Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2002, 08:12 PM   #1
69 HEMI CHARGER

357th Honda Kill................

Sorry guys.....but i have to put this on here......I killed a 01 Honda Civic who thoght he was the $h*t......so i put him in his place with a 69 Charger 426 HEMI...........I let him have a head start and then caught up to him like it was nothin......sorry but ya need more than a 4 or 6 bannger to keep up with the big boys of REAL AMERICAN MUSCLE!

Old 07-18-2002, 08:36 PM   #2
mt.biker

no need to drop to his leave, there is some good american muscle out there but the design isnt there for the newer models.
nice ride you have but North american cars these days are shit.
btw your car still doesn't handle well in turns/

Old 07-18-2002, 08:41 PM   #3
69 HEMI CHARGER

I dont need handling......my car is a strict go strait car..........(which means i drag race only)

Old 07-18-2002, 11:44 PM   #4
NCSTYLE

WOW man congrates on busting a civic, you must have totally felt sweet after the race. Every civic owner knows where not ment to keep up with REAL AMERICAN MUSCLE. and your an idiot to think we can.

Old 07-19-2002, 02:04 AM   #5
AzCivic

What will turn more heads or make more people say WOW. an American muscle car that stock is already fast and powerful beating 4 bangers, Or a civic that puts those american muscle cars to shame. Don't get me wrong I'd love to have an american classic like yours but when my car is done, its sure gonna be fun to see the looks on peoples faces when i spank my friends camaro Z28. Please NCSTYLE no name calling. We are all brothers in the family of speed!

Last edited by AzCivic : 07-19-2002 at 02:29 AM.
Old 07-19-2002, 07:26 AM   #6
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Hmmm..
Not really even a race was it?
Got any pics of your car 69 HEMI CHARGER?

Keep it clean guys..........
Old 07-19-2002, 11:28 AM   #7
blownteggy

i would hardly call beating a 01 civic a race but that guy in the civic should've known better than to mess with you.
BTW, my dad used have a 1970 challenger r/t with the 440 big block.

Old 07-19-2002, 12:04 PM   #8
ShEaNy

lol wow u beat..a stock civic?..congrates..now go pick on a viper.... ....or go check out a video of a neon killing a viper!! wow I4's must really suck... i got the vid if u'd like it...
sorry...i couldn't resist .. no beef.... just facts....
Old 07-19-2002, 12:22 PM   #9
ricer

I think what HEMI is trying to say is that alot of civics and neons think they are so fast, just cause they have clear tail lights and stickers all over their car. And don't forget the huge spoilers. I hate it when those guys do that. It gives us a bad name. I mean, our cars are FRONT WHEEL DRIVE! SPOILERS ARE TO GIVE THE REAR WHEELS TRACTION! I also hate talkin with fellow owners and they don't even know what the duration on a camshaft is. The only reply I get is "Uhh K+N.........um...V-Tec" Who can name the duration @0.50 of a stock 1.5 cam? Anyone? Thats what I thought. And who here has actually rebuilt their engine? Everybody just bolts crap on like platnium spark plugs, big exhaust tips that sound like farts and stupid looking wipers. And they think this makes their car fast?! Thats no fun. Thats why I'm considering dumping my ride and gettin a 69 GTO that I found. I could sell my car, buy the GTO and still have money left over to buy a half ton to haul my sled. There are so many Civics out there its making me sick anyway. And I don't tlike being labeled. Besides, that GTO is gonna haul ass! It's got a 455 with the Ram Air IV package. And it will make some heads turn more than my four pod. I love the sound of bigblocks. And they are alot cheaper to build. I could build up three V8's and still spend more money on my 4 pod trying to get the same power. Theres no replacement for displacement.

Old 07-19-2002, 12:30 PM   #10
ShEaNy

cept 20 psi of boost... ya ur right....good luck on ur gas money....with the V8's....thats one good thing about I4's...
Old 07-19-2002, 12:42 PM   #11
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Ricer,
That's all well and good, but some of us still like to drive places without filling up several times. I'm not bashing either side(domestic or import), each has their benefits. To each their own. Heck I know my car isn't that fast, but its fun to drive.

Once again fellas, keep it clean. I can see this post getting locked pretty soon........
Old 07-19-2002, 01:19 PM   #12
Violent Apathy

Egh try living in Phoenix, nothing but pure rice. rare is the time you'll actually see an import modified for actual performance, it's all 6-inch exhaust tips, aluminum wings, cars lowered way too much, and altezzas....:o :o

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." - Hunter S. Thompson, 1937-2005
Old 07-19-2002, 01:42 PM   #13
DaBomb

Yo Dude, I'm impressed that you beat a mighty civic in a race...

