Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2002, 07:19 AM   #41
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by abc
I've never seen a Turbo neon... And i've never seen a turbo civic..

Dont get out much huh.. *just playin*

Ive seen turbo neons and civics. Both can be very quick if they are setup right.

As for a stock Civic vs. a stock neon. Depending on the model of the neon and the driver a neon could easily take a civic. Stock civics are slow.

2001 Neon R/T:
Horsepower (hp @ rpm): 150 @ 6500
Torque (lb-feet @ rpm): 135 @ 4400
0 - 60 Acceleration (sec): 7.6
1/4 Mile (sec @ mph): 15.8

1995 Neon Sport:
Horsepower: 150 hp
Torque: 131 ft-lbs.
Weight: 2448 lbs.
Acceleration (0-60 mph): 7.9sec

Honda Civic EX:
Horsepower: 127 hp
Torque: 107 ft-lbs.
Acceleration (0-60 mph): 9.5 sec.
Weight: 2513 lbs

In no way am I saying I prefer a Neon over a civic. But its very possible that a stock civic will lose to a stock Neon.
Old 09-18-2002, 07:24 AM   #42
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by abc
And always remember his car is a ugly ass compact family sedan.

you do not be dissing my favorite muscle car jfwy. :o

Old 09-18-2002, 01:57 PM   #43
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

mid to high 8's should be about mid 13's in the 1/4 a 9.0 1/4 would be about 14.0 13.9

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
Old 09-19-2002, 04:17 PM   #44
abc

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing Rice

Dont get out much huh.. *just playin*
I don't know whats with people around here, they *TRY* to make their car look fast, but I would say 99.9% of the time the're not. I've did some of my learning how to drive on a stock civic (1994 Sedan don't remember trim level) Fairly new at the time, And the rest on my mom's prix. Out of the two I would take the civic, the prix was damn ugly, and altought more power then the civic. But neither one of them even compare to my Z28.

Old 09-19-2002, 10:55 PM   #45
fastasfoggy

Quote:
Originally posted by abc

I don't know whats with people around here, they *TRY* to make their car look fast, but I would say 99.9% of the time the're not. I've did some of my learning how to drive on a stock civic (1994 Sedan don't remember trim level) Fairly new at the time, And the rest on my mom's prix. Out of the two I would take the civic, the prix was damn ugly, and altought more power then the civic. But neither one of them even compare to my Z28.

thats interesting tell me more

Old 09-19-2002, 11:02 PM   #46
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by fastasfoggy

are you gonna start bashing him now ? his car is pretty nice andhe can beat a civic with 2 k in engine mods. the car has some potential, even if it does not look as good (personal oppinion)

Old 09-20-2002, 07:46 AM   #47
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by abc
Out of the two I would take the civic, the prix was damn ugly, and altought more power then the civic. But neither one of them even compare to my Z28.

Yeah, civics are great cars to drive, but not always a whole lot of fun. Z's (or most V8 sports cars) for that matter have this enormous fun rating to them.

I used to drive my friends GTA all the time because it wasnt running right. It would stall out and stuff, so he hated it. But when it did run.. What a blast.. You just cant slide a FWD car sideways done the street just by mashing the gas..
Old 09-20-2002, 09:13 AM   #48
abc

Quote:
Originally posted by fastasfoggy

Well Lets not guess here maybe he isn't trying to diss my car, maybe he really wants to know more... Well first off my car even tough hp rating is a bit low, (compared to other cars today)..

Horsepower: 275 hp @ 5000 rpm
Torque: 325 ft-lbs @ 2000 rpm

This car has LOTS of very low end torque.

Some car makers go for hp and hp:litre. and some go for low end torque, both have their upsides. low end torque helps over come drag when accelerating and getting weight moving, (where it's need most). but poor gasmilage. higher hp from less litre, first off helps sell cars, alot of hp and good gas milage. Accelerating usly isn't as good depending on the weight of the car. and after the weight gets moving it can get to higher speed.

I'm sure if you look into this you can find out me...

Anything wrong? correct me.

