User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2002, 10:50 PM   #1
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

cocky truck owner got 0wn3d, and rsx type-s plays with the h22

well, i was chillen at the light and i dont normaly street race unless i feel the time and place is right, and this was just a i had to be an ass type race. this truck pulls up next to me, POS thing, and he's like.. u got a 6 in that, so he instantly shows his uneducatedness, but i can forgive him for that, i said no. he was like, oh.. so its slow. i was like... not really, i dont loose to much around here. he was like, well im faster than you blah blah blah. i told him im gonna count to 3, when the light turns green then go, so you can get a fair head start, we go till the next light between 1/4 mile and half mile away. light turns green he speeds off, i count to 3 kinda quick maybe 1.5-2 seocnds and go. i was at his rear bumper by the top of 2nd, 1/2 car on him by 3rd, and walked as soon as i hit 4th.at the following light he didnt stop, he turn off and wouldnt even look at me when i yelled "good race" at him????

oh and there was a rsx type-s on my ass on wensday night, he pulls up next to me and revs, all i know is he has an exaust. light turns green and i jump a car out on him, and he never made the space up. i just pulled.. not as interesting as the truck, but i felt better about that one

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
Old 09-02-2002, 12:15 AM   #2
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

good job bro!

you show those fools!
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Old 09-02-2002, 12:20 AM   #3
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Nice kills.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
Old 09-02-2002, 12:28 AM   #4
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

the truck was no supprise, thats why i was so cocky, but i was kinda shaking for the type-s. there was no way i was gonna talk shit ot the rsx.

Old 09-02-2002, 02:03 PM   #5
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Nice. Your car shouldn't have an issue taking an RSX on. At least not one that's almost stock.
Old 09-02-2002, 06:41 PM   #6
monkut

hey 4thgenlude, do you have a mods on your engine? i mean the rsx type s has the same hp as the h22...so i would assume a close race.

Old 09-02-2002, 08:35 PM   #7
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Nice kills.

Old 09-03-2002, 03:25 PM   #8
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Originally posted by monkut
hey 4thgenlude, do you have a mods on your engine? i mean the rsx type s has the same hp as the h22...so i would assume a close race.
yeah,
iceman intake
dc sports 4-2-1 header
greddy sp exaust
no cat
msd 6a ignition box
msd blaster 2 coil
act heavy duty pressure plate with the street/stripe clutch disk
b&m fpr(stock fuel pressure)
aem tru time cam gears(untuned)
apex'i vafc(untuned)
double sized aluminum radiator
then i got suspension upgrades and a cf hood/rims/front lip and other visual mods on the inside, but i dont think those really help
oh also a short throw adapter.. but thats not really a mod either

Old 09-09-2002, 06:31 AM   #9
Dragracingaccord

Nice

Old 09-09-2002, 09:48 PM   #10
abc

Damn hicks with their "race" trucks.

Old 09-09-2002, 10:59 PM   #11
SVT Cobra

this is the saddest thread i have ever read from you guys....

you race trucks... and brag about it?

still looking for competetion?

let me finish eating my pizza.

Old 09-09-2002, 11:37 PM   #12
Civic

Hey there was dodge Dakota at the track this week runnin 12.1 And he evan took the wheat out of his teeth so he could concentrate on the tach.

Old 09-10-2002, 04:11 AM   #13
Spazum888
3rd Gear

why do people who dont have hondas post on here? i dont get it.... bunch of lamers

Girls are like internet domain names, the ones I like are already taken.
well, you can stil get one from a strange country :-P
Old 09-10-2002, 07:23 AM   #14
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by Spazum888
why do people who dont have hondas post on here? i dont get it.... bunch of lamers
Some of them are good guys. Then there's some that love to cause trouble.
Old 09-10-2002, 07:23 AM   #15
SVT Cobra

because i wanted to see why people try to make hondas fast. I myself still do not know why. the only thing that is lame is that your 17 second car gets beat by trucks.
the story sounds like a joke. i'm sure the guy in the truck was just ****in' around anyway. i know i like to make honda owners feel ashamed when they pull up next to me. people like you make me hate ricers.

