Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-16-2001, 11:54 PM   #1
BlackDeuceCoupe
The Great Ape

Boo Hoo - Nobody Likes The 'new' Civic - Here's The Reason Why !!!

Quote:
Originally posted by 2k1civic
lol, i love this site. i forgot how nobody likes the 7th gen cars yet..
The reasons that nobody likes the 'new' CiViC are:[list=1][*] It really isn't a CiViC at all. It's a totally new car built on the "Global Compact Platform." GM tried this sh!t a few years ago with their "A-body" "C-body" "X-body" and so forth, it killed their sales and almost killed their company.
[*]The 'new' CiViC is a porker. It isn't even considered a sub-compact any more. This is so Honda could build 'trucks' on the CiViC chassis.
[*] It signaled a shift away from performance by Honda, back to utility.[/list=1]

Here's some other cars built on the 'new' CiViC chassis:

Stream: The new Stream 7-passenger minivan is developed based on the same "Global Compact Platform" used in Civic models. It is powered by the new 2.0-liter DOHC i-VTEC engine or the 1.7-liter SOHC VTEC engine.

Step WGN: With a full-model change in April 2001 in Japan, the 8-seater Step WGN minivan features a powerful but economical new-generation i-series 2.0-liter DOHC i-VTEC engine.

Model X: The Model X concept vehicle is developed and designed by Honda R&D Americas operation. It was unveiled at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit in January 2001. The Model X is powered by Honda's new i-VTEC, 4-cylinder engine.

True, the Acura RSX is built of the 'new' CiViC chassis, but so was the 'Teg that it replaced.

The REAL shocker for most ppl --- the thing that puts it all in perspective --- is the fact that they are building mini-vans and even step-side vans on the same chassis.

"The Stream is the second model to employ Honda's all-new 'Global Compact Platform' and is the first to be powered by its new high efficiency i-VTEC engine."

Quote:
From Japan Automotive News, October, 2000
The seventh-generation new Civic series represent a full return to the Civic's original concept as "a car for the citizens of the world." said Hiroyuki Yoshino, president of Honda Motor. The new Civics are based on a concept called Smart Compact.

Specifically, development focused on maximizing interior space, offering excellent fuel economy and driving comfort, realizing good safety performance for vehicle occupants and pedestrians alike, and offering clean-running environmental friendly performance, all geared to set a new benchmark for cars in the compact class.

Honda uses a newly-developed Global Compact Platform for the new Civics in its production line worldwide.
DISCLAIMER The existence of BDC is disputable. The existence of views, in the absence
of anyone to hold them is problematic. The existence of the reader is left as an exercise
in the second order coefficient.

Last edited by BlackDeuceCoupe : 09-17-2001 at 12:17 AM.