.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > My Car is Broken!
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2002, 09:28 PM   #1
accorrdd

cig lighter half on/half off

HELP!!! ((1991 Honda Accord)) I recenty noticed a problem with my cigarette lighter. my friend bought me interior lights from HongKong that take power through the cigarette lighter. However, when i plugged it in, the lights didnt go on. I checked to make sure the lights worked by plugging them into my friends bmw m3. Sure enough, they turned on when the plugged was placed in. To determine if my cigarette lighter was completely broken or not, I plugged in my ericsson phone charger to double check. To my surprise, the charger started charging my phone. However, if i rotated the plug, it would stop charging. Consequently, if i kept rotating the plug, it would charge in some areas, where as in other areas it wouldn't work at all.

**Does anybody have ANY clue?? HELP!!!**
Old 08-03-2002, 12:17 AM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

did anybody use the lighter ? when using the lighter to light up cigarettes there is the ashes that remain in there. have that thing cleaned up.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2002, 01:45 AM   #3
accorrdd

thanks...i'll try that...get back to you on it tomorrow!!!
Old 08-03-2002, 11:21 AM   #4
Grip72

I have some of those lights too, if i were you i would cut off the lighter adapter from your neon lights and wire them to constant power with a switch. That way you will have a cleaner look without a stupid wire from the middle of your dash area.
Grip72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2002, 03:22 PM   #5
insomniac_91

Accorrdd I have the same problem and the piece around that area actually cracked. It really pissed me off. I feel it's something to do with the connection. Because when I have my phone charger plugged in it will go off and on.
Old 08-03-2002, 03:56 PM   #6
insomniac_91

Anyone know where I can get some instructions on how to? about the wiring to a constant power and switch. Or does anyone know how.
Old 08-04-2002, 08:23 PM   #7
accorrdd

yeah..could ne body tell me how to wire the lights onto my main power? Thanks for the help guys!!!