Old 09-10-2002, 07:32 AM   #16
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by SVT Cobra
people like you make me hate ricers.
People like who? I know Civic's & Spazum888's comments were a bit outta line, but you should hate everyone because of a couple people.

Quote:
your 17 second car gets beat by trucks.

4thGen's car is definately not a 17 second car. Its not even that slow out of the box. Just because its a Honda doesn't make it slow.
Old 09-10-2002, 08:41 AM   #17
delsolvtec
Del Sol Forum Moderator

SVT, once again if you want to race a so called 17 second car then bring it. I drive a Del Sol (girl's car according to V8Killin) and would love to run an SVT.

I just added a few more mods to the car too..

Arias forged pistons
total seal xtreme gapless rings
greddy front mount intercooler
manual boost controller
apex vafc

Running 9psi on the turbo and I bet I'll give you a run for your $$$
Old 09-10-2002, 10:34 AM   #18
SVT Cobra

you're missing the point.

i don't care if you think your car is faster. if i wanted the fastest car i would have twin turboed my car or an LS1.

i am saying, why start from scratch? my car does 13.8 stock. that is pretty decent, especially for being a 96.
trying to make a honda fast is a trend that is dieing out. it is very corny and unoriginal. how many civics do you see with altezza's and coffee can exhaust, a day? at least 12 right? if you live in a more "ghetto" area, you will see near 30. And guess what, about 1 in every 200 is actually fast. the odds of me being on the same road, at the same time, going the same direction arent too good. 4 cylinder enthusiasts should just give up now. they will never put up the power and torque numbers without more displacement. you all have to rely on tearing your car apart to lighten the load then have a power adder just to make it in the 14's. it is very sad. a waste of money in my opinion. do you all really like the way your cars sound? it is awful. farts and bee swarms. i dunno about you fast and furious lovers. when are you gonna realize that putting turbo on a 4 cylinder engine is not impressive and will never be? it's not all about 1/4 mile times. it's how the car looks, sounds, and drives. american muscle will always be on top of jap crap.

Old 09-10-2002, 10:51 AM   #19
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
it's not all about 1/4 mile times. it's how the car looks, sounds, and drives. american muscle will always be on top of jap crap.
Well if you base it on looks, the sound & the driving enjoyment, I'd still take my car over most others out there. My car isn't a track beast. Probably never will be. But its fun to drive. As far as looks go, I'm pretty happy with the way it looks. My car doesn't sound like a swarm of killer bees or "farts" or even an F1 car. It has a nice deep tone.

Everyone like different things. I don't much care if you like the same things as me. I'm into cars. Not just imports.
Old 09-10-2002, 10:59 AM   #20
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
you're missing the point.

i don't care if you think your car is faster. if i wanted the fastest car i would have twin turboed my car or an LS1.

i am saying, why start from scratch? my car does 13.8 stock. that is pretty decent, especially for being a 96.
trying to make a honda fast is a trend that is dieing out. it is very corny and unoriginal. how many civics do you see with altezza's and coffee can exhaust, a day? at least 12 right? if you live in a more "ghetto" area, you will see near 30. And guess what, about 1 in every 200 is actually fast. the odds of me being on the same road, at the same time, going the same direction arent too good. 4 cylinder enthusiasts should just give up now. they will never put up the power and torque numbers without more displacement. you all have to rely on tearing your car apart to lighten the load then have a power adder just to make it in the 14's. it is very sad. a waste of money in my opinion. do you all really like the way your cars sound? it is awful. farts and bee swarms. i dunno about you fast and furious lovers. when are you gonna realize that putting turbo on a 4 cylinder engine is not impressive and will never be? it's not all about 1/4 mile times. it's how the car looks, sounds, and drives. american muscle will always be on top of jap crap.

you forget about reliability buddy. i'm not gonnna start bragging about my gas mileage. the car i drive is pretty comfy, enough passing speed, and i don't hear rattles from the car everythime i go over a bump, or panels vibrating at idle like most mustangs do. also i enjoy a $250/6 mos fully insured in my slow ass accord. the car is not in the dealer more than once year and that is usually is because i screw something up in it, not that it breaks down on it's own.

