FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2002, 11:57 AM   #41
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by SVT Cobra
racing rice...
you find me a 96-98 cobra in CT for that cheap.

Sorry bud, I dont live in CT.. I live in Ohio.. Ive seen a couple for around that price. A lot of it probably has to do with the area too. But around here, I find that the 93 Cobra hold their value better the the 95/96 Cobras do for some reason. I was surprised to say the least.
Old 09-26-2002, 11:58 AM   #42
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing Rice

ha.. You can pick up a 96 Cobra for $13K.. That model cobra doesnt seem to be holding its value really well.

I was giving him the benefit of the doubt...guess I was just trying to be nice.......

Quote:
Originally posted by IALuder
thats why i use a sock.

Quote:
Originally posted by MissJDM
Darin, please confirm that you don't like the cock!

HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #7
Anna Fan Club Member #1
Old 09-26-2002, 11:59 AM   #43
delsolvtec
Del Sol Forum Moderator

ha ha, changing gears is not going to be equivalent to adding a hundred horsepower, and even if it were that would still put you about 40hp under that porsche, who's is pushing all wheel drive with a close ratio six speed transmission. Once again you are wrong buddy.

I have said before I have experience with muscle cars too. I have a 65 GTO 389 tripower with a 4.10 rearend, rock crusher 4spd with a centerforce clutch and I know for sure I could walk your mustang with that and it's 0-60 time is no way in the 4 second range.

Gearing can play a large part in acceleration, but by no means is it equal to adding a hundred horsepower. I think you need to watch a few more episodes of gearhead garage or shadetree mechanic before you speak anymore.
Old 09-26-2002, 11:59 AM   #44
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by AccordinStyle

sorry, I fixed it...........

Is it supposed to say 25c digital prints?
Old 09-26-2002, 12:01 PM   #45
SVT Cobra

the 93's are awesome and very rare. 94/95 were the last 5.0s. they were heavy and had horrible computers. they are cheapr around here. 96+ are hard to come by and people ask an arm and a leg for them.

Old 09-26-2002, 12:02 PM   #46
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

Quote:
u spent 18k on a 160 whp car. i spent 18k on a 260 rwhp car that looks and sounds better than yours ever will.

Really??? Where are pictures of your car????? Don't seem to see any?? By the way, how many car shows have you won since I've already racked up a few trophies for mine....

Sounds better then mine??...can you hear it all the way from CT or where ever the hell your from?

Quote:
thats why i use a sock.

Quote:

Anna Fan Club Member #1
Old 09-26-2002, 12:04 PM   #47
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

Quote:

Is it supposed to say 25c digital prints?

I can see it as a pic...are you not seeing a pic of my Accord as my sig???

Quote:
thats why i use a sock.

Quote:

Anna Fan Club Member #1
Old 09-26-2002, 12:06 PM   #48
SVT Cobra

Quote:
Originally posted by delsolvtec
ha ha, changing gears is not going to be equivalent to adding a hundred horsepower, and even if it were that would still put you about 40hp under that porsche, who's is pushing all wheel drive with a close ratio six speed transmission. Once again you are wrong buddy.

I have said before I have experience with muscle cars too. I have a 65 GTO 389 tripower with a 4.10 rearend, rock crusher 4spd with a centerforce clutch and I know for sure I could walk your mustang with that and it's 0-60 time is no way in the 4 second range.

Gearing can play a large part in acceleration, but by no means is it equal to adding a hundred horsepower. I think you need to watch a few more episodes of gearhead garage or shadetree mechanic before you speak anymore.
seriously, you may be the stupidest person i have ever talked to.
where did i say i could beat a porsche 911 turbo? those cars do high 11's stock and weigh like 2900 lbs and have the engine in the back. you're a ****in moron. i hope you and your little grasshopper car get hit by a mac truck and if i ever come to chicago i would gladly beat your pathetic ass. you are so corny and have such an attitude that you think you know everything. your cockiness makes me sick, especially all the incorrect info u spit out. gears get me in the max power band much much much faster u fool. when i get on my car, the rpms never drop below 3700 and fly to the 7k redline. thats all max hp- NON STOP.

