User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2002, 12:39 PM   #1
delsolvtec
Del Sol Forum Moderator

ha ha ha hyundai...

Some kid in a new Hyundai Tiburon tried to toy with my del sol today. What a joke. It was a V6 manual Tiburon. I think they are like 170hp stock. Needless to say he never saw anything more then the side of my car while sitting still. I didn't even have to floor it.
Old 09-25-2002, 12:52 PM   #2
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Lol, that would be funny to see

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
Old 09-25-2002, 02:05 PM   #3
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Was it one of the newer ones or older ones?

Edit:
NM.. They didnt have a V6 in the older ones..
Old 09-25-2002, 02:11 PM   #4
delsolvtec
Del Sol Forum Moderator

It was a brand new Tiburon, the more boxy new style body.

Looked like this..

Old 09-25-2002, 03:22 PM   #5
juvenile

Those actually look pretty good and I bet they're pretty quick...
of course that is for a stock car (maybe, not sure)

nice kill though...

Old 09-25-2002, 07:25 PM   #6
ShEaNy

heh nice kill..i like the new version of tiburons...
Old 09-25-2002, 07:38 PM   #7
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

The new tiburons are nicer then the old ones, but its still a Hyundai.

Good kill!
Old 09-25-2002, 09:22 PM   #8
HONDASPORT02

hha thats a nice kill! I bet he thought he was gonna eat you up, but then you eneded up clowning his ***** azz!! haha..

peaCE

Old 09-25-2002, 10:30 PM   #9
SVT Cobra

delsol.... you never answered my question.
how fast is your car then? what do you think it honestly does in the 1/4?
i only see you bragging about beating tirburons and old fox body mustangs... have you beaten anything worth mentioning? what kinda times do you expect?? huh huh?

Old 09-25-2002, 11:14 PM   #10
delsolvtec
Del Sol Forum Moderator

I still wonder why you always have to try to start crap with me.

My del sol ran a 13.5 before I turned up my boost from 5psi to 10psi. I have also added a blow off valve, intercooler, forged pistons, total seal rings, a BBK fuel pump, venom injectors, an aem fuel rail, B&M fuel flow modifier, greddy 2mm head gasket, stage II clutch, and an apexi VAFC...

I'm thinking all of this might shave near a second off my 1/4 time. I haven't taken it to the track yet. I'm waiting for the rings to seat. Don't want to blow anything up after putting all that work in to it.

You will be the first to know once I get a slip from the track.

Oh, and I'll make sure to take a video of me walking all over my buddies SVT cobra....
Old 09-25-2002, 11:39 PM   #11
78 monte

SVT what does your car run??

Old 09-25-2002, 11:49 PM   #12
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

Quote:
Originally posted by delsolvtec
My del sol ran a 13.5 before I turned up my boost from 5psi to 10psi. I have also added a blow off valve, intercooler, forged pistons, total seal rings, a BBK fuel pump, venom injectors, an aem fuel rail, B&M fuel flow modifier, greddy 2mm head gasket, stage II clutch, and an apexi VAFC...

nice kill delsol.......
Old 09-25-2002, 11:51 PM   #13
monkut

huh huh?

Old 09-25-2002, 11:58 PM   #14
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

Quote:
Originally posted by monkut
huh huh?

huh what?
Old 09-26-2002, 12:08 AM   #15
delsolvtec
Del Sol Forum Moderator

Yeah SVT, good question. What does your "Superstang" run?
Old 09-26-2002, 12:17 AM   #16
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
I'm waiting for the rings to seat. Don't want to blow anything up after putting all that work in to it.

it looks to me you are alreqady blowing it off:

race a tiburon, (this thread)

race a 5.0 stang (http://www.hondastyle.com/forums/sho...&threadid=7518)

isn't that abuse ? as i know after rebuilding a motor you need to drive the car normally, not abuse nor pamper it. it looks to me you are already abusing it, so the rings should be seated right

Old 09-26-2002, 12:24 AM   #17
delsolvtec
Del Sol Forum Moderator

actually if you read my posts correctly you would notice that I wasn't pushing my engine even close to it's fullest potential.

In the 5.0 thread, boosting 6psi, not 10 as the motor was intended for...

Tyburon thread, I said I didn't even have to floor it.
Old 09-26-2002, 12:26 AM   #18
delsolvtec
Del Sol Forum Moderator

Also when racing that stang never once did I redline my car, actually I didn't even take it past 5500rpm. I was too far ahead of him to have to take it up any higher.
Old 09-26-2002, 07:03 AM   #19
SVT Cobra

from what i have gathered from other honda weenies in person is that you're not gonna get more than 240hp n/a from any built honda engine. and 6 psi of turbo won't do much. superchargers for your cars only add 40-60 hp. 6-10 isnt a big jump at all.
you have put wayyy too much money into your car. with what you have, i doubt your car would see 12's. come on, thats a 17 second car stock. i barely have any mods and i havent been to the track cuz theres none around me. but from asking other people with my exact mods i can tell you that with some good tires im in the 12.9-13.3 range, easy.
in a street race i think you would be left behind. i have raced a del sol with turbo before and i gained on him and passed him steadily and easily. im not saying your car is slow. its slow for how much money was dumped into it. the more you do to ur car, the more unreliable it is. all i have to do is get long tube headers, underdrive pullies, mass air and i would hit high 12's consistently; all n/a. even cheaper... i could just get 4.56 gears and thats it. for right now, im leavin my car alone. i commute to school everyday. i speed as it is. i dont need a 10 second car with ME driving it. when my loan is almost payed off i need to decide if im going to put t76 turbo in my car or just get the brand new 2005 mustang 5.0 dohc, over 400hp n/a. decisions, decisions.

Old 09-26-2002, 07:11 AM   #20
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by SVT Cobra
...you have put wayyy too much money into your car.

Thats his problem, not yours? Dont even bother with it. If he wants to spend that much money on his car, good for him. If you dont like his, car good for you.

Get over it.
Old 09-26-2002, 07:23 AM   #21
SVT Cobra

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing Rice

Thats his problem, not yours? Dont even bother with it. If he wants to spend that much money on his car, good for him. If you dont like his, car good for you.

Get over it.

you took that the wrong way. too much money to only be a mid 13 second car. 13,000 is a lot of money. if i had 13k, my car would run 9's, be pretty reliable and a daily driver if i wanted.
all i would do is a T-56 transmission, $2700 for everything. an outlaw stage II TDC turbo kit, $7000, and forged internals $1600.
still less than what he spent and i would run 9's all day. i would have near 700rwhp.

Old 09-26-2002, 07:37 AM   #22
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Nice kill............

Tiburon Specs (V6)
Base Engine Type: V6
Horsepower: 170 hp
Max Horsepower: 6000 rpm
Torque: 181 ft-lbs.
Max Torque: 4000 rpm

Quote:
from what i have gathered from other honda weenies in person is that you're not gonna get more than 240hp n/a from any built honda engine. and 6 psi of turbo won't do much. superchargers for your cars only add 40-60 hp. 6-10 isnt a big jump at all.

Where'd you get your info? 240 is stock on the S2000 powerplant so I'd imagine with minor mods you'd beat the 240 you stated.
Well yeah 6psi won't do much. He's trying not to blow up his newly rebuilt motor.
40-60hp from a supercharger? Where are you coming up with this stuff? A JRSC can boost 10psi. Supposedly it can go above 10psi, but i doubt it. Vortech is usually about 6-10psi.
Quote:
you have put wayyy too much money into your car. with what you have, i doubt your car would see 12's. come on, thats a 17 second car stock. i barely have any mods and i havent been to the track cuz theres none around me. but from asking other people with my exact mods i can tell you that with some good tires im in the 12.9-13.3 range, easy.
Why is it too much money? If he has it why not spend it? Its not a 17 second car stock. Its mid 15's stock(I believe he has the b16 engine).
You won't always get what everyone else gets. 60% driver, 40% car.

Quote:
in a street race i think you would be left behind. i have raced a del sol with turbo before and i gained on him and passed him steadily and easily. im not saying your car is slow. its slow for how much money was dumped into it. the more you do to ur car, the more unreliable it is. all i have to do is get long tube headers, underdrive pullies, mass air and i would hit high 12's consistently; all n/a. even cheaper... i could just get 4.56 gears and thats it. for right now, im leavin my car alone. i commute to school everyday. i speed as it is. i dont need a 10 second car with ME driving it. when my loan is almost payed off i need to decide if im going to put t76 turbo in my car or just get the brand new 2005 mustang 5.0 dohc, over 400hp n/a. decisions, decisions.