Old 09-10-2002, 11:21 AM   #21
SVT Cobra

yea... any car bone stock is reliable.
it depends how the driver treats it.
even with all my mods theres not a noise or any other problem.
that is a totally different arguement tho.
and if its like that.... u can get a warranty for ur 13 second bone stock car if u would like.
or u can get a honda, void the warranty, spend thousands, and have an unreliable, moderatley fast car.
ur choice.

FYI... if ur worried about insurance and gas prices, then racing cars isnt the hobby for you.

Old 09-10-2002, 11:23 AM   #22
mt.biker

north americans dont know what makes a good car. SVT Cobra you should really stop harping on us. I went out looking for the best by for 50k canadian when i finally sat down to buy a car, acura made the best car on the market hands down, more power, and features then any NA car.

If you want to get into looks, even the stangs look like shit. the only good ones are the 60's models. Jap crap as you call it leads the way compaired to NA cars. They keep pushing the limits to car design and a great balance between power/engine size.

Any one can make a big engine with alot of power, buts its ONLY HONDA that has the smallest most powerful engine on the market (s2k's motor). If you want to bash honda maybe you should just leave, or if you have this much time on your hands, go get a life!

people who just hate honda/acura owners because there are some people who rice civics (btw i dont like civics either) are ignorant fools. Honda/Acura makes some of the best cars on teh market for money. The people improving the proformance are doing it for the fun of it, its really to bad that there are some bad people out there but i know alot more "as*holes" driving NA cars then i do importants.

you are lacking alot of respect for the people on this board, i will ask you to stop showing your face around here unless you get a change in attitude. I like some NA cars as well but you dont see me bashing you because you drive a stang now do you? I personal think they might be fast but its a horrible FORD product. but im not holding that against you, i just think you have a small penis complex.

Old 09-10-2002, 11:56 AM   #23
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
and if its like that.... u can get a warranty for ur 13 second bone stock car if u would like.
or u can get a honda, void the warranty, spend thousands, and have an unreliable, moderatley fast car.
ur choice.

FYI... if ur worried about insurance and gas prices, then racing cars isnt the hobby for you.

And that 13 second car will cost alot more than most Hondas/Acuras. Modding a car is done for the fun of it. We do it because we enjoy doing it, regardless of whether it for show or go.

As for the last comment, I personally have high insurance on my Civic. I couldn't imagine what it'd be like on a car like a Mustang or Vette. .....if I could only go the speed limit:o
Old 09-11-2002, 12:39 AM   #24
delsolvtec
Del Sol Forum Moderator

Obviously SVT has been spanked by too many import cars. He has some kind of grudge against import enthusiasts.

And as for needing displacement to get horsepower. Please.. How do you explain 500-1000hp import cars running anywhere from 1.6 to 3.0 liter displacement? Thank you, next ignorant and uneducated comment please... MORON
Old 09-11-2002, 07:06 AM   #25
SVT Cobra

and how much does it cost to make a civic fast? lol and how much do you have to gut the car and take away the whole feel of a car? all u have is a lightened chassis, little engine, transmission, turbo and nitrous?
once again you missed the point. how many 500 hp hondas have you seen in person? i bet there are less than 300 in the usa. lol. it's not even a honda anymore when you guys are done with your cars. try and build a n/a car with balls.
like i said, throwing on turbo and nitrous isn't impressive. there's A LOT more american cars n/a that can run 10's. yeah, those 1.6's and 2.0's need a power adder because they are pathetic little engines. why bother with them? you have far more potential with a v8. plus "pimpin out" and "hookin up" imports is the corniest thing since kris kross. and no, i have never lost to some punk in a honda. i have raced del sol's, talon's, crx's and civics with turbo, even an RX-7. when are you guys gonna realize, 8 is better than 4? always has been, always will be.
you guys are the jealous ones on the tight budgets and just play the cards you're dealt. "i'm 16, time to pimp mom's civic" u ------.

