::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2003, 03:39 PM   #1
MoneyToSpend

89 XR7 Cougar VS. looks like 96/97 Acura(Honda) Integra

Im the friend with the Supercharged Cougar. I have a recent kill story that i would like to share with you ppl...

A couple nights ago, coming home from friends house, i pulled up next to a Acura(Honda) Integra. It looked fast, i mean, it had the body kit, the rims, the laughably high spoiler, and all the other goodies that honda owners put on their cars to look fast. My car on the other hand, is stock. I mean, the day that it came out of the factory with all the stuff on it, yeah, nothing had been done to it...it looks like a grandma/grandpa car.....only normal maintanence. anyway, the integra driver looks at me, and smiles like they were going to beat me. light turns green, we go, i pass it up in first gear, and stop dragging when speedo hits 60, basically, just shifting to second for me....4 sec later, the integra passes by me, the driver looking at me, giving me a smile....like they had beat me...i basically just step on the gas when that happened, passed them up again, and didnt see them after that.

question is: why do ppl make the outside look fast, but never touch the engine?
next question: how come the little 2500 lb car didnt whoop my ass? my car is almost 5000 lbs , all i have under the hood is the stock 3.8l v6 supercharged motor. the integra shouldve had the VTEC right? again, why didnt he beat me? he didnt even touch me in the race...
Old 01-09-2003, 06:19 PM   #2
Matrix

Um, your car isn't exactly slow you know....

You have the same engine + supercharger setup as the Thunderbird SC, right? They were no slouches, if I remember correctly.

Nice kill. Not a surprising one, but a nice kill nonetheless.
Old 01-09-2003, 07:00 PM   #3
silver

not all integras have vtec first off.
second the both of you were not really racing if you had time to look each other in the face. That is called messing around.
you've got torque and nice power distribution throughout the band via your sc, you raced a 1.8liter non vtec, probably with an intake and exhaust(so maybe 120hp to the wheels?) with wheels that probably weren't less than 40lbs apiece. You will win everytime. Plus i'm sure the other guy didn't know how to drive.

my philosophy on building a car is borrowed from Non Fujita(those of you really into cars will know who he is). We had the same discussion and he replied with.
"why make a car look like wolf, when it is only a sheep? It is better to be a wolf in sheeps skin"
that is why you build inside-->out if you're going to rev on anyone.

nice kill
Top Secret, Ings+1, J's Racing, Varis, Amuse, ASM, GP Sports, Air Walker, Garage Defend, Kakimoto, BuddyClub, Feel's, Fujitsubo, Porterfield, KG/MM, ORC, Spoon, Mugen, and more than 200 others. If it's in a Hyper Rev, it's in our reach.

http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com
silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 07:16 PM   #4
Quevv

No surprised on the kill but Some people choose to make their car all show and no go, which is fine for a lot of people but when you rev and act like you can beat anyone. Then that becomes a problem
Old 01-09-2003, 08:07 PM   #5
V8killimports

Re: 89 XR7 Cougar VS. looks like 96/97 Acura(Honda) Integra

Supercharged? You sure it's not turbo? We used to have a turbo on ours...
V8killimports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 08:14 PM   #6
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

nice kill.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 11:52 PM   #7
ShEaNy

lol its funny how he put Acura (Honda) ......i THINK most people on this site know honda makes acura but whatever..nice kill....i bet u have double and maybe a bit more horse then that integra...or maybe he was screwing around and had a turbo and coulda raped u....WHo knows!! good job
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 12:02 AM   #8
a96710

Nice kill
a96710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 08:27 AM   #9
MoneyToSpend

Re: Re: 89 XR7 Cougar VS. looks like 96/97 Acura(Honda) Integra

Quote:
Originally posted by V8killimports
Supercharged? You sure it's not turbo? We used to have a turbo on ours...

nah, its supercharged....the 89 and 90 Cougar XR7's were the only years that they were supercharged....now the 83-88 cougars(the ones that looked exactly like the same year TBird's), were turbo. my dad has one, and it can boost to 20 psi, without blowing a head gasket....thats pretty nice...im just pissed off that i am only boosting a 7 max....soon itll be around 18....just gotta get more open exhaust and better headgaskets...