Old 09-20-2002, 09:16 AM   #49
crxb16hybrid

Lucky 13

Yeah but you can do donuts in reverse .......Now thats fun....Besides how many V8 are there that you can stand on it threw a corner and not even slide.....V8s can be fun for somthings but imports can be just as fun when your runnig 60 to 70 mph threw turns on a mountain....Thats like I love to go mudding in my freinds jeep but I wouldnt bash a import cause of the fact I cant take my ride threw the mud......So the argument can swing both ways and both cars have there beniffets weateher it be fish tailing threw a turn or pulling a few gs threw a cornner.....Its all good I love them both ...

TY

Old 09-20-2002, 09:35 AM   #50
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Re: Lucky 13

Quote:
Originally posted by crxb16hybrid
...So the argument can swing both ways and both cars have there beniffets weateher it be fish tailing threw a turn or pulling a few gs threw a cornner.....Its all good I love them both ...

TY

Your right both have thier pluses. I guess Im just tired of the 4 cylinder power that the civic puts out. I want something with some torque! Itd probably help a little if I T/Ced or S/Ced my car, but I just cant see putting $5K in my civic to make it kinda fast. Thats just me tho. I love the way it handles, but the lowend sucks!
Old 09-20-2002, 09:41 AM   #51
crxb16hybrid

True ....I would love to build a big block but then again I dont want to dump 5 to 10 k only to be replacing somthing else the next week....If I win the lottery then watch out ill build be a top fuel car...haha

Old 09-20-2002, 09:42 AM   #52
abc

Re: Lucky 13

Quote:
Besides how many V8 are there that you can stand on it threw a corner and not even slide..

Alot of them can... Handling has to do alot more then weight... A corvette for example can out handle a civic, and alot of other imports. Just using these as example I know it's not fair to compare them. And my car can out handle a civic too. Not sure what else havn't really looked into. and I havn't drove too many imports.

Old 09-20-2002, 09:43 AM   #53
abc

Quote:
True ....I would love to build a big block but then again I dont want to dump 5 to 10 k only to be replacing somthing else the next week....If I win the lottery then watch out ill build be a top fuel car...haha
hmm. What are you gona put a big block in? (Big block over 400 cid right?)

Old 09-20-2002, 10:23 AM   #54
crxb16hybrid

You got me there Im not much on motors when it comes to V8s But Ive always wanted to build a street rod with a big block....The only car I have ever owned that was a V8 was a 1964 impala ss with the 327 in it .....Now when the time comes I will do my research and decide on weather to build a big block or small block........Most kids I know that run V8s always tell me to build a big block if im gonna do it ....Who knows I might not even go that road next I might go ahead and build a nice rotary rocket....Dont know till I come to that fork....Right now my main priority is finishing my import......

Old 09-20-2002, 10:55 AM   #55
fastasfoggy

i was just teasing abc...and one of the best handling cars is the bmw m3..rwd mind you...usually cars you can just stand on the throttle and turn isnt really racing...just standing on it sounds like it doenst take skill...m3 yum

Old 09-20-2002, 11:02 AM   #56
abc

I've never drove a BMW, m3s are sweet, but cost way too much.

Old 09-20-2002, 11:04 AM   #57
crxb16hybrid

Okay double clutching and down shiffting what ever it takes to make it sound like driving for you...lol my point being is MOST not all rear wheel drive cars cant get on it coming threw turns ....Im not trying to talk about what kind of skill is needed to drive in corners....Im just saying if you take a z28 for example and come into a cornner and punch it coming out your car most likely is gonna brake loose and youll end up spinnig around ....Just my personal exsperience...

TY

Old 09-20-2002, 12:53 PM   #58
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
....Just my personal exsperience...

TY

Did you read the article back several months ago when SCC did the course test on the Mustang GT and the Integra TypeR? The mustang beat the TypeR in the little less curvey course, but the Type R won on the more curvey track (barely.)

Check the article out. Its called Unlikely Contenders II.

http://www.itr1220.com/library.htm
Old 09-20-2002, 12:59 PM   #59
crxb16hybrid

Quote:
my point being is MOST not all rear wheel drive cars cant get on it coming threw turns ....
TY
I read that article but like I said MOST NOT ALL V8S....

Old 09-20-2002, 01:01 PM   #60
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:

I read that article but like I said MOST NOT ALL V8S....

I know, I just thought it was a good article for the current discussion..
Old 09-20-2002, 01:11 PM   #61
abc

I was thinking of getting a 94 or so Integra (not Type-R) more so as a winter car, and winter car when gas milage matters, like when the weather gets hot, and gas prices sky rocket. I live in NY so for the most part it don't get too hot. and Gas prices are usly stable, but not always at times i've seen upper $1.70s (93 octane) Any one know the min. octane rating for the GS-R? and how much boost can they handle stock?