Old 09-11-2002, 08:45 AM   #26
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:

...and how much does it cost to make a civic fast? lol and how much do you have to gut the car and take away the whole feel of a car? all u have is a lightened chassis, little engine, transmission, turbo and nitrous?
...plus "pimpin out" and "hookin up" imports is the corniest thing since kris kross. and no, i have never lost to some punk in a honda.
...when are you guys gonna realize, 8 is better than 4? always has been, always will be.
...you guys are the jealous ones on the tight budgets and just play the cards you're dealt. "i'm 16, time to pimp mom's civic" u queers.

What's your definition of 'fast'? Alot of cars are 'fast'. Faster than walking, riding a bike.......

Corny? You're entitled to your opinion. Its there car let them do what they want. Everyone has different tastes.

Eight is better than four? What kind of argument is that? Its does take less to make a SVT Stang run the low numbers. Considering you spend $33k on one, I'd hope its 'fast'.

Comparing Mustangs & Civics is the same as comparing apples to potatoes. They're not even close. The Stang was designed to be a sports car while the Civic was desgined to be an ecomony car.
Old 09-12-2002, 12:28 AM   #27
delsolvtec
Del Sol Forum Moderator

It's all about the pride of taking a car that wasn't all that fast and making it fast as apposed to buying a fast car. I mean starting with a 300hp V8 and bolting parts on is a lot easier then starting with a 125hp honda and adding tons of stuff to make it drive like you want it to.

Get a life and go to the tampon board. I always said "mustangs are like tampons, every pussy has to have one" and I will stand by that saying.

So go drive around proud with the speed you paid for, I'll drive around with the speed that I busted my knuckles to create. See the difference yet?

I find it funny that when I saw Detroit vs. The Imports, that most of the winners were driving import cars. Just a bad day for the muscle car guys? I think not. Why do you think the NHRA is sanctioning import drag races now? It's because imports are where it's at.

If you want import hot rodding to stop then I suggest you buy the NHRA and run imports out of the scene yourself. Otherwise shut your clam and get off the honda boards.

Why is it that you prowl a honda board anyway? Again you must be jealous that we drive hondas and you are stuck in a F*cked Over Rebuilt Dodge, or Fix Or Repair Daily... or better yet.. Found On Road Dead!!

Get a life and go back to hang with your bandana wearing, bad boy club sticker, flowmaster running queens on the mustang forums.
Old 09-12-2002, 12:30 AM   #28
delsolvtec
Del Sol Forum Moderator

oh and thank you for inspiring my new license plates.. I'm ordering them tomorrow.

STNGTSR

and since you are a moron, I'll translate that for ya..

Stang Teaser!!

Enjoy the view of my tail lights.
Old 09-12-2002, 04:57 AM   #29
78 monte

Hey PonyBoy whats the prob???? Incase you wern't informed racing isn't cubic inches its cubic dollars.Anything will go fast for enough money.Who cares anyway if they like there imports let um have um.I personally wouldn't want one but thats why I don't have one.Your complaining about these guys hen they haven't done nothing to you.

Now as far as the guys saying mustangs and sutch are so expensive that isn't nessarily true.I've got a Monte built out of allot of used "junk yard" parts and a few after market stuff.It'll run 13.9 and it only cost around $2500.

Now I seen it mentioned somewere a comment saying something like"I'm 16 let me pimp out mom's car.Well PonyBoy If there doin there own work whats the *****???And making do with what they have well allot of guys make do with what they have.If mommy footed the bill for me I'd have a way better setup than I got but I hold my head in pride cause I built what I got.