thanks guys...
Old 01-10-2003, 01:50 PM   #10
MoneyToSpend

Quote:
Originally posted by sheany_91accord
lol its funny how he put Acura (Honda) ......i THINK most people on this site know honda makes acura but whatever..nice kill....i bet u have double and maybe a bit more horse then that integra...or maybe he was screwing around and had a turbo and coulda raped u....WHo knows!! good job

Im not sayin that he wouldnt be able too...i just like screwin with ppl cause they think my car is just a grandpa car....anyway...like i said before my car is a little under 5000lbs, like 4986lbs i think.... out of the factory it came with somewhere around 250 hp...my car is now almost 14 yrs old, and has around 170 thousand miles on it...there is now way i have 250 hp...prolly barely pushing 190.....hehe
Old 01-11-2003, 03:46 PM   #11
ford50forlife
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by MoneyToSpend
Im not sayin that he wouldnt be able too...i just like screwin with ppl cause they think my car is just a grandpa car....anyway...like i said before my car is a little under 5000lbs, like 4986lbs i think.... out of the factory it came with somewhere around 250 hp...my car is now almost 14 yrs old, and has around 170 thousand miles on it...there is now way i have 250 hp...prolly barely pushing 190.....hehe

actually its 215hp and 315tq.... 1/4 mile stats are about high 15's for the 5spd version stock, but they respond well to mods...

2640lbs with full tank minus me w/ 302cid
check out the crustang and 88 cherokee @
www.cardomain.com/id/ford50forlife
ford50forlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2003, 11:25 PM   #12
MoneyToSpend

i wasnt sure on the hp ratin...thank you for clearing that up for me....i think tourqe was a major factor in the race...or any race for that matter...thanks..
Old 01-12-2003, 12:25 AM   #13
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Some people like show more than go. I'm the opposite, but to each his/her own.

You are wondering how you beat a 180HP car in your 215HP car? VTEC isn't some magical force. Some tegs had it, some didn't(depends on the model). Regardless VTEC doesn't neccessarily win races.

If ford50forlife stats are correct, it should've been close(tegs are in the same ball park). But maybe the other guy was just messing with you. Always a thought.
Old 01-12-2003, 01:01 PM   #14
ford50forlife
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by Civic_Addict
Some people like show more than go. I'm the opposite, but to each his/her own.

You are wondering how you beat a 180HP car in your 215HP car? VTEC isn't some magical force. Some tegs had it, some didn't(depends on the model). Regardless VTEC doesn't neccessarily win races.

If ford50forlife stats are correct, it should've been close(tegs are in the same ball park). But maybe the other guy was just messing with you. Always a thought.

well i think the answer can be found under your little column marked MISC info, civic addict ( ) .... you take that and multiply it by 2 THEN ADD LIKE 20 MORE ON TOP OF THAT and you get the cougars figure, and considering the dead stop race its definately believable....

more than likely it was a LS non vtec.... and those arent anything special without a power adder you will win 8out of 10 times...

and if it was a gsr it would be a bit closer but it seems from the writing he didnt launch it well, and from a bad launch + bad driver those cars are still a 16 second ride.... (ive been able to take a couple to 75-80 in the HEEP)

if it was a type r, then he wasnt trying plain and simple

Last edited by ford50forlife : 01-12-2003 at 04:51 PM.
Old 01-12-2003, 04:46 PM   #15
Matrix

Quote:
Originally posted by ford50forlife
well i think the answer can be found under your little column marked MISC info, matrix ....

Huh? Are you sure you're talking to me? Cause I don't know what you are talking about...
Old 01-12-2003, 04:50 PM   #16
ford50forlife
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by Matrix
Huh? Are you sure you're talking to me? Cause I don't know what you are talking about...

LOFL wrong name imma edit it.... damn i feel dumb
no harm intended

Old 01-12-2003, 05:57 PM   #17
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by Matrix

I think he meant me. Dunno why he said your name.