Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2002, 08:18 PM   #1
Grip72

Killed a neon fruit

hahaha...i just frickin smoked a dodge neon. It was probably at least a 1995 (they all look the ugly same to me)
Anyways, i friggin hate neons. I just went to the car wash like 30mins ago and on my way home (when my ride was all sleek) a guy in a black neon ex or something pulled up to me at a red light and started revving. SO i looked to him and a couple seconds later, the light turned green. god i smoked him right off of the bat. Just revved first gear to about 5000 rpm (redline is about 6200rpm) and shifted into 2nd and quickly to third. I left him in my dust. Then came another light and he pulled behind me cuz he didn't want to race and lose again. anyways, the road narrowed to one lane and he was now beside me, unfortunately i had to go switch lanes cuz my lane merged..then he did the racer wannabe flybly..hahaha..stupid neons..die die die
Old 07-12-2002, 08:28 PM   #2
AzCivic

Good job, stupid neons don't they know they cant mess with Honda power? Well now one more does!
Old 07-13-2002, 12:21 AM   #3
Wren57

Haha you killed another neon too? Good job! I killed an uglyass purple on the other day, with the stock exhaust back on, right after I had put my mud tires on... the funny thing was, he passed me doing 60- i was 45... i gunned it, caught him in like 10 seconds and passed him... had to turn left when i got to about 90 so he flew by... haha neons and their flybys... oh well at least that way they THINK theyve won
Old 07-13-2002, 01:27 AM   #4
Grip72

I HATE it when people 'THINK' they've won..that makes me so pissed off! argh
Old 07-13-2002, 05:59 AM   #5
toykilla

i dont think it matters what kind of car the person doing the flyby is in. ive had more honda owners do flybys after an ass whipping than any other kind of car. =/ nice kill

Old 07-13-2002, 11:59 AM   #6
97CivicFerio

Flybys are for losers, regardless of the make of the car.

Old 07-13-2002, 02:10 PM   #7
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

I raced a CRX the other night and he did the old fly by...I shut it down at 150KMPH and went down to 100 (which is the speed limit) and he did the old fly by thinking he won??? I hate people like that.

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
Old 07-13-2002, 03:51 PM   #8
Grip72

I think they do flybys when they lose cuz they want to get home and work on their car so they can have a chance....or just to get home and cry to their mommas
Old 07-15-2002, 08:53 PM   #9
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Good kill.
Quote:
Originally posted by toykilla
i dont think it matters what kind of car the person doing the flyby is in. ive had more honda owners do flybys after an ass whipping than any other kind of car. =/ nice kill
Quote:
Originally posted by 97CivicFerio
Flybys are for losers, regardless of the make of the car.
Old 07-17-2002, 07:54 PM   #10
Violent Apathy

Yup I've had more honda's do fly bys than any other car..

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." - Hunter S. Thompson, 1937-2005
Old 08-05-2002, 05:43 PM   #11
accorrdd

nice kill!! people who own neons need to recognize that their car is a POS...even stock we'll smoke their car....

Old 08-16-2002, 09:21 PM   #12
NiceRides

How much horse power does a stock neon run on?? I have a friend who has a 95' neon and it's got some modifications to it like a ice man cold air intake, and a custom exhuast and no catylitic converter and some other lil things. And he won't tell me know how much horses he's running. I just got back from a lil street race and He just whooped a 00' honda accord v-tech ulev wit a ractive exhuast wit custom 2'' piping running through the whole thing and an AEM cold air intake. In the begining I surely thought dat he was goin to get a whoopin'. But..... He won like 1-1 1/2 car lenghts .SO i'm thinkin I have now chance to go against him wit my 02' civic Lx wit just a flowmaster full cat system what do u guys think?

Old 08-16-2002, 09:48 PM   #13
mt.biker

you people get fly bys? that never happens with me, but that must be because i normally dont back off. You gotta create some massive distance between the two of you. Thats the only way to "school" some wanna be ricer. Btw i'm begining to hate ricers... put them in a civic and i wanna

Old 08-16-2002, 10:04 PM   #14
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by NiceRides
How much horse power does a stock neon run on??
Depends on the model. Here's the "high end" neon. http://www.edmunds.com/used/1995/dod...tml?id=lin0066
Old 09-15-2002, 05:22 PM   #15
VR4_Craver
Banned

After reading a post about a Neon smoking a civic (Civic vs Neon big surprise) it is good to see people that actually have sense. I hate all neons, and the general feeling is that they should just all blow up. :o
the geekz0r (11:03:46 PM): basicly, look at it this way...the 6speed is the same is the 5speed in 2,3,4,5,and 6...only the speeds are different because of the fd
the geekz0r (11:04:16 PM): so 2nd pulls like 1st in the 5speed, 3rd is like 2nd, etc.
PortugeeTex (11:04:26 PM): so whats 1st like then?
the geekz0r (11:04:49 PM): 1st is like hitting a cheeta in the ass with a tazer
PortugeeTex (11:04:53 PM): lmfao
Old 09-26-2002, 06:53 PM   #16
Drunkalien

Actually my mom's neon has no problem with keeping up with my buddies accord. He just wins cause his car is manual.