Old 09-26-2002, 12:10 PM   #49
SVT Cobra

Quote:

Really??? Where are pictures of your car????? Don't seem to see any?? By the way, how many car shows have you won since I've already racked up a few trophies for mine....

Sounds better then mine??...can you hear it all the way from CT or where ever the hell your from?

sorry im not a computer nerd. all my pics are too big to post and i dont know how to put the pic next to my name on the bio thing.
and i really could care less. i cropped one pic and posted it before. whatever.

Old 09-26-2002, 12:10 PM   #50
delsolvtec
Del Sol Forum Moderator

I never said you could beat a Porsche, you did. You said you run 4 seconds 0-60, well so does a Porsche, that was my point. Once again read the posts before you get all bent out of shape and go ranting and raving. I am anything but stupid my friend. At least I speak the truth about my car and I don't spit out guests at figures on which I know nothing about. Saying your car would run 12's because someone else with similar mods does is BS. There are many factors that determine a timeslip. Driver, how tuned the car is etc...

Once again I ask that you get a life and stop bragging about your car when obviously you do not even know it's exact performance potential.

You said your car hits 0-60 "well into the 4 second range", well you are wrong considering that 11 second Porsche hits 0-60 in 4.1 seconds exactly and you said you couldn't beat it by any means.

So who doesn't know what they are talking about? YOU!!!

Last edited by delsolvtec : 09-26-2002 at 12:13 PM.
Old 09-26-2002, 12:19 PM   #51
SVT Cobra

1. I'm gay
2. my 0-60 is about 4.6-4.7
3. what the **** does a porsche 911 turbo have to do with me?
that car is the total opposite of mine. do you know that is not very easy to get 0-60 in sub 4's. its called traction. have you heard of ferrari? i could smoke a few off the line, but guess what? they will finish a full second + faster in the 1/4 than i would.
4. 0-60 doesnt win the race, the twin turbo, light weight, rear engine does.
5. why are you totally changing the subject? now you are comparing my car to a $114,000 porsche.
6. you are the one who needs a life and a new boyfriend. you need to park your cricket in front a moving train.
7. I'm an idiot.

Old 09-26-2002, 12:21 PM   #52
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

Quote:

sorry im not a computer nerd. all my pics are too big to post and i dont know how to put the pic next to my name on the bio thing.
and i really could care less. i cropped one pic and posted it before. whatever.

Are you talking????? I'm not a "computer nerd" either...whatever, I think I told you or another Stang driver that I have nothing against Mustangs...just idiots like you that drive them....so let me ask you a question, and let me warn you that I'm gonna drop my intellectual conversation abilities a little to get on your level....do you date girls alot younger than you so you can feel superior? Or pick on old people? This is a 4cyl & 6cyl forum...you're probably right, we'll never have the torque and the power that your precious V8 Mustang has...but who gives a f*ck? This is a Honda Forum...H O N D A ....not M U S T A N G....so, if you have such a problem with Hondas...then leave.......good bye

Quote:
thats why i use a sock.

Quote:

Anna Fan Club Member #1
Old 09-26-2002, 12:23 PM   #53
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

Quote:
6. you are the one who needs a life and a new boyfriend. you need to park your cricket in front a moving train.
7. goddamn you're an idiot.

delsol...allow me to reply to this....SVT? F*ck off..........

Quote:
thats why i use a sock.

Quote:

Anna Fan Club Member #1
Old 09-26-2002, 12:27 PM   #54
delsolvtec
Del Sol Forum Moderator

SVT, it's obvious you are the one that can't handle the conversation. Starting in with the personal attacks. I am not comparing your car to a 114K dollar Porsche, just comparing your claimed times to a car that runs those times stock. Once again proving that you don't know what you are talking about.