Old 09-20-2002, 01:12 PM   #62
crxb16hybrid

OH I know Im not tryin to be a dick or anything Im just saying that most rear wheel drive cars tend to loose it when coming out of the corners....I used to drive an 90 somthing mustang 5.0 my moms owned and every time I would come out of the corners I would loose it and it was an automattic .....I dont know I gess im just a crappy driver when it comes to rear whell cars...lmao

Old 09-20-2002, 01:14 PM   #63
abc

Yeah ford just sucks.

Old 09-20-2002, 01:17 PM   #64
crxb16hybrid

I definetlly agree on that Im more of a chevy kinda guy when it comes to Domestics.....

FORD=

CHEVY=

Old 09-20-2002, 01:21 PM   #65
abc

Yeah I would rather push my chevy, then drive a ford.

Old 09-20-2002, 01:25 PM   #66
crxb16hybrid

I would rather push my K swiss than drive a ford.....

Old 09-20-2002, 02:10 PM   #67
fastasfoggy

i think i know what you mean crx...a friend of my brothers had a couple chevys that he bored out and all that...since i was driving an mr2 at the time i said just for fun...how does it handle? he just laughed and said if he turned to fast hed just spin around....

ford has made one of the best racer sports car of the century too..gt40? but thats just imo.

Old 09-20-2002, 02:11 PM   #68
fastasfoggy

and that same kids dad had a grand sport corvette that im guessing could handle hehe

Old 09-20-2002, 02:27 PM   #69
abc

yeah corvette handles good, but the car is over 53,000.. You get what you pay for. And also has the Z-51 package (Z06? option? dunno) and active handling. and lower ride hight then most cars.

Old 09-21-2002, 10:47 AM   #70
crxb16hybrid

No matter what I still love my go cart of a honda....Its fun as hell to drive...

Old 09-21-2002, 02:50 PM   #71
abc

I've drove a civic befor, I don't see what is so fun about it. Seemed like a basic compact car that my grandmother would drive. Altought my grandmother don't drive, i've seen people around her age drivin' one befor.

Old 09-22-2002, 10:57 AM   #72
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by abc
I've drove a civic befor, I don't see what is so fun about it. Seemed like a basic compact car that my grandmother would drive. Altought my grandmother don't drive, i've seen people around her age drivin' one befor.
Well they are economy cars. What model/year did you drive?
Old 09-22-2002, 11:18 AM   #73
abc

Yeah I understand their economy cars. Great gas milage and fairly cheap. But I hear in the TV, Radio and honda's site. "The fun to drive Civic", sence when are encomy cars "fun!" to drive? I rejoy drivin' but how is the civic set ahead of any other car in it's class, or any other for that matter..

The latest one I drove was a 1998 1.6 Single cam, single cam profile. sedan, I don't remember trim level.

Old 09-22-2002, 11:30 AM   #74
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

I love driving my Civic. While the LX/DX models are all that perky, the Si is. I had an EX prior to this. This car is alot more fun to drive.

Guess its just all in preferences.......
Old 09-22-2002, 11:35 AM   #75
abc

Is it a high-rev engine?

Old 09-22-2002, 11:47 AM   #76
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by abc
Is it a high-rev engine?
Well 8200RPM is the redline...... Is that considered high?
Old 09-22-2002, 12:00 PM   #77
abc

Yeah I would call anything that peaks HP over 7 grand high. 6 & 5 grand mid and anything lower is low-rev and I would guess only in a truck/SUV.

Old 09-24-2002, 12:29 PM   #78
boostedrs97

Hey!!! Wait a minute!!! I have the same powerplant as that neon, does that make me a neon? If so, then I guess I am a Mitsubishi Neon Eclipse RS-T?

Old 09-24-2002, 12:52 PM   #79
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by boostedrs97
Hey!!! Wait a minute!!! I have the same powerplant as that neon, does that make me a neon? If so, then I guess I am a Mitsubishi Neon Eclipse RS-T?

Hell of a car name. Trust me your car looks WAAAY better than a Neon ever could.
Old 09-24-2002, 12:55 PM   #80
boostedrs97

Thanks dood, I appreciate it.

Closed Thread