Got a question for ya though, where'd ya get a M-22 for a hemi??? Isn't that a GM transmission????? Must of been one of them "special" hemi cars that we never heard about.

And whats up with them valve sizes??? Stock is 2.25 intake and 1.94 and your oversize? Try 2.40 and 2.08... If your gonna be a "poser" at least get the facts straight on the car you've selected.

Old 07-19-2002, 03:05 PM   #14
blownteggy

i think i smell something.....

Old 07-19-2002, 05:30 PM   #15
AzCivic

Quote:
Originally posted by ricer
I think what HEMI is trying to say is that alot of civics and neons think they are so fast, just cause they have clear tail lights and stickers all over their car. And don't forget the huge spoilers. I hate it when those guys do that. It gives us a bad name. I mean, our cars are FRONT WHEEL DRIVE! SPOILERS ARE TO GIVE THE REAR WHEELS TRACTION! I also hate talkin with fellow owners and they don't even know what the duration on a camshaft is. The only reply I get is "Uhh K+N.........um...V-Tec" Who can name the duration @0.50 of a stock 1.5 cam? Anyone? Thats what I thought. And who here has actually rebuilt their engine? Everybody just bolts crap on like platnium spark plugs, big exhaust tips that sound like farts and stupid looking wipers. And they think this makes their car fast?! Thats no fun. Thats why I'm considering dumping my ride and gettin a 69 GTO that I found. I could sell my car, buy the GTO and still have money left over to buy a half ton to haul my sled. There are so many Civics out there its making me sick anyway. And I don't tlike being labeled. Besides, that GTO is gonna haul ass! It's got a 455 with the Ram Air IV package. And it will make some heads turn more than my four pod. I love the sound of bigblocks. And they are alot cheaper to build. I could build up three V8's and still spend more money on my 4 pod trying to get the same power. Theres no replacement for displacement.

Go for it! But would that'd be your daily driver??? Not to practical. Anyhow I don't think anyone with any kind of common sense would put on wiper or a wing and think they're faster. Its all for looks and show. Not that i have any of that stuff on my car or anything. But i must admit the GTO is a sweet car, but I'll wait till I pay off my car and get it up to snuff before I'll go buy a muscle car for a nice weekend car. Oh and how much does that car cost in a somewhat restored shape... I just looked it up about 15000-20000$. Not too cheap but maybe you found a great deal. No matter what car you drive you are gonna be labeled, I mean what the label with old muscle cars??? Redneck, I know thats not what everyone who drives one is, but its the general label, and in alot of cases it fits To answer your queston on duration with my motor I don't know nor do I care but if you are wondering about the B18c(my future motor) http://asian_e.tripod.com/Honda_Engine_Specs.htm

And how much would it cost you to get about 95hp per liter out of that 455???
Old 07-19-2002, 07:13 PM   #16
ricer

I would get a half ton to be my daily driver. then I could haul my sled around as well. but why wouldn't it be a daily driver. In highschool I drove a 1973 Omega. It had a 350 big block and got 12 MPG. But it was fun to drive! It was the fastest car in school, next to a Dart with a 360, and still holds second place in parking lot burnouts...from five years ago! And the GTO I found is $6000. some old farmer has it. He's been hanging onto it forever and has just decided to sell it. the engine was tore down and resealed two years ago and the car hasn't moved since. It needs new quarter panels and paint a job. but thats okay cause I love working on my cars. Actually, this (if i buy it) will be the third car I've painted. And I live in Saskatchewan, so its not as pricey up here. For 20K, I could buy a judge and a parts car to go with it. And you would be surprised how many stock, imports, with huge spoilers, huge fart tips and stickers try to race my dads camaro on the weekends. It's ridiculus!! I just laugh at them. That is whats got me thinkin about ditchin my ride. I bought hte thing to comute back and forth from the city with, but its getting on my nerves. And thats to bad that you don't know anything about your engine, except how much HP the sticker says. cause what happens when it breaks down? how are gonna know how to fix it if you don't know anything about it? my friends and I laugh at people like that. They're bench racers. They don't know anything except how to shift gears. I can still list the specs of that bb I had in high school. especially with the jackasses that I see trying to race everything under the sun because they just rinsed out their K+N. I don't know how much it would cost to get 95 hp per liter, but you have hardly and liters in that engine to begin with! So just because you get 95 hp per liter, doesn't make it fast When it comes down to it, I can build a 406, with AFR heads, a high energy cam, performer RPM intake, 10:1 comp, and a 750 DP holley produce 512 hp and over 600 llbs-ft of torque; all for roughly $5000. Now let me ask you this. How much is that engine you want to buy, and would that 95 hp per liter beat my 406 in a 1/4 race? I don't think so. You can check the specs at www.airflowresearch.com This is what I mean when I see guys and their civics thinkin they are all fast, but the truth is that they are barely breakin the 14's in the quater, and are in huge debt because of it. Then they start yellin See you at the gas station! Come to think of it, that is the only thing they yell. guess its the only thing they can think of. But then you gotta think, the money they've spent on their spoilers and mods, I 've spent at the pump. It all evens out. Actually, in a year, I've probably spent less. And if you are gonna label me as a redneck, IF I buy that goat, then fine. But remember this. This redneck will have know more about cars than you, and will have a faster car than you. I think I just comvinced myself to get rid of the 4 pod. Thanks!

