Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2001, 04:39 PM   #1
EvuLFleA

Killed an Eclipse

This is my first post but I had to share. I have a red 98 Civic EX with a air filter, 15" Konigs, and apexi style exhaust. Well I line up next to this silver eclipse. It looked like the one that was before the new model. Like a 98 or something. It was really nice looking (exhaust, 18's, body kit, cf hood) and had a few stickers on it. It said GS on the back so I thought it was the non-turbo model but I could here one of those blow valve off things like in the fast and the furious when he was truing to catch me. Well anyway we both take off and he pulls about 2 car lengths on me and keeps pulling up and till about 70mph when his brake lights came on. Nevertheless I wasn't done racing so I fly by his ass like he was standing still. The only thing that sucked about that race was I ended up getting a speeding ticket for 92 in a 65 which I didnt mind because I didnt get one for racing. I hate people who dont finish the race. So I beat him.

Old 10-23-2001, 05:18 PM   #2
klipzracer

wow! you got naws?!?!?!

Old 10-23-2001, 05:22 PM   #3
EvuLFleA

He probably did because I heard his blow valve off . Thats unfair to use nos. I probably would have spanked him if he didnt use it.

Old 10-23-2001, 05:30 PM   #4
FuSi0N

Damm, dats the shiznit

Old 10-23-2001, 06:00 PM   #5
KaptainMike

we be sloooooooooooooooooow

Old 10-23-2001, 06:23 PM   #6
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

so he was ahead when he stopped?

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
Old 10-23-2001, 06:40 PM   #7
Eric97GS

Those NOS BOV's are pretty cool stuff does it make them faster

Old 10-23-2001, 07:02 PM   #8
EvuLFleA

Well I dont really what a blow valve off is for nos or what.

Old 10-23-2001, 07:03 PM   #9
EvuLFleA

Yeah he was ahead by like 5-10 lengths but the thing is I wasnt done racing so I flew by him and won.

Old 10-23-2001, 07:13 PM   #10
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

LMAO, if you call that a win, then so be it. Nice job.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
Old 10-23-2001, 07:39 PM   #11
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Quote:
Originally posted by 94_AcCoRd_EX
so he was ahead when he stopped?

I was wondering the same!!

I dont get it?!

Actually I do, somebody seems to be a little ..
j/k whatever rocks your boat!
::
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Old 10-23-2001, 07:39 PM   #12
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Re: Killed an Eclipse

Quote:
Originally posted by EvuLFleA
This is my first post but I had to share. I have a red 98 Civic EX with a air filter, 15" Konigs, and apexi style exhaust. Well I line up next to this silver eclipse. It looked like the one that was before the new model. Like a 98 or something. It was really nice looking (exhaust, 18's, body kit, cf hood) and had a few stickers on it. It said GS on the back so I thought it was the non-turbo model but I could here one of those blow valve off things like in the fast and the furious when he was truing to catch me. Well anyway we both take off and he pulls about 2 car lengths on me and keeps pulling up and till about 70mph when his brake lights came on. Nevertheless I wasn't done racing so I fly by his ass like he was standing still. The only thing that sucked about that race was I ended up getting a speeding ticket for 92 in a 65 which I didnt mind because I didnt get one for racing. I hate people who dont finish the race. So I beat him.

Welcome to HS!

Nice *kill*

::

Old 10-23-2001, 07:44 PM   #13
grl_racer

i was really confused by this story.. i had to read it like 4 times.. but i FINALLY got it..

first up... you said.. i hate it when people "never finish a race"... how do you finish an illegal street race????
when someone wrecks.. you gotta know when to say when...

second.. you didnt beat the eclipse he slowed down b/c of a cop

third.. you ended up w/ a ticket... which sucks for you

so techincally the way i see it.. you lost??
im not tryin to be rude, or hate on anyone... but you didnt technically kill an eclipse.. b/c he ate you up until he hit his brakes. He hit his brakes when he saw the cop... or whatever.. until he felt he proved his point by having 2 car lengths and pulling.

if i read it wrong.. forgive me...
none the less welcome to the board!!!

Old 10-23-2001, 07:51 PM   #14
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

and a blow off valve is a valve that bleeds boost from a turbo out when you let of the throttle. it is something all turbo'd cars must have, he probobly didnt use nos if you didnt see him purge it when you lined up. id watch out of dsm's (eclipes's and talons) they are fast cars(the gst gsx and tsi) they run 15 flat 1/4 mile time with the right driver and even faster in the gsx. either way, if you enjoyed the kill good job, its not the way i like to win but to each his own.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
Old 10-23-2001, 11:45 PM   #15
2000Pimpinex
Super Moderator

Sucks about the ticket. Maybe he slowed down because he say a cop or his radar detector was going nuts.
1985 Ford Bronco XLT 5.8 351W
w/ 33X12.5X15
Old 10-23-2001, 11:58 PM   #16
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Quote:
third.. you ended up w/ a ticket... which sucks for you

I gotta agree with grl_racer not to diss ya or anything but he beat you in the race plus....he got away from the kops.
but still.....you were racing and well.....thats all that matters.
Good story though.....me likes.