Also you gotta respect some of these motors I personally hate the way they sound but to each his own.Some of them are putting out #s exceeding some of the old 1970s 302fords and 262 and 305 chevs.Some evan exceed the HP of 70s 350s.

All in all I'll stick to my Chevys.I may never understand import inthusiasts but I don't understand the Ford and Mopar camps either.Also its been excepted that Farrari and Lamborgini are fast are they from Detroit???

My only complaint about imorts is that the money spent or them is going to a foriuegn land wether produced here or not.

Old 09-12-2002, 05:17 AM   #30
78 monte

Now on the other hand.When some moron ricer who doesn't do his own work who can't resect others cars runs his mouth or someother moronic thing he deserves a good @ss kickin(not racing either).But thats indevidual people not the import seen.Now I'll say a good # of the imports around here are mouthy teenage idiots,but some are respectful guys too.
And imports are probably allot like NHRA super stocks.Expanding on limitations to see if it can be done.Ever seen a 2bbl 8.5:1 305 smogger pull a 12.4???

Old 09-12-2002, 11:47 AM   #31
delsolvtec
Del Sol Forum Moderator

Thank you 78 Monte for having an open mind. Not many Muscle car enthusiasts do. I said in another post that Imports aren't my only hobby. I also own a 65 GTO. I love that car more then my Honda but it seems my honda is a better option to work on considering the GTO is a collectors item.

And for the record, no mechanic or import shop has ever laid their hands on my car. All work has been performed in my garage or by me at my Uncle's shop.
Old 09-12-2002, 11:54 AM   #32
SVT Cobra

"The Stang was designed to be a sports car while the Civic was desgined to be an ecomony car."

You said it yourself, so let's keep it that way.

Monte is right, i think i do hate them cuz of the dorky kids that drive them. i was being nice at first but after i saw a post on another civic forum saying "killed a supercharged rustang."

most of these kids have no respect for american muscle and think a cold air intake and exhaust = 12's.

Old 09-12-2002, 12:16 PM   #33
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
"The Stang was designed to be a sports car while the Civic was desgined to be an ecomony car."

Doesn't mean they can't be made to run fast though.
Quote:
most of these kids have no respect for american muscle and think a cold air intake and exhaust = 12's.

Yeah its sad. Lack of education can make people look ignorant.
Old 09-12-2002, 01:56 PM   #34
delsolvtec
Del Sol Forum Moderator

A civic was designed to be an economy car. That is what makes it fun to build a true sports car out of them. You are taking something that was intended for good gas mileage and getting great horsepower, acceleration and handling out of it. I love that test where they ran a B18 Vtec powered lotus elise against a mustang cobra R in a ton of different tests. The lotus came out on top overall. What does that say about american muscle and displacement?
Old 09-12-2002, 02:38 PM   #35
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by delsolvtec
I love that test where they ran a B18 Vtec powered lotus elise against a mustang cobra R in a ton of different tests.

in translation for our non honda drivers 1.8l vtec

Old 09-12-2002, 08:43 PM   #36
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