Old 07-19-2002, 09:08 PM   #17
AzCivic

First off the only reason you know crap about cars is because your daddy has a nice little camaro and I'm sure he's taught you about everything you know. For me I have to do it on my own and what I do know will keep me getting ripped off at the garage or allow me to do most of the work myself. I sure hope my engine doesn't break down because I don't know its duration if I only knew that all my problems would be solved. If my engine does go bad before I swap it all the specs i need to know are in a book sitting behind me, plus if it does go(which it won't cause i take very good care of it) it'll give me a real good reason to swap it out early. As for how much is that engine I want its 3k, then add a supercharger or turbo thats another 3k and that'll be an import running low 13's just like most muscle cars. I know a V-8 has more potential its all about how much fuel and air can you cram into an engine and 8 cylinders can hold more than 4 or 6. But don't think you have to have those 8 cylinders to be fast. I'm not going to lie, to make a civic get into the 12's and faster you'll more than likely have to rebuild the engine which can get pricey maybe an additional 2k. But that Civic will run with about any thing out there. Or i could put a prelude engine in my car and run 13's N/A throw some nitrous then all of a sudden low 12's, which would cost about 3500 all together. Oh and i wasn't calling you a F'g redneck i just said thats the label with those cars, just like low riders are labeled as being gangsters or BMW drivers being labeled as white yuppies, its society not me. Have fun in your straight line car don't turn the wheel too hard, leave that too a civic.
Old 07-19-2002, 10:08 PM   #18
ricer

A nice LITTLE camaro? Take a look at your car. It's smaller than a camaro. And it's front wheel drive. I'd like to see you keep a camaro straight coming outta the hole! let alone actually get moving down the track. With front wheel drive, just pop the the clutch and point straight. Launching a rear wheel drive car if tougher than it looks. Why you gettin so pissed? Relax man. We just have a difference of opinion. No need to argue.

PS the camaro is mine. as well as building my own engine, I have also lowered it, and can probably out corner your civic. now don't get mad. what have you done to your suspension? then i'll tell you if I can out corner you. and don't give me that crap "just because its a civic" Lets be serious. what have you done to your car?

Old 07-19-2002, 10:32 PM   #19
AzCivic

Umm read under my post and it'll tell you what I've done. Yeah a camaro is longer wider and heavier but get inside and you have about as much room as a civic(assuming your talking about a newer camaro) and when i said little i wasn't talking literally any way. I've driven plenty of RWD cars and i know what its like to launch one. I'm wasn't really "pissed" until you were saying i don't know about my car or cars in general. To clear things up I'm not a hard core import fan, I bought my car before I knew much about cars thinking that my insurance will be low( I was 19 and single) and that it was reliable which it was. But then i got into fixing it up and it turns out you can make them as fast as most muscle cars. I know how camaro's (again newer one's) handle, in fact a friend of mine has a 98 z28 and we went to a long stretch of windy road and i followed. Well lets say he couldn't pull away in any turn. Staights of course were different. Don't worry about me getting "pissed", I know this is just a difference in opinion thing, its kinda fun arguing about car stuff, in the process you learn and maybe look dumb but its all good in the end.
Old 07-19-2002, 11:31 PM   #20
blownteggy

settle down now class. this argument will never be won!!!!

Old 07-20-2002, 12:14 AM   #21
AzCivic

true true, but it helps pass the time.
Old 07-20-2002, 04:21 PM   #22
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

I think this topic is done.

Kinda figured flaming would begin shortly......
Old 07-20-2002, 07:59 PM   #23
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

i dont think you've ever launched a FWD car, its not a pop the clutch and go thing. you have wheel hop, axles breaking, too much spin... tons of things to worry about besides just pop and go. oh, i love classic muscle dont get me wrong. my dream is a 67 vette, black.. 427.. the limited edition ones. i think that was the year at least. maybe it was 66

*edit in* i didnt realize this post was closed... sorry

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
Closed Thread