Old 09-26-2002, 10:14 PM   #17
GirlRacer

Neon's suck. I always giggle when some guy rolls by in one all slanted over in his seat like it's kewl...those are the silliest looking cars. & definitely silly for men to drive. They think they're awful cool though.
yea right.

Old 09-26-2002, 10:24 PM   #18
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

Quote:
Originally posted by Drunkalien
Actually my mom's neon has no problem with keeping up with my buddies accord. He just wins cause his car is manual.

What kind of Accord does he have DX, LX, EX?? And does he know how to drive???
Old 09-27-2002, 01:04 AM   #19
HoLun

http://www.*****org hehe

Old 09-27-2002, 01:17 AM   #20
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

Quote:
Originally posted by HoLun
http://www.*****.org hehe

wtf???
Old 09-27-2002, 02:01 AM   #21
delsolvtec
Del Sol Forum Moderator

That neon SRT-4 is going to be a car to watch though. 215hp from the factory on a 2.4 turbo... 0-60 under 6 seconds. And under 20K.. I agree it still looks silly, but I'll bet it's a kick to drive.
Old 09-27-2002, 02:21 AM   #22
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

even with that being said, it's still a Dodge....that's one American car company that I will never have interest in no matter what they come out with.......that's just me though....
Old 09-27-2002, 08:51 AM   #23
HoLun

Check out the neon.org 's fourm, the "neon of the month" section, they got pics, some of them doesnt look that bad...

Old 09-28-2002, 01:01 PM   #24
GirlRacer

no...

They're sooo....bubble shaped. It's werid kind of

Old 09-28-2002, 02:05 PM   #25
HoLun

VW bugs are bubbly shape too.... but wonuldn't it work better at high speed, since its.. "areodynamic" ?

Old 09-28-2002, 02:08 PM   #26
GirlRacer

I guess that could be an argument....but I think I'd rather drive something sleek rather than having to explain that I drive a bubble b/c it's aerodynamic.
Just my opinion though...I'm sure there's people out there who love them as much I love my little CRX

Old 10-18-2002, 07:44 PM   #27
11secneon

your mods are a joke

Your sorry little gokart has pathetic mods, you know nothing about neons, there is no ex moron, do you only know honda speak? I could take apart my whole car and put it back together flawlessly, can you change even your pistons? I bet you have never had your head off, if you had it would be ported and polished like we neonites do because we know a little something about cars.

So you smoked some dude that thought he was fast, so what. If I pulled up next to you, I would hand you your ass.

My car weighs 2400lbs have a 260 hp and 255 lbs of torque to the wheels bro!

I could pull up to any of you sorry ricers in your honda,hyundai,acura whatever.

You just wait till you see a neon srt it comes stock w/215hp at the crank, just wait till we neonites mod it out!

Also the dodge razor is coming out soon specs:
250hp rear wheel drive 6-speed MSRP:15,000

hahahahahahahaha
lol

and you thought a 240hp honda accord was cool?
not since it weighs 3400lbs (gas mileage sucks too 21 in the city)

love your honda all you want

Old 10-18-2002, 08:14 PM   #28
HoLun

close this thread quick before it catches on fire...

Old 10-18-2002, 11:03 PM   #29
VR4_Craver
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by AccordinStyle
even with that being said, it's still a Dodge....that's one American car company that I will never have interest in no matter what they come out with.......that's just me though....

You wouldnt even own their new hemi powered ram? Has anyone else of the "Ram Rod" its supposed to be a bigger souped up hemi Or what about the Dodge SRT-10? The viper powered truck definetly would like those but they are too expensive for me
Old 10-18-2002, 11:04 PM   #30
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Re: your mods are a joke

Welcome to the board. On another note....

Quote:
Originally posted by 11secneon
Your sorry little gokart has pathetic mods, you know nothing about neons, there is no ex moron, do you only know honda speak? I could take apart my whole car and put it back together flawlessly, can you change even your pistons? I bet you have never had your head off, if you had it would be ported and polished like we neonites do because we know a little something about cars.

