::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2002, 02:34 AM   #1
Grip72

76 Corvette vs. Eagle Talon

Well, my friend is 17 and owns a 1976 Chevy Corvette. it is auto with a 350 4 carb under the hood. He just got rebuilt a new engine and bored it and did a bunch of sh*t to it also. He has edlebrock everythings on it as well as a snazzy new metallic red paint job. It looks sharp. Anyways, he just got it insured tonite and i saw him driving so we went to my house and i jumped in with him. We pull up to this 1990 or 1991 Eagle Talon 5 spd. Everyone in town knows this car has alot done to it and everyone has also heard that it has been beaten and bagged and that the engine is ready to blow. (neon lights, stereo, rimes, tires, exhaust, headers, etc.) Anyways, we pull up to him at a red light and we both take off nice and easy, then all of a sudden both of us are right beside eachother going a lot faster. I just expected us to kick the talons ass...no sir..his turbo just frickin kicked in and he was ahead of us by about a little less than a car length. I was VERY surprised and impressed. we lost...
Then later this nite we pulled up to ANOTHER Eagle Talon, 1990.. i do believe..Anyways, he had lots done to it as well. Like huge spoiler, rims, tires, exhaust, headers, etc.) ANyways, he also had lots of power under his hood and he whooped us like the first one. It was only a short distance. Plus my friends Vette just got the new engine and it needs to get worked in. The headers were so WHITE tonite..god. Anyways, after driving we found some friends and pulled some good ol' donuts in the parking lot. My friend just lit it up..sweet nite.
Grip72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2002, 11:49 AM   #2
juvenile

sounds like a fun nite!
Old 06-22-2002, 01:18 PM   #3
Grip72

It was pretty sweet.
Grip72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2002, 02:54 AM   #4
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

dang. i want a turbo

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2002, 12:55 PM   #5
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

You can't count those older talons out. There was one at Racewars that beat a C5 vette. The vette had nitrous and huge list of other things. Know that he didn't have? Turbo......
Old 07-22-2002, 08:58 PM   #6
1BadAzzGT

Quote:
Originally posted by Civic_Addict
You can't count those older talons out.

Yep, my old 92' Eagle Talon AWD TSI Turbo ran consistent 12.7's@107 .. very stealthy car indeed and I miss it.
Old 07-22-2002, 10:16 PM   #7
blownteggy

i think your friend needs to break in his engine in before does anymore racing
Old 07-22-2002, 10:40 PM   #8
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

OT

Nice setup there 1BadAzzGT.
Any pics?
Old 07-23-2002, 12:09 AM   #9
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Originally posted by blownteggy
i think your friend needs to break in his engine in before does anymore racing
agreed

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2002, 05:34 PM   #10
1BadAzzGT

Quote:
OT

Nice setup there 1BadAzzGT.
Any pics?

Thank you very much, I have tons of blood sweat and tears in this car for sure. Yes I have tons of pics

Here is a picture of the new setup:

Another pic of the old setup:

Here is a picture of the car (old setup):

Sorry pics are so big.

BTW, I like what you've done to your engine comparment... looks very clean and neat not to mention down right nasty
Old 07-23-2002, 08:51 PM   #11
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Thanks...

That Vortech is beautiful sight....
Old 07-23-2002, 08:54 PM   #12
1BadAzzGT

Quote:
Thanks...

That Vortech is beautiful sight....

Thanks, it's been quite a learning experience for me. I have one block to show for most of my "learning" with a huge hole in it.
Old 07-24-2002, 07:17 AM   #13
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by 1BadAzzGT
Thanks, it's been quite a learning experience for me. I have one block to show for most of my "learning" with a huge hole in it.
Ouch!
Old 07-24-2002, 03:35 PM   #14
1BadAzzGT

Quote:

Ouch!

This is a picture of the carnage from last block. The picture does it no justice... about 99% of the cylinder was gone and all of the piston was just about gone as well... no sign of rod or wrist pin

See anything missing?

Little closer look:

Old 07-24-2002, 03:46 PM   #15
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

I think I'm about to cry.....

That's horrible man. Hopefully you got things tuned this time around. Hate to see that happen again....
Old 07-24-2002, 09:06 PM   #16
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

wow.... im speachless

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2002, 07:01 PM   #17
1BadAzzGT

Quote:
I think I'm about to cry.....

That's horrible man. Hopefully you got things tuned this time around. Hate to see that happen again....

Thanks. Actually the car has been down since January (1st run of the new season... way to start it, huh?) Anyway, I ended up purchasing a 2000 GT engine (much stronger then previous and had a few internal things taken care of.... won't go into too much detail). But while the car was down, I took the opportunity to change quite a few things. It all started with.... well since it has no engine in it right now, let's convert it from 5 speed to built up automatic with nice stall converter, why not do a tubular k member.. hehe. Then tubular a arms, then the new shocks/struts, new rims/tires... it's like being a crack addict although I'm starting to believe this is much worse. LOL.

Oh well good news is...... I finally got the car started today! Kinda felt like my birthday in a sense cause I had been tracking down a stupid electrical issue that turned out to be the MSD digital ignition wiring. I suspect somewhere in the circuit it got pinched and caused a "no spark" condition. Oh well, it started today and will be on the road to recovery real soon.

I can't wait to run a few of my LS1 friends now My previous trap speeds were poor with only around 111/112. I'm hoping for much more with the weight savings and engine that's currently in her < fingers crossed>.

Sorry for so long... I'm just very excited to hear the thing run.

Cheers.

P.S. If you thought that one picture would make you cry, try looking at this for a while:

Here's a picture of the old K member (around 58 lbs):

Here a picture of the new tubular k member:

And finally, a picture of the new tubular A arms and coilovers on the car now: