Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2002, 01:41 AM   #1
2ndGenTeg
4th Gear

Z28 and New Si

I don't normally street race, but...

Tonight on my way to work I had a Z28 roll up on me with his girl in a Z28 and revved on me. My usual take on street racing is "Whatever, why not?" because for me it's just for fun, anyways. Took off from the light and he was ahead, the tip of my front bumper even with his rear wheels. By 80, I had put two car lengths in bewtween us. Then the CAMARO actually did the ricer fly-by when I turned off to go work. That made my night.

On my way home from work, I casually passed a 2003 Civic Si. Now this thing I wanted to race just to see what kinda balls the K20 has. We went at it at the light. I got an awful launch and he put about a car and a half between us just on the launch (he also jumped the light a little). By the end of second it was down to a half and I was pulling on him hard. That's when the pussy decided to bail, which really pissed me off. It's too bad because it would have been interesting. His gears are pretty short, whereas only my first and second are short, but get long at third. It would have been a good race if we had gone for longer or if I had gotten a better launch. It's alright- I'm sure I'll see him again.
Old 10-04-2002, 02:05 AM   #2
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Nice kills Very nice kill on the Z28.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
Old 10-04-2002, 02:33 AM   #3
Parked

Now was that a 3rd gen or a 4th gen? =)

Id have a hard time beliving it was a 4th gen z28..
Old 10-04-2002, 07:17 AM   #4
SVT Cobra

Re: Z28 and New Si

Quote:
Originally posted by 2ndGenTeg
I don't normally street race, but...

Tonight on my way to work I had a Z28 roll up on me with his girl in a Z28 and revved on me. My usual take on street racing is "Whatever, why not?" because for me it's just for fun, anyways. Took off from the light and he was ahead, the tip of my front bumper even with his rear wheels. By 80, I had put two car lengths in bewtween us. Then the CAMARO actually did the ricer fly-by when I turned off to go work. That made my night.

sure it wasnt a v6 camaro? LT1 or LS1, i highly doubt you beat it. what mods do you have? i can slap around LT1's, but even an LS1 is still a challenge for me. its a driver's race. it was probably an 87 iroc-Z lol. if u lost to a civic, than you'd lose to a camaro.

Old 10-04-2002, 09:36 AM   #5
V8killimports

Re: Re: Z28 and New Si

What do you do in the 1/4? How much hp? Mods?
Old 10-04-2002, 10:16 AM   #6
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Nice kills Josh!

How funny is this, out of 4 replies, 3 are from the V8 population..
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Old 10-04-2002, 10:30 AM   #7
ShEaNy

wow the V8s are over this thread like flies on shit... lol..Nice Kills..i was screwing around with a Z28 the other night....i dont really know if i could beat him but there was just one to many cars on the road that night..oh well...he had a nice NeuSpeed decal on his bumper.
Old 10-04-2002, 11:34 AM   #8
SVT Cobra

Quote:
Originally posted by sheany_91accord
wow the V8s are over this thread like flies on shit... lol..Nice Kills..i was screwing around with a Z28 the other night....i dont really know if i could beat him but there was just one to many cars on the road that night..oh well...he had a nice NeuSpeed decal on his bumper.
all u have is a muffler and a cai. whats that 10 hp? z28 would beat you in reverse.

Old 10-04-2002, 12:31 PM   #9
ShEaNy

DUh thanks for the INFO......
Old 10-04-2002, 01:06 PM   #10
Niacin

Dear sir,

No.

Sincerely,

Max

Old 10-04-2002, 01:20 PM   #11
2ndGenTeg
4th Gear

It looked like this:

Anybody else raced a 2003 Si yet?

And to the V8s: You're on ignore. I don't need to be called a liar or justify myself to you. Expect no response from me.
Old 10-04-2002, 01:24 PM   #12
SVT Cobra

Quote:
It looked like this:

Anybody else raced a 2003 Si yet?

And to the V8s: You're on ignore. I don't need to be called a liar or justify myself to you. Expect no response from me.
that's a v6 ... even the v8 camaros of that body style are slow. i dont expect a response, you look foolish enough w/o one.

Old 10-04-2002, 04:27 PM   #13
AzCivic

Quote:
Originally posted by SVT Cobra

that's a v6 ... even the v8 camaros of that body style are slow. i dont expect a response, you look foolish enough w/o one.