So you smoked some dude that thought he was fast, so what. If I pulled up next to you, I would hand you your ass.

I could pull up to any of you sorry ricers in your honda,hyundai,acura whatever.

You just wait till you see a neon srt it comes stock w/215hp at the crank, just wait till we neonites mod it out!

hahahahahahahaha
lol

and you thought a 240hp honda accord was cool?
not since it weighs 3400lbs (gas mileage sucks too 21 in the city)

Easy there Einstein. No one claimed to know the ins & outs of Neons. I can see how you'd be a bit offended by the title of this post. But relax. Its the internet.

What mods do you have that you can run 11 second 1/4s? Not flaming, just asking.

Its nice the Razor is coming out. Its still not on the market yet so I've yet to be impressed.
Old 10-18-2002, 11:06 PM   #31
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

Quote:
Originally posted by VR4_Craver
You wouldnt even own their new hemi powered ram? Has anyone else of the "Ram Rod" its supposed to be a bigger souped up hemi Or what about the Dodge SRT-10? The viper powered truck definetly would like those but they are too expensive for me

o.k., I take it back...I would own one of their trucks...a friends of mine had a '97 Dodge Ram (brand new at the time) and he let me drive it....that thing was ridiculously fast...

Quote:
Originally posted by IALuder
thats why i use a sock.

Quote:
Originally posted by MissJDM
Darin, please confirm that you don't like the cock!

HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #7
Anna Fan Club Member #1
Old 10-18-2002, 11:10 PM   #32
VR4_Craver
Banned

Re: your mods are a joke

Quote:
Originally posted by 11secneon
Your sorry little gokart has pathetic mods, you know nothing about neons, there is no ex moron.

First i want to congradulate you on the most grammactical errors in one post i have ever seen...I envy you Second what the hell are you talking about "there is no ex" uhhh i beleive he was refereing to the accord.... maybe thats just my out look on that. And what are you doing on a honda forum bashin hondas? Another thing, so you are saying that someone in an intgra type are pulled up to you (or the civic type r) you would hand his ass to him? I personally would love to see that. ( Boy we finally get rid of one and gain another. Can this place ever win?!?!)
Old 10-18-2002, 11:46 PM   #33
Grip72

What are you doing here with a neon anyways?..personally, i'd rather drive my accord, even if it is slower, over a neon any day. I mean, god look at those neons..what is it?? I know my car is not flashy or anything but its alot nicer stock vs. a stock neon...any day
Old 10-18-2002, 11:54 PM   #34
firstgeardude

Re: no...

Quote:
Originally posted by GirlRacer
They're sooo....bubble shaped. It's werid kind of

tru.. all chrysler cars are like this....

and to wat accord 17 said... ya any accord over a neon

Old 10-19-2002, 08:21 AM   #35
Mike98Neon

Let the flamewar begin. I've got a 98 Plymouth Expresso DOHC
5speed, that has about $600 worth of modifications. Best e.t. at Bradenton motorsports park was a 14.99 @93mph on street tires. Neons come bone stock with more horsepower, more torque than a crummy Civic any day of the week, with exception of the Si which has 160hp and 111 ft.lbs torque. The lowest model neon has 132 hp with 135 ft.lbs. torque at a lower rpm range. Any motor can make alot of hp depending on how fast you spin it, just because it spins faster doesn't make it better. Anyone who thinks that torque doesn't matter, well.....go read a book. Anyone who wants to challenge this notion, I'll be happy to supply you with enough reading to drown you peeps.

All your Hondas berong to us

Old 10-19-2002, 10:47 AM   #36
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike98Neon
Let the flamewar begin. I've got a 98 Plymouth Expresso DOHC
5speed, that has about $600 worth of modifications. Best e.t. at Bradenton motorsports park was a 14.99 @93mph on street tires. Neons come bone stock with more horsepower, more torque than a crummy Civic any day of the week, with exception of the Si which has 160hp and 111 ft.lbs torque. The lowest model neon has 132 hp with 135 ft.lbs. torque at a lower rpm range. Any motor can make alot of hp depending on how fast you spin it, just because it spins faster doesn't make it better. Anyone who thinks that torque doesn't matter, well.....go read a book. Anyone who wants to challenge this notion, I'll be happy to supply you with enough reading to drown you peeps.

All your Hondas berong to us

$600 eh? Is that $600 nitrous by chance? Got any slips showing your 14.99 run? If its not nitrous what mods do you have?
Old 10-19-2002, 11:17 AM   #37
infil

Hrmmm
bragging about a 2" exhaust? Wow, i'm impressed, it runs with that much backpressure? Cool. Yeah guys, I know its hard to stomach but neons dont need 10 grand dumped into em to smoke you guys with yere 4" ricecans and that crap. Hrmm, remind me what one of the fastest all motor fwd's is? OH yeah, A NEON. Do you guys actually think yer cool? I have no problems with any car thats built up right. Problem i have is w/ the ppl who cut their springs, put a stupidly large rice can in place of the muffler, and put a huge ass wing on the back of their heap and then think their badasses. From my experience....that covers most of the Honda, DSM, Nissan market.

OH, and no, i doubt a 14.99 is nitrous, nitrous throws neons into the 13's usually.

Old 10-19-2002, 11:28 AM   #38
Amethyst

I just couldn't keep my mouth shut anymore. NEONS ARE NOT SLOW (2nd gens excluded)! With a driver that has half a brain cell, they can pull some impressive times for what they are. They weren't built to be gas-guzzling HP monsters. They were built as economy cars. However, with a tweak here and a tweak there they are amazing machines.

One of our guys here ran 11s and was still street legal. Think about it - a 4-cyl. 2.0L motor that runs 11s street legal. Yeah, it was still just a Neon - but it smoked just about anything it came across. (Incidentally, this same car is now in the 10s but isn't street legal anymore.) The fastest Neon in the world is about to break into the 8s.

Now I'm not dogging Hondas. They are nice looking in their own way. I'd buy a S2000 in a hearbeat if I could afford one - not because it's a Honda, but because it's a little convertible that looks good which is what I want for a 2nd car. My ex's 94 Civic looked real good - black, with red interior, white graphics and wheels. The thing with it though that killed me - it was a manual and had mods and I beat it in my automatic SOHC Neon. Not once, but 3 times. So it wasn't a fluke.

On the other hand - I had my ass handed to me by a modded Prelude once. That guy had dropped a TON into the car - custom interior, paint, graphics, and sub box, plus lots of stuff under the hood. It looked good, and ran like a champ. However, if I had the same mods he did, I probably would have taken him. (This is in my DOHC 5-speed that I have now.)

As far as attitude goes - most of the Neon people I know are awesome (my fiancee and I met at a Neon gathering). On the other hand, some of the Neon people are such assholes that they won't give you the time of day.

Most Honda people look at me and are like, "Oh, you have a Neon. It's a slow POS, blah blah blah." and are just plain ignorant. Here again though, I have met some really cool Honda people who actually took time to talk to me and get to know me for who I am, not talk shit on me for the car I drive.

It all comes down to attitude. Personally, I don't care what kind of car someone drives as long as they aren't a jackass towards me. In the end - image means nothing anyway: what matters is who you are.

Erin

Old 10-19-2002, 01:10 PM   #39
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by infil
Hrmmm
bragging about a 2" exhaust? Wow, i'm impressed, it runs with that much backpressure? Cool. Yeah guys, I know its hard to stomach but neons dont need 10 grand dumped into em to smoke you guys with yere 4" ricecans and that crap. Hrmm, remind me what one of the fastest all motor fwd's is? OH yeah, A NEON. Do you guys actually think yer cool? I have no problems with any car thats built up right. Problem i have is w/ the ppl who cut their springs, put a stupidly large rice can in place of the muffler, and put a huge ass wing on the back of their heap and then think their badasses. From my experience....that covers most of the Honda, DSM, Nissan market.

OH, and no, i doubt a 14.99 is nitrous, nitrous throws neons into the 13's usually.

Civic's don't need 10 grand dumped into them either. Let's face it, neither side knows that much about the other. So let's not make assumptions.
You might look into the Prelude. Or perhaps a SpecV. They can show a Neon a "good time".
I'm not a fan of the whole big wing, clear tail light etc thing either. I can tell you that there's Neons around here that do that as much as the Civics. So its not a one sided deal.
That's why I asked. And it all depends on shot size too. Its not just 'nitrous' in general.

Quote:
Originally posted by Amethyst
It all comes down to attitude. Personally, I don't care what kind of car someone drives as long as they aren't a jackass towards me. In the end - image means nothing anyway: what matters is who you are.

Erin

So true. I don't hate any cars. Its the driver that make the car. Its unfortunate that every car class seems to have a few assholes that make everyone else look bad.
Old 10-19-2002, 01:39 PM   #40
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by Civic_Addict
So true. I don't hate any cars. Its the driver that make the car. Its unfortunate that every car class seems to have a few assholes that make everyone else look bad.
I dont know any assholes that drive Rl's around here, they have all been really nice whenever i've talked to them about their car and what they think of the newer models.

Closed Thread