User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2002, 07:33 PM   #1
blind34_1

PC controlled Accord! Ideas?

quote:

blind34_1 wrote on 06-01-2002 02:00 AM:
Hey I read in a couple posts that your throwing a computer in the back of your car. Thats freakin awesome! You know what a great idea would be? It would be timeconsuming but you could wire some of your car systems, i.e lights, stereo, car stats like oil press other little things to your computer for readout and control via your lcd touchscreen. I'm not talkin about F&F crap here, I'm talking about reality. If you think this is a decent idea we should start a thread about some ideas on how to do this. You've got a great idea going - run with it!

-----
Re: Your computer project
Hey! That's a pretty bad @$$ idea, i didn't think about taking it that far, but it actually wouldn't be THAT difficult. Have you ever tried or done anything like this? Starting a thread would be a good idea!

BizzlePizzle

------

...and so heres the thread. No, I've never done anything like this before, but I've always played with the idea of controlling other things with a pc. You could use serial ports to control a ??? that would switch lights on and off, control wiper motors, link systems together, turn off headlights after the car is turned off. You'd need to write some simple software for it too. It wouldn't be too complicated, but I hope you have some friends that know C or something. You could make a whole care program and link a gps system with a mapping program all into one interface. That would be so awesome!

You could also set up a webcam to show your view as you drive/race/whatever, and use a wireless modem (expensive)

Who else has ideas? Anyone do this before?
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2002, 10:43 PM   #2
blind34_1

Oh come now. Somebody MUST have some ideas?!!!?
Old 06-06-2002, 12:02 AM   #3
azn_nite_ryder

you are talking about a lot of work and time my friend... ideas are good but now your talking about turning things all electrical instead of manual switching... theres lots of complicated thing you'll have to do....

but good imagination tho..
Old 06-06-2002, 06:20 PM   #4
blind34_1

Thats true...but I would like to see Bizzle's system setup anyway. At least he can get a GPS system and could probably wire his stereo into his computer for mp3s and what not. Bizzle, where'd you go?