Who looks more foolish, a Honda(Acura) owner talking about a kill on a HONDA board or a Ford Mustang owner trying to argue with people DAILY on a HONDA board.
Old 10-04-2002, 06:14 PM   #14
V8killimports

Quote:
[i]
And to the V8s: You're on ignore. I don't need to be called a liar or justify myself to you. Expect no response from me. [/b]

Wow.. how childish.. I can just picture you covering your ears, screaming LaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLa so you can't hear us... I asked a simple question above... I call BS, and I would bet I am right... thank you, come again...
Old 10-04-2002, 06:22 PM   #15
Niacin

I can't tell if it's a 3.4l V6 or a LT1 V8. If it's a 3.4l, then the badge on the front fender should say "camaro", if it's an LT1, then it'll say "Z28". I have no problem believing that he could beat a 3.4l, but he shouldn't be able to beat the LT1, but anything can happen on the street.

As for mr. 2ndGenTeg, I'm sure you can understand where some people have a problem with this thread, based on the little detail in it.

Max

Old 10-04-2002, 06:25 PM   #16
juvenile

V8kill, I think he just generalized a bit by mistake!
SVT was being a jerk though!
Josh did say that he had a really bad launch with the civic!

Old 10-04-2002, 06:29 PM   #17
V8killimports

BTW let me put out a little formula for everyone. A STOCK Z28 will do 14.0 in the quarter. A 2003 Civic Si does 16.1 in the quarter (yes it does). Why everyone is horny over the new civic.. I dunno.. it's slower than previous civics.. so here goes.

X does 14.0
Y does 16.1
Z beats X
Y beats Z

I don't think so. You say bad launch... well you must have had a horrible 2-3 second delay before launching to lose to a new civic Si...
Old 10-04-2002, 06:38 PM   #18
drdingo21

Quote:

he siad it looked like that, aslo that one in that picture is a z28 it says it to the right of the tire. if it was an rs then there would be nothign there at all...

*edit* By the way you V8 people don't need to question everybodys post on what they beat because you think that they couldn't, it makes you guys out to be an ass and makes the orginal thread starter feel like a liar.

Last edited by drdingo21 : 10-04-2002 at 06:46 PM.
Old 10-04-2002, 09:15 PM   #19
2ndGenTeg
4th Gear

I was simply generalizing on the body style. I'll freely admit I can't pick out a trim level by looking at it- I simply don't really care. I just saw the Z28 badge on the tail. How many domestics in here can tell the diffrence between an Integra LS/GS/RS/SE and GSR by just looking?

And I'm not being childish, you're simply not worth my time.
Old 10-04-2002, 09:51 PM   #20
Parked

Sorry you musta misread it.. SVT is right.. an LT1 or LS1 would have beaten u in reverse..

Maybe this was one of those "Hey look over there i think that integras racing me" incidents.. ? (I've had plenty of those )

I'd beive a V6 or 3rd gen, but sorry if your claiming its a Z28... He either wasn't racing or was running off 6 cylinders or maybe his first time ever in a stick car..

*Raises the BS flag*

Sorry just using logic here..

Quote:
*edit* By the way you V8 people don't need to question everybodys post on what they beat because you think that they couldn't, it makes you guys out to be an ass and makes the orginal thread starter feel like a liar.
Ok.. Fair enough, but when its not belivable its not really something pple would let down, thats why the "V8 guys" are jumping on it like flies, because "its not right". Fine maybe he made a mistake.. maybe it was a V6.. or some freak Z28 car with a serious engine problem... but if something aint right on the board its up to people who know its not right to speak up and say something.. Gosh just watch early 90's integras trying to take us V8's at every light thinking they got a chance.. okay.. now that would be kinda funny... then we'd be wondering why all of a sudden integras all over are sayin the've been killin v8's left and right .. meanwhile in V8 land someones posting something bout how all these tegras are trying to race at lights and complaining about too much wasted gas ... ok im digressing here.. but u get my point no?

I'm gona go install my CAI now...
Old 10-04-2002, 11:12 PM   #21
drdingo21

i get your point but either way you guys are in a honda forum. there is no reason to come in here and just try to start shit. I own both a honda and a V8 well two v8s. I love both the cars for differnt reasons. My truck well murder a z28 but still i don't go over to a camaros forum and tell them shit like that. YOu also have to remeber that the integras and hondas only have 4 cyclinders
Old 10-05-2002, 12:10 AM   #22
Wren57

Dont give that "we only have 4 cylinders" BS... please dont do that... that is the worst excuse ever... thats like going to an olympic track race and having your excuse be "well my legs arent as strong as his"... anyways yeah z28 would tear you apart... LT1 or LS1... LT1s beat me most of the time, and I beat Integras like a dirty rug... im not trying to start shit, just want to get the facts straight... no need people believing something that is false... also... your sig says ur car is for sale and it is "babied"... if you race it all the time, its not "babied"... just thought Id clear that up for you...
Old 10-05-2002, 12:14 AM   #23
Parked