Well you don't know that you'd beat him & you don't know that'd he get left behind in a race either.
If the rebuilds are done right & spend the money for quality parts, the car will last.
With larger displacement engines it takes less to increase horsepower.
I have a lead foot and the points on my license to prove it. I still want a faster car. Maybe I'll build up my Si or maybe I'llget another car. I tend to lose interest in things real quick. I have a feeling I'll have owned about 10 different by the time I'm 30.......
Old 09-26-2002, 07:47 AM   #23
SVT Cobra

Quote:
Originally posted by Civic_Addict

Where'd you get your info? 240 is stock on the S2000 powerplant so I'd imagine with minor mods you'd beat the 240 you stated.

the s2000 is basically a maxed out n/a 4 cylinder. tell me when someone gets more hp than that n/a.

im reading directly from the summit catalouge....
"Jackson superchargers produced 52 additional horsepower on a 99-01 civic si and 58 more on a 94-99 integra gsr." pg. 308 in the sept-oct. catalouge.

Old 09-26-2002, 08:10 AM   #24
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
the s2000 is basically a maxed out n/a 4 cylinder. tell me when someone gets more hp than that n/a.

im reading directly from the summit catalouge....
"Jackson superchargers produced 52 additional horsepower on a 99-01 civic si and 58 more on a 94-99 integra gsr." pg. 308 in the sept-oct. catalouge.

All you have to do is add an intake, exhaust to it and its over your 240hp claim.

Thats with the stock 6 psi pulley. You can get other pullies. JR sells a 8psi kit. That Eaton s/c is capable of 10psi boost stock. Anything above requires a rebuild on the s/c.
Old 09-26-2002, 11:21 AM   #25
delsolvtec
Del Sol Forum Moderator

First of all 240hp from an N/A Honda is acheivable. There is a guy running a n/a 1.5 liter that is hitting mid ten second times on the track. That's a 1.5 liter naturally aspirated motor.

And as for me spending too much money, that's your opinion. I have spent a lot of money, but I'm happy with what I have and that is what matters.

FYI, my car is running a D16... And it's reliable as the day it rolled off the showroom floor considering all the internals have been beefed up along with a ton of other stuff to make sure it runs every day. I drive this car every day, to work and school and back again. It gets me downtown every weekend. That is where all the money comes in. To build a higher powered 4 cylinder car that is reliable as well as fast.

And as for my car being a 17 second car stock. I don't think so. 16's maybe, but 17's no way. Have you ever driven a turbo eclipse? Those are boosting around 10psi stock and put out about 200hp. So I would think with the amount of mods I have I am over that figure, especially considering I walked my friends GSX eclipse even before I rebuilt my motor.

Get a life man, and stop trying to trash people's cars.
Old 09-26-2002, 11:31 AM   #26
SVT Cobra

Quote:
[B
And as for my car being a 17 second car stock. I don't think so. 16's maybe, but 17's no way. Have you ever driven a turbo eclipse? Those are boosting around 10psi stock and put out about 200hp. So I would think with the amount of mods I have I am over that figure, especially considering I walked my friends GSX eclipse even before I rebuilt my motor.

Get a life man, and stop trying to trash people's cars. [/b]

10 psi and only 200hp. that is pathetic. those eclipses run mid 15's stock. i seriously doubt your car is as fast as you say it is.
what have you beaten that is impressive? i beat up on camaros, m3s, wrxs, 3000gts, t/a's, various turbo jap boxes, LT1 vettes,89 turbo porsche, and a lot of cannibalistic mustang kills.

Old 09-26-2002, 11:34 AM   #27
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

Hey SVT, just out of curiousity...how much hp are you pushing right now (to the wheels)??????

Quote:
Originally posted by IALuder
thats why i use a sock.

Quote:
Originally posted by MissJDM
Darin, please confirm that you don't like the cock!

HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #7
Anna Fan Club Member #1
Old 09-26-2002, 11:37 AM   #28
delsolvtec
Del Sol Forum Moderator

I said I was pushing around 220hp before I rebuilt my motor and turned the boost up from 6-10psi. If you have had any experience with turbos 4psi makes a world of difference once boost builds up. It has become apparently obvious that you have no clue what you are talking about. I also said I walked, meaning smoke, meaning blew the doors off of (in muscleheads lamen's terms) pushing my car well below the 15 second envelope.

M3? Not even a challenge, my Mom drives one and it's not a quick car at all compared to the cars I have owned/do own.

10psi and 200hp is great for a stock 4cyl turbo car, find me another car with those figures? Didn't think so. Obviously mitsubishi couldn't build a 400hp (which those cars are highly capable of) car stock, they wouldn't be able to sell them.