wow... i dont check this for a few days and look what happened. if you read this correctly, i rave him a 2 second head start,a nd normaly i wouldnt have waited my time, but when he throws a comment like your slow 4 banger cant beat my 6 cyl truck. and i know i can walk him, why am i gonna back down? my car also isnt a "sports car" its a "sports coupe" i can toss it around in turns nicely, and running mid 14's isnt bad for a 3000lb 4 cyl.i know i wont be as fast a a cobra... i'd hope not, i'd feel bad for you if i was. you pay extra for the dealer optional performance package on your car and i beat you with my 4 cyl with basic bolt ons. but show some intelegence and at least see that a honda engine designed to pe a performance engine, thats been lightly externaly modified can hold its own on the street. ive beaten plenty of domestics before, never a cobra, never raced one. dont think i'll beat it, but i wouldnt back down from a roll(to keep things KINDA fair). the new technology in DOHC motors is great, you can have a huge range of adjustability for your intake and exaust valve sides and tuning a low tq engine to run respectable mid-low 14's on a fwd layout you cant honestly say you dont give the slightest credit? im not downing the push rod motors, they have awsome tq, lack upper end a little (mildy stock early-mid 90's gt's do at least) and ive seen a few blocks that have blown holes in them from tuning. my friends 2001 v6 mustang has only given him problems, and he's the only one i personaly know with a domestic that actualy "drives" it. getting a mustang to run 12's isnt too difficult, getting a preldue to run 13's is. i wake up each morning, look at my car and smile, because its mine, i love the styling and i love the driving experience i get from it. it sounds like you enjoy yours too, and if you do, thats all that matters. i dont see why you have to come here and hate on me because i had fun with a truck, and i beat a rsx type-s i could tell you about the turbo'd DSM i beat 5 montsh ago pushing 15psi, or the turbo'd DSM i raced wensday night and i took him from 50-75 then he got me from 75-90 but its all irrelevent because ignorance is bliss

Old 09-12-2002, 09:00 PM   #37
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

another thing, have you seen the amount of domestic rice lately? ive seen more mustangs, caviliers, camaros, f150's focuses and such with altezzas and chrome wheels, "fart cans", and stuff like that. i think the domestic market is starting to take over. if you wana pick a fair fight, go talk shit to supra, rx7, 300zx and 3000gt owners. they will HAND YOU your ass. they can be made 9 second cars on a stock bottom end, street driven. you are taking your sports car and compairing it to economy imports, and in my case a sports coupe. a stock supra tt will do mid 13's. for 50 bucks it can do 12's, for 1000 it can run mid 12's, 300zx's will walk all over you top end. domestics can accelerate from a stop, but they have many weak points. i dont hate you our your car, i have alot of respect for anyone who actulay is into the tuning aspect of a car. a z06 is one of my realistic dream cars, and yes, its america. im not honda loyal as some people here are. i look at engine specs, performance, how the car drives, the looks, and i picked my prelude that way. i test drove a 95 gt mustang, and i wasnt impressed. i test drove a 93 z28, and was a little more impressed but it was hidious IMO, everyones got an opinion, lets try and stick to numbers, power to weight ratios, and classes, keep the argument fair. find me a domestc sports coupe that will beat me... i found 4 import sports cars that will beat your.

Old 09-17-2002, 03:48 PM   #38
fastasfoggy

Quote:

Monte is right, i think i do hate them cuz of the dorky kids that drive them. i was being nice at first but after i saw a post on another civic forum saying "killed a supercharged rustang."

svt is right lets all sell our cars and buy mustangs...im just so glad he came here to share...i feel like ive grown since i read his last post, please tell me where i can shake your hand......our maybe your mom could buy us mustangs and pay for our insurance so we could spend all our time annoying people on the computer? i like that idea...you and your boyfriend v8kill need to stick with the catholic boy chatrooms....

Old 09-17-2002, 04:20 PM   #39
SVT Cobra

Quote:
Originally posted by fastasfoggy

maybe your mom could buy us mustangs and pay for our insurance

i wish.
there you guys go again with stupid come backs when i never said anything but facts to you. you're the one who needs a life.

Old 09-17-2002, 04:48 PM   #40
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by fastasfoggy
svt is right lets all sell our cars and buy mustangs...im just so glad he came here to share...i feel like ive grown since i read his last post, please tell me where i can shake your hand......our maybe your mom could buy us mustangs and pay for our insurance so we could spend all our time annoying people on the computer? i like that idea...you and your boyfriend v8kill need to stick with the catholic boy chatrooms....
Seriously. I already PM'd you about the last comment I had to edit.

I don't mind if you guys DEBATE things. But outright name calling and bashing is not going to be tolerated.

Stop with the personal attacks.
Closed Thread