Stating a point based on facts is not starting shit. Raising a BS Flag because something doesnt make sense isnt starting shit. For any newer viewers on here it helps them see that something isn't right in a post, I'm sure they would appreciate it rather than beliving some false fuzzy logic. For the rest of the board, it helps build the quality of the posts if people know they just cant post any o'l make believe story on here.
Why don't people after maybe realising they make an "obvious" mistake start asking some smart questions like "how much faster would a Z28 have gone over the V6?" "What would i have to do to really hang with a Stock STang". But why this doesnt happen more, I dont know, but if us "V8 guys" keep flagging down (or at least questioning) the posts that dont seem to make much sense, then maybe one day some pple will get it in their heads that, "hey maybe there is more to learn out there from these guys", just like we browse your forums trying to learn of you guys (well me at least).
Take it for what its worth, if the post is looked at objectivly from a different angle, dont be offended and talk it out. Its not starting "shit" :o

Last edited by guest : 10-05-2002 at 12:19 AM.
Old 10-05-2002, 12:45 AM   #24
V8killimports

That's exactly it.. I read the import magazines as well as my own. I come here to learn about these cars. But that post made no sense at all. He beat a Z28 but then got beat by a 2003 Si? Even if he had a bad start, like I said he had to have fallen asleep. Anyways, I asked simple questions such as mods, 1/4 mile times, and he got defensive. That's how we learned it was BS. Also, many V6 guys love to make their car look slike a SS or Z28 with badges. Same as guys with civics will put on Si badges, and even SiR badges..lol.. Anyways he either is lying about beating it, the guy didn't know he was racing, or he beat a V6. You guys pick.
Old 10-05-2002, 12:48 AM   #25
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

ever think the z28 got a bad start? could have been a kid in a auto not knowing how to drive for hell, then he lines up on the SI with a REALLY good driver who pulls .5 reactions and awsome 60 fts. remeber, this can also be traced to the z28 also. i dont raise the BS flag becuase on the streets, you are racing ANYONE, not pro C&D drivers. dont magazine race

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
Old 10-05-2002, 01:12 AM   #26
drdingo21

thank you 4thGenlude, Cominh in here and pointing out facts is one thing, but coming in here like SVTcobra does and the v8importkiller did when he first joined is something competley differnt. Stating the fact and not being an asshole aout can be done don't come in here saying what happened try saying what you think happended 4thGenlude could be right, or he could have raced a v6 he never said he didn't.

highlander i hate to break it to you but there is no way in gods green earth your highlander will beat my z28 so i dunno where you get that most of time.

There see what i mean he may have beat an old man driving a z28 that didn't know what he was doing but there is no way he could touch my z with me driving but i do know what im doing. I guess im just re stating 4thGenlude's point.

BTW highlander you don't think it pretty remarkable how a 4 cyclinder is keeping up and beating some engines that twice the engine?? i do.
Anybody can buy a sports car and drive it fast, but it takes alot to build your own car and make it go fast. Like my s-10 with a 383 stroker in it. It wasn't stoke like that but its well worth the looks i get when i kill a stang or a camaro.......

Also when i said you V8 guys i didn't mean that as an insult, hell i use to be a V8 guy and hate hondas until i got my civic as a winterbeater and now i love that car. Either way im not trying to start something im tired of always aruging over stuipid shit on this forum..

JJ
Old 10-05-2002, 01:12 AM   #27
Parked

Quote:
could have been a kid in a auto not knowing how to drive for hell, then he lines up on the SI with a REALLY good driver who pulls .5 reactions and awsome 60 fts.

If it was stick fine .. hed have to be VERY bad at it...
I drive an Auto, they're incredible off the line... they chirp 1-2 every time on WOT from a stock config. This isn't magazine racing, integras off the line vs a Z28 (I own a 95) are simply eaten up by one.. not just "bad" but "really bad". You just can't beat one unless his tires are spinning for a good 3 seconds at launch..
INtegra GS- (off some webpage-sure call it magazine racing)
0-30mph: 3.0 seconds
0-40: 4.7
0-50: 6.6
0-60: 9.4
0-70: 12.1
0-80: 16.5
0-90: 21.0
1/4 mile: 16.6 @ 83.5 mph
Top Speed: 130 mph

I'm sorry but thats not even CLOSE to 4th gen, even if he traps 15 in the quarter and goes 0-60 in a MODEST 7 seconds, at the end of a quarter mile, even if you ****ed up the start royally, at the end of a quarter mile a "stock" Z will be going almost 100mph at the trap. Thats 15mph+ difference!
I don't know how you can fend a post out of wack as this one is ... at least help the guy out and realise that its FAR more likely that it was a fake Z28 badge, not even a race, or some messed up Z, rather than a REALLY REALLY bad driver.

Quote:
Then the CAMARO actually did the ricer fly-by when I turned off to go work

Turning off to go to work generally means your taking an offramp/turn and need to slow down. Therefore cars around you "pass" you. Athough to the untrained eye it may appear as a flyby at first

Edit: haha doesnt this one just remind you of gimpy from UNdergrads? -->
Old 10-05-2002, 03:07 AM   #28
2ndGenTeg
4th Gear

Sorry, I couldn't be a bystander any longer.

Fake badging had occured to me. I can't tell you how many 2nd gen Type R Integras I see (even seen a Cavalier Type R on occasion). Having freely admitted that I know nothing about domestics and hearing what you have to say, it seems like a likely scenario. I have no doubt you know what you're talking about, and if you say it's not possible, so be it.

If someone revs on you, it's a race. If it was that messed up, I doubt he would have been driving it. Driver skill? I guess we'll never know.

Perhaps I should rephrase for everyone: I beat a Camaro with a Z28 badge similar to the one pictured above. Fair enough?

You come here to learn, eh? Then why do you have nothing constructive to say, ever? I did a thorough search of everyone's post history, and if you were truly here to learn, you might at least attempt to post something resembling an inquiry or an attempt to better yourself rather than constantly posting demeaning and critical material.

I find two things funny:
1. Domestic owners have no lives to the extent that they have nothing better to do than come to import boards are bash cars with half the displacement. If it's no race to you and it presents no challenge, why do you get such juvenile pleasure out of bashing them over the internet? Sooner or later you'll all realize you're only making asses of yourselves and confirming the reputations of the dometic owners as cocky, arrogant schmucks.
2. Most of these little four bangers could have easily had your car, had they chosen to do so. Personally, with the $20,000 I've invested into my car in the purchase price, system, and mods, I could have had an incredibly fast domestic, had I chosen to do so. Imports cost twice what domestics do (there's a reason for that), and they're twice as expensive to mod. So next time you roll up on a modded import, just know that had owning you been their priority, they could have. Your silly little life is simply just not that important.

And with that, I leave the kill stories forum. Thank you, gentlemen. It's been, ah, educational, at least on the nature of human nature.
Old 10-05-2002, 10:54 AM   #29
V8killimports

Quote:
I find two things funny:
1. Domestic owners have no lives to the extent that they have nothing better to do than come to import boards are bash cars with half the displacement.
2. Most of these little four bangers could have easily had your car, had they chosen to do so. Personally, with the $20,000 I've invested into my car in the purchase price, system, and mods, I could have had an incredibly fast domestic, had I chosen to do so. Imports cost twice what domestics do (there's a reason for that), and they're twice as expensive to mod. So next time you roll up on a modded import, just know that had owning you been their priority, they could have. Your silly little life is simply just not that important.

Where do you people get your information?Imports cost twice what domestics do? What the hell are you talking about? All I hear about it how import guys buy imports cause they are cheap.. but lets put your little moronic theory to test.. Hmm.. Z28 costs somewhere in the neighborhood of $28,000 correct? For we multiply that by 2 = $56,000. Wow.. I had no idea integras cost that much. I guess you are twice the moron for buying a $56,000 integra. Anyways, you don't read the above posts. Please read all the posts in a thread before you comment. I explained why I was here... I have a right to be here JUST AS MUCH as you do. So keep crying about it, and your "have the dicplacemet" shit again and again as you do.. and see how far it gets you in life...
Old 10-05-2002, 12:49 PM   #30
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Quote:

You come here to learn, eh? Then why do you have nothing constructive to say, ever? I did a thorough search of everyone's post history, and if you were truly here to learn, you might at least attempt to post something resembling an inquiry or an attempt to better yourself rather than constantly posting demeaning and critical material.

Actually you guys maybe you should listen to that.....When was the last time you posted a thread in the tech departnemt or turbo, or anything other then here...?? Why do you only post in the kill stories section? That's not educational. I think your just a bunch of little keyboard racers that have too much time on your hands....sorry had to be said.