Dude, start to think before you speak. You are sounding more and more ignorant with every post.
Old 09-26-2002, 11:37 AM   #29
96civicFL

[quote]Originally posted by SVT Cobra
[b]

the s2000 is basically a maxed out n/a 4 cylinder. tell me when someone gets more hp than that

1 of my buddies has a 94 2dr civic ex and has about 270whp (with out the laughing gas and no turbo/SC)

Old 09-26-2002, 11:38 AM   #30
SVT Cobra

id say 285 to the wheels. 330-335 flywheel. thats how most 96-98 cobras dynoed with similar or exact mods.

you all do know changing the gear ratio feels equivalent to adding 100 hp and the results are almost the same.

Old 09-26-2002, 11:39 AM   #31
delsolvtec
Del Sol Forum Moderator

Ha Ha, 285hp to the wheels on that iron road weight... Now I know for sure I'd give you a nice shot of my tail lights...
Old 09-26-2002, 11:41 AM   #32
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

Quote:
Originally posted by 96civicFL
1 of my buddies has a 94 2dr civic ex and has about 270whp (with out the laughing gas and no turbo/SC) [/b]

HS!!!!! (doesn't stand for 'Honda Style')

Quote:
thats why i use a sock.

Quote:

Anna Fan Club Member #1
Old 09-26-2002, 11:41 AM   #33
SVT Cobra

i doubt its possible to make 270 whp in a n/a honda.....

delsol.... who are you kidding? your car does not magically run 4 seconds faster cuz of a turbo. what is your 0-60?? i would devastate you from a street light. my 0-60 is well into the 4's.

Old 09-26-2002, 11:46 AM   #34
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

Quote:
[b]id say 285 to the wheels

o.k., so, you're driving a $32,000 (at least new) car and you have 285 hp to the wheels....my $18,000 (approx. new) 4 cyl Accord has 160 hp to the wheels....I've only invested a little under $2,000 (performance) so I guess that leaves me $13,000 more to catch up to you...you're right...Hondas are pathetic

Quote:
thats why i use a sock.

Quote:

Anna Fan Club Member #1
Old 09-26-2002, 11:46 AM   #35
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by AccordinStyle

HS!!!!! (doesn't stand for 'Honda Style')

Dude, could you do something with your sig please.. Theres nothing there but a banner.
Old 09-26-2002, 11:48 AM   #36
delsolvtec
Del Sol Forum Moderator

A turbo alone will not make a car run four seconds faster, but a turbo with a ton of other mods and a carefully tuned motor can shave 4 seconds off a 1/4 mile easy. I didn't just bolt a turbo onto a stock car man. Again know what you are talking about before you put your foot in your mouth yet again.

0-60 times.. Hmmm, I'll have to check that out. I highly doubt a Rustang putting 285hp to the pavement is going to run a 4 second 0-60 time.

Porsche 911 Turbo
Hp: 420
0-60: 4.1 seconds

So I highly doubt your car that weighs a good amount more then that small two seater turbo six porsche with half the HP is running similar 0-60 times.

Dude, get a clue. Check your facts before trying to brag.
Old 09-26-2002, 11:49 AM   #37
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by AccordinStyle

o.k., so, you're driving a $32,000 (at least new) car and you have 285 hp to the wheels....my $18,000 (approx. new) 4 cyl Accord has 160 hp to the wheels....I've only invested a little under $2,000 (performance) so I guess that leaves me $13,000 more to catch up to you...you're right...Hondas are pathetic

ha.. You can pick up a 96 Cobra for $13K.. That model cobra doesnt seem to be holding its value really well.
Old 09-26-2002, 11:50 AM   #38
delsolvtec
Del Sol Forum Moderator

Quote:

ha.. You can pick up a 96 Cobra for $13K.. That model cobra doesnt seem to be holding its value really well.

and there are plenty of reasons for that...
Old 09-26-2002, 11:54 AM   #39
SVT Cobra

racing rice...
you find me a 96-98 cobra in CT for that cheap.
yes thats the blue book value. trust me i looked. around here they are priced from 16-22k USED. CT is the richest state in the usa. u spent 18k on a 160 whp car. i spent 18k on a 260 rwhp car that looks and sounds better than yours ever will.

delsolvtec... you are very ignorant and think you know everything.
do you know what rear end gear ratios do?
do you know how a short shifter, lightened drive shaft and a lower ring and pinion ratio work together? my stock ratio was 3.27's and i went down to 4.10. the results are the equivalent of adding a 100hp. you dont know shit,

Old 09-26-2002, 11:56 AM   #40
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

Quote:

Dude, could you do something with your sig please.. Theres nothing there but a banner.

sorry, I fixed it...........

Quote:
thats why i use a sock.

Quote:

Anna Fan Club Member #1
Closed Thread