on, If you have to pay for the pole, wtf is the insurance good for? piece of paper to wipe ass? I hate insurance companies, paying for that is like paying for a brand new car....

and that much damage, I think you can get another 91 tag for the repair cost...
Old 10-23-2002, 01:05 AM   #12
ArixSin

correct me if i'm wrong, but liability is the lowest insurance you can get, and it is to pay for damages done to others in case you hit them. you are required by law to have it. collision is the other half that protects your car in the case you did something to it.
Old 10-23-2002, 01:20 AM   #13
a96710

What's up dood? Yeah that wreck sucks. Hope you get it fixed soon and you need to get me some pics so I can put your car on my site
a96710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2002, 02:38 AM   #14
ZeroAccess

just as long as ur aight thats cool
the thing with liability sucks...I moved my insurance down to liability...wondering if I should move it back up...cost a lot more but may be worth it ...just sucks cause if nothing goes wrong ya dont get ur money back....

Chris rock had a comedy skit about it one time
"in case shit" money...oh well its funny
Old 10-23-2002, 02:43 AM   #15
slowEJ6

switch back glen.....liability is the worst.
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2002, 10:20 AM   #16
bx_integra

I wish i would have had full coverage but I wouldn't be able to afford since im only 16 and the car is under my name...just paying for liability was a *****...
Old 10-23-2002, 06:25 PM   #17
VR4_Craver
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by ArixSin
correct me if i'm wrong, but liability is the lowest insurance you can get, and it is to pay for damages done to others in case you hit them. you are required by law to have it. collision is the other half that protects your car in the case you did something to it.

I think that PLPD is the lowest but im not sure. Thats what i have because im 16 and my car is old (90 ) and still my insurance is 2100 a year. The plpd is for when if the accident is your fault insurance covers everything for them (medical bills, repairs, and porperty damages like houses and such) and leaves you with a big "**** YOU"...and then your out of a car too.
VR4_Craver is offline   Reply With Quote