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
Old 10-05-2002, 01:50 PM   #31
V8killimports

Quote:
Originally posted by dereks civic
Actually you guys maybe you should listen to that.....When was the last time you posted a thread in the tech departnemt or turbo, or anything other then here...?? Why do you only post in the kill stories section? That's not educational. I think your just a bunch of little keyboard racers that have too much time on your hands....sorry had to be said.

I am there all the time reading posts..I read to learn.. I don't talk to learn.. maybe if you shut your mouth from time to time instead of letting shit spil out of it you might learn something too.. sorry just had to be said..
Old 10-05-2002, 05:26 PM   #32
drdingo21

Quote:
Originally posted by V8killimports
I am there all the time reading posts..I read to learn.. I don't talk to learn.. maybe if you shut your mouth from time to time instead of letting shit spil out of it you might learn something too.. sorry just had to be said..
stop being an asshole. Your not near as bad as the other two. i will admit i have seen you make post that have help other people but SVT and Guest only post here in the kill forums. You don't have to be a dick to get your point across. And you don't have the right ot be here if the whole reason your here is to bash imports (not you but there are other that are here for that reason only).
Old 10-05-2002, 06:28 PM   #33
SVT Cobra

Quote:
Originally posted by drdingo21
stop being an asshole. Your not near as bad as the other two. i will admit i have seen you make post that have help other people but SVT and Guest only post here in the kill forums. You don't have to be a dick to get your point across. And you don't have the right ot be here if the whole reason your here is to bash imports (not you but there are other that are here for that reason only).

have i said anything lately? go **** yourself. there, i gave you something to ***** about. drdingo, you are a ***got. stop bein a whiny *****. aww you got sand in your vagina?
grow up. close this post already.

Old 10-05-2002, 06:36 PM   #34
drdingo21

see thats the kinda of shit im talking about. you ****ing pice of shit don't you get tired of being gay all the time? and if your gonna insult me at least come up with something creative rather than just rattleing names off you stupid ****. This thread was actaully a nive converstaion until you came in and ****ed it up. Don't you think its odd that almost every thread you post in gets closed? You would think a **** like you would take the hint and shut the **** up. But no your stupid and keep posting stupid shit left and right, ever wonder why your were a moderated user? And then ontop of that you make a new thread complaing about how you can't reply even though your stupid ass was told 4 times that you can't reply because you were a moderated user. And whats sad is i honestly belive you are that ****ing stupid, at first i though you were just kidding around and being an asshole but no. You really are a moron. Why don't you just go ****ing die

and another thing how come every ****ing time i insult that worthless shit my post get edited and i get pm'ed about be civil, and yet the mods let this dochbag SVT post and ruin threads left and right and keep his post and the new threads the ****ing moron started stay. Thats bull shit.
Old 10-05-2002, 06:38 PM   #35
SVT Cobra

Quote:
see thats the kinda of shit im talking about. you ****ing pice of shit don't you get tired of being gay all the time? and if your gonna insult me at least come up with something creative rather than just rattleing names off you stupid ****. This thread was actaully a nive converstaion until you came in and ****ed it up. Don't you think its odd that almost every thread you post in gets closed? You would think a **** like you would take the hint and shut the **** up. But no your stupid and keep posting stupid shit left and right, ever wonder why your were a moderated user? And then ontop of that you make a new thread complaing about how you can't reply even though your stupid ass was told 4 times that you can't reply because you were a moderated user. And whats sad is i honestly belive you are that ****ing stupid, at first i though you were just kidding around and being an asshole but no. You really are a moron. Why don't you just go ****ing die

proved my point. man, you're a baby. how old are you again?
boo hoo.

Old 10-05-2002, 06:39 PM   #36
drdingo21

Quote:

proved my point. man, you're a baby. how old are you again?
boo hoo.
yea that was a good one... and you proved nothing other than you a little ***** that have moomy and daddy but you everything in turn for sexual favors.
Old 10-05-2002, 06:41 PM   #37
SVT Cobra

Quote:
yea that was a good one... and you proved nothing other than you a little ***** that have moomy and daddy but you everything in turn for sexual favors.

WHO TOLD YOU!!!?

Old 10-05-2002, 06:41 PM   #38
drdingo21

in your other post you said how you like when your dad doesn't use lubercation, let me find the link you ****
Old 10-05-2002, 06:44 PM   #39
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

OVER! DONE WITH! GUYS dont turn every post that involves a domestic car into a fight. if you dont agree... just say good kill, you must be a good driver. theres no reason for this

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
Closed Thread