Calm down there sparky, you are starting to allow steam to escape through your nose. It's a message board and they are cars. Relax.

I know it's not easy to get a 0-60 in the 4's, that is why I called you out on your BS claim of doing so.

Grow up man. Stop trying to put people's cars and people down.
Old 09-26-2002, 12:28 PM   #55
SVT Cobra

ban me already.
ive proved my points time and time again.
i dont need ppl telling me how i drive or how my car runs or anything. i know what my car is capable of and any fact i have given, i can assure you that is correct. just because you read car and driver and check out specs doesnt mean you know anything.
delsol just loves attention and tries to thow in any useless bit of misinformation he can and waits for the rest of you to chime in as reinforcement. i have some balls coming on here to demand repsect from a whole group. see what happens when a honda guys comes over on stang net and talks trash. trust me. i know my car and all about mustangs, more than most of you will ever know. so dont underestimate my comments just because i become angry easily.

Old 09-26-2002, 12:32 PM   #56
delsolvtec
Del Sol Forum Moderator

Dude, you haven't proven anything except that you can run off at the mouth without knowing a thing about what you are saying. So why must you be banned? Why can't you just go away? Is it because the guys on the mustang boards will laugh at your claim of gears being equal to 100hp gain? I think so. You may know about mustangs, but you obviously know nothing about the potential of other cars. So go somewhere that you can talk mustangs all day. Good day and good riddance.

You know mustangs, I know Hondas.. Can I ask again what you are doing on a honda board? It doesn't take balls to come on another type of car enthusiasts site to demand respect, it takes ignorance and a love for all things involving drama. So go away.
Old 09-26-2002, 12:32 PM   #57
SVT Cobra

lick a fat one delsol. you and your fairy grasshopper mobile need to get a life. mustangs, camaro's, corvettes and trans ams all can do 0-60 in mid to high 4's with rear end gears. totally besides the point... and to tell you the truth, i dont even know what the point is anymore. and i dont care.

Old 09-26-2002, 12:33 PM   #58
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:

I can see it as a pic...are you not seeing a pic of my Accord as my sig???

Nope no accord in your sig. Your host probably doesnt allow linking.
Old 09-26-2002, 12:34 PM   #59
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

you know...I think I saw somewhere earlier where you told delsol to get a life....doesn't seem like you have too much of one if you're spending your time talking shit on a Honda forum...

Quote:
thats why i use a sock.

Quote:

Anna Fan Club Member #1
Old 09-26-2002, 12:35 PM   #60
delsolvtec
Del Sol Forum Moderator

Quote:
I lick fat dick.. and to tell you the truth, i dont even know what the point is anymore. and i dont care.

Thank you for finally admitting that. Now since there is no point you will have no problem going away.
Old 09-26-2002, 12:35 PM   #61
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

Quote:

Nope no accord in your sig. Your host probably doesnt allow linking.

Well that sucks, it's showing up on my computer....guess I'll just delete it......

Quote:
thats why i use a sock.

Quote:

Anna Fan Club Member #1
Old 09-26-2002, 12:35 PM   #62
delsolvtec
Del Sol Forum Moderator

Thanks accordin, for making a valid point.
Old 09-26-2002, 12:37 PM   #63
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Im about 2 mins away from banning the both of you..

*closed*
Old 09-26-2002, 12:37 PM   #64
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Hmm... Wildy entertaining conversation yet again.

The 96 Cobras are cheap. You can easily get one for $13k.
http://www.edmunds.com/used/1996/for...ang/index.html
That all depends on the area of course.

Changing the ring & pinions does do alot. I don't know whether its like adding 100hp though. My friend is having his tranny race prepped & his rear end swapped to a 4.56 from a 3.59. The only bad part about swapping the rear end is your gas mileage goes down the crapper. He's gonna be lucky to hit 10 MPG.

You guys need to meet up & race. Hell I'd show up to witness it. Setup a time I'll bring the digicam...........
Closed Thread