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
Old 10-24-2001, 12:27 AM   #17
EvuLFleA

Wow, you guys should actually be proud of the members of this board. I figured for a story like that you guys would flame me like no other. I do not drive a honda actually. I didnt post this to piss any of you guys off but actually just to see how you guys would reply to it. Its almost funny going to different boards and seeing how bad people flame each other for having an auto, having a sticker, etc.... Im surprised!! Sorry for the waste of space, I was bored, plus I wanted to see the honda owners reaction. Good job.

Old 10-24-2001, 07:05 AM   #18
97lude

I saw troll written all over this post but it got a lot of responses so thats cool. At least you admit you were just trying to get a rise out of people. Welcome to the board.

Old 10-24-2001, 07:53 AM   #19
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Thats the great thing about this board the people are pretty level headed, and dont act stupid most the time.. Thats why I spend so much time on here.
Old 10-24-2001, 10:25 AM   #20
dukmahsik

can you say eclipse invashun on this board? yeah i agree, this board is pretty cool so far! i was laffin my azz off reading evul's post knowing that he doesn't own a honda and expecting this board to rip him apart but that didn't happen! me likes too ::

Old 10-24-2001, 10:49 AM   #21
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Woohoo we passed the test!!

We the bomb..

Nuh really its cool, but lets not make it a habit to do tests like this.

Old 10-24-2001, 11:04 AM   #22
KaptainMike

Honda Invasion PPV style!

This is like something outta the WWF, the eclipses are invading the hondas! lol! You guys are great! very clean, nice, polite peeps. Now I get to stick up for you guys when everyone talks badly about honda owners! j/p

You guys are great...keep it up! And by all means...come check out our forums.

Old 10-24-2001, 11:07 AM   #23
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Re: Honda Invasion PPV style!

Quote:
Originally posted by KaptainMike
This is like something outta the WWF, the eclipses are invading the hondas! lol! You guys are great! very clean, nice, polite peeps. Now I get to stick up for you guys when everyone talks badly about honda owners! j/p

You guys are great...keep it up! And by all means...come check out our forums.

Yeah what the hecks up with all these eclipses!! *LOL* j/p

I think its cool that you guys are interesting in our stuff to... For the most part We can all help each other out.. A turbo is a turbo whether its on a eclipse or civic.. Even thought they are different setups the ideas the same.. Ive got several friends that owns DSM and honda/acuras.. Its cool to see how they are simialr and different..

thanks guys..
Old 10-24-2001, 01:52 PM   #24
klipzracer

yeah......uhhhh...turbos are cool, boyeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Old 10-24-2001, 02:18 PM   #25
EvuLFleA

Especially when a rod goes through the block.

Old 10-24-2001, 04:32 PM   #26
KaptainMike

ut oh!

Old 10-24-2001, 05:22 PM   #27
grl_racer

so i didnt get label'd as a B!tch for my post?!?!?!?!?!

Old 10-24-2001, 05:27 PM   #28
EvuLFleA

Hell nah...... At least you said welcome to the board so thats cool.... Plus you are a chick and into the whole import scene so how could anyone hate you??

Old 10-24-2001, 08:29 PM   #29
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Originally posted by EvuLFleA
how could anyone hate you??
get to know her...lol j/k brit

yeah it was difficult not to rip you apart, but i just kept it cool and spit out all facts i could. hehe.... man you had me fooled big time.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
Old 10-25-2001, 01:24 AM   #30
azn_nite_ryder

ROFLMAO....
hahaha... i swear guy.. you really had me going... i was like WTF?!? is this guy talking about... i had a good laugh... and now i have to go to the bathroom....
welcome to the board...

Old 10-25-2001, 07:47 AM   #31
97lude

Now that you eclipse owners seem to have invaded this board, lets hear some "real" kills from you.

Old 10-25-2001, 09:19 AM   #32
Jason ESi-T

Del Sol kill....

Well, out of the vain of being on a honda's message board...there was this one dude who had a Del Sol with a B18 transplant. I guess he was feeling pretty confident so one evening as I was making a turn, I heard his very loud buzzy exhaust coming up behind me. I let him come up to my side and then downshifted to second. My rpm's flew up to about 4000 rpm's and my turbo started to mad spool. All I could hear was the loud whoosh sound even over his large 5" exhaust tip. His engine must have been revving as loud as 6-7000 rpm's becuase it was just screaming.

Anyhow, if any of you have ever been in a turbocharged car and felt the onset rush of boost as it throws you back, just as quickly as I downshifted, I tore a bout 4-5 car lengths in a matter of a couple of seconds. As we approached the stop light, he wouldn't even look over and quiuckly turned off.

Actually, he's turned out to be a pretty cool guy once I talked to him later on. I actually think it's pretty cool he did a whole engine transplant. But turbo power...there just doesn't seem to be an alternative to it for imports.

Old 10-25-2001, 09:25 AM   #33
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Hi there, welcome to HS!

Must have been fun to eat up that Sol..

I noticed you have an ESi, so that is non turbo I believe.

So what type of turbo did you strap on, and how much boost ?

Old 10-25-2001, 02:16 PM   #34
tackimac8

This my only real kill...
I was at a light coming home from work and my friend rolls up next to me in his jetta, i look over and ask if he wants to go, he says yes so its on, light turns green, i bog a little and he spins his tires, but we are neck and neck, i hear him shift into second and i am at about 5600 rpm so i am still going, i get to about redline and shift and its over, i pulled on him and got about 10 car lengths, and what he said next surprised me cause he usually makes excuses for everything, but what he said, damn, your car has gotten fast, i smiled and said sure.
My Mods:AEM CAI, GReddy Header, Apex'i RS Exhuast
His Mods:3A racing filter on stock intake pipe, generic exhuast with 3" chrome tip, Cut Springs, and some ghetto stickers

Old 10-25-2001, 02:49 PM   #35
f15greasemonkey

damn that brake pedal

Yeah, one time I was racing this Honda. Within a 1/8 of a mile a had beaten him so badly I decided to push that brake pedal. MAN, I couldn't believe it! A few seconds later he blew by me and won the race! I was absolutely devastated! My life as an ECLIPSE driver will never be the same again.

Corey
98 Eclipse RS

Old 10-25-2001, 02:50 PM   #36
9D9 MITSU RS

Ricer Flyby

Most hondas here are rice. Type R EX's everywhere. IF u beat them, they do the ricer flyby and calim a win like that. After u slow because they are obviously beaten, they keep going and act like u lost. I'm glad to see that every Honda owner isn't like that.

Old 10-25-2001, 02:54 PM   #37
Jason ESi-T

Quote:
Originally posted by Accord Man
Hi there, welcome to HS!

Must have been fun to eat up that Sol..

I noticed you have an ESi, so that is non turbo I believe.

So what type of turbo did you strap on, and how much boost ?

Thanks for the welcome!

Actually I prefer to take on mostly domestics and other turbo cars since it's a little more fair. But anyone here I'm sure will answer the call when revved upon.

Yes, it is a non-turbo that's been turbo'ed. You can't believe how many non-turbo eclipses that have been turbocharged.

As my sig says, I have a Mistubishi 16g with a larger 10cm compressor housing (hence called the Super 16g). With an intercooler I boost about 7-8 lbs of boost. I could go up to 10 lbs pretty safely, but I like it just fine around town at about 7-7.5lbs.

Old 10-25-2001, 02:57 PM   #38
97lude

Re: Ricer Flyby

Quote:
Originally posted by 9D9 MITSU RS
Most hondas here are rice. Type R EX's everywhere. IF u beat them, they do the ricer flyby and calim a win like that. After u slow because they are obviously beaten, they keep going and act like u lost. I'm glad to see that every Honda owner isn't like that.

I'm not trying to start anything with you bro, but you keep talking about ricers in Hondas and I see that your car has flames, fangs on the front and Altezza lights on the back. To me you fit the description pretty well yourself.

Old 10-25-2001, 03:41 PM   #39
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Whoa 3 more newbies to the board!!

Welcom to HS fellas (or ladies)!

Old 10-25-2001, 03:42 PM   #40
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Quote:
Originally posted by tackimac8
This my only real kill...
I was at a light coming home from work and my friend rolls up next to me in his jetta, i look over and ask if he wants to go, he says yes so its on, light turns green, i bog a little and he spins his tires, but we are neck and neck, i hear him shift into second and i am at about 5600 rpm so i am still going, i get to about redline and shift and its over, i pulled on him and got about 10 car lengths, and what he said next surprised me cause he usually makes excuses for everything, but what he said, damn, your car has gotten fast, i smiled and said sure.
My Mods:AEM CAI, GReddy Header, Apex'i RS Exhuast
His Mods:3A racing filter on stock intake pipe, generic exhuast with 3" chrome tip, Cut Springs, and some ghetto stickers

Unless that Jetta was a vr6 there was probably no real challenge for ya!

Closed Thread