Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2002, 10:11 PM   #1
97CivicFerio

My first F-Body kill........

My friend and I were out cruising up and down Main St. looking for a V8 to have some fun with. After quite some time we pulled up next to a 99-01 Firebird with the LS1 350. I know it was an LS1 because I asked him at the light. Anyway, he asked me what I had and I told him just a turbo 1.6L. He said, "Not bad." I said, "On green I am going for it." He replied, "Alright." I revved it up a bit, it turned green and I layed into it. He pulled on me up to about 30mph, which I expected, then after I hit second gear it was the beginning of the end. At the time I hit second, he was up by a car on me. By the time I hit the top of second I had him by two cars. As I shoved it into third, then quickly into fourth, he had long since given up. I eased onto the brakes to get back down to legal speeds. That was the most fun I have had behind the wheel in a long time.
TURBOPOWER RULEZ!!!!!

Old 05-19-2002, 10:18 PM   #2
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Nice kill man. Very impressive

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
Old 05-19-2002, 10:29 PM   #3
97CivicFerio

Thanks dude, it sure felt good.

Old 05-19-2002, 10:57 PM   #4
Matrix

Boost is a good thing.

Old 05-19-2002, 11:18 PM   #5
97CivicFerio

Exclamation

OH YEAH!!!!!!

Old 05-20-2002, 09:24 PM   #6
Niacin

What's your times? Sounds like a fun ride.

Max

Old 05-20-2002, 10:46 PM   #7
NooNz

congrats on the kill...must've felt sweeeeeet...

Old 05-21-2002, 06:16 PM   #8
thermal
Banning Machine

daymmmmm!!!....... taken on some firebirds already....u da man ferio......awesome kill!

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 05-22-2002, 11:27 AM   #9
blownteggy

servin those damn domestics....good kill

Old 05-22-2002, 11:31 AM   #10
97CivicFerio

Exclamation

There are TOO many domestics around here that think they are the shit. Well, I am here to show em what's up!

Old 05-22-2002, 09:32 PM   #11
Niacin

No times, then?

Max

Old 05-23-2002, 11:32 AM   #12
97CivicFerio

Not yet, I expect high 13's though.

Old 05-23-2002, 07:38 PM   #13
Niacin

Kickin'. That'll be a headturner.

Old 05-24-2002, 04:49 PM   #14
97CivicFerio

Oh I have turned some heads already hehe. I had one guy about snap his neck turning his head because I boosted up next to his open passenger side window and shifted into 3rd at 10psi. My HKS SSQV got his attention real quick! LOL

Old 05-24-2002, 11:07 PM   #15
TuRbo GTA

too bad if your runnning high 13's that f body would have destroyed you.

Old 05-25-2002, 10:56 AM   #16
97CivicFerio

That f body did not destroy me, I smoked him bad. Maybe the dumb bastard did not know how to drive.

Old 05-25-2002, 12:59 PM   #17
Violent Apathy

Moo.

You also got to realize that f-bodies weigh quite a bit more than a civic. my two cents.

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." - Hunter S. Thompson, 1937-2005
Old 05-25-2002, 01:29 PM   #18
97CivicFerio

I certainly do realize that, but also realize that they have a much larger engine with a ton of torque. All of it comes down to which car won. I think it is more of a feat for a Civic with a turbo to beat a V8 than vice versa.

Old 05-25-2002, 01:31 PM   #19
Kyle
elyK

yep

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Old 06-11-2002, 12:17 PM   #20
fadednite

agreed

Old 06-12-2002, 06:14 PM   #21
Matrix

Ditto.

Old 07-01-2002, 02:23 AM   #22
Ex-Tdo4

oh lord, do you all believe this?

ok, at the start of 2nd gear he was up on you one car length and at the end of 2nd gear you were up on him by 2 car lengths. That means you somehow made up 3 car lengths from the start of 2nd gear to the end of 2nd which takes place in about 2 seconds. I should know, i have turbo also, and when you switch from first to second, you're at about 4500 rpms in second already. I smell bullshit don't you? High 13's will not take out an LS1, trust me. I'm boosting 7lbs and i can bearly keep up with z28's, and they run like 13.8's. U shouldn't even beat a z28. Aite, made me comment, im out, it stinks in here, reeks of bullshit.

Old 07-02-2002, 12:35 PM   #23
97CivicFerio

Who are you to come in here and claim bullshit? I already said maybe the guy messed up shifting or something. I don't know, maybe he quit racing. Who knows, all I know is that he took off on me and I passed him through second gear. When I shift into second in my car I am at 5100rpms and not 4500 rpms. At that time I was boosting 10psi with my Hondata and 440cc injectors.

Oh and BTW, you have a MUCH smaller turbo than I do. I have a full T3 trimmed to the max.

Old 07-02-2002, 04:32 PM   #24
Matrix

Quote:
Originally posted by 97CivicFerio
...Oh and BTW, you have a MUCH smaller turbo than I do. I have a full T3 trimmed to the max.

BOO-YAH!!

Old 07-02-2002, 07:15 PM   #25
Ex-Tdo4

It's not a claim, it's an opinion which i do think i can have. Just seems like BULLSHIT when you make up 3 car lengths up that fast. "Maybe he did slow down", "maybe this, maybe that", haha, now the maybes come out. Smaller turbo doesn't mean shit, a td04 and a t3 is not that much different. I can upgrade my turbo to the equivilant of a t3super60 and boost 10psi and i guarantee you that i still won't pull on an LS1 thru 2nd. I've been around turbo and racing for the longest and i know what an Ls1 can do, so in order to save yourself, you should consider making up more of your "maybe" stories kid. You think you got like the fastest freaking civic around, not to say that it's a four door. Integra 4door-->fine. Civic four door--> wtf. Just the way you portray yourself here, it's fake and smells, nasty, foul, yucky, eww, ugh!
If you wanna talk about CLaims. You claimed that i photoshopped my intercooler, wtf was that all about? DOn't ***** about false claims when you're the headmaster at that.
Funny how you get all defensive about your legit kill story and have to put other ppl's shit down to make you look better. The only way to reconcile what you said about beating an Ls1 is to say that you didn't.
Give yourself a reality check kid, your not that fast, not fast enough to beat an Ls1.

but,.... but.... but..... maybe he he he but maybe um.... shit... ugh... maybe he he he started off in 2nd!!! yeah! i made another maybe for ya! =)

Old 07-03-2002, 12:18 AM   #26
blownteggy

everyone calm down!!! it's okay guys!!!!

Old 07-03-2002, 02:29 AM   #27
Ex-Tdo4

blownteggy

Yeah you're right. I certainly agree with you 100%. It's just that some ppl think that just because they're behind a keyboard and a monitor that they can say whatever they want and to use their widest imagination to make up stuff cuz there's no way to confirm what they're saying. Just be legit and never make up smelly bullshit that is backed up by a bunch of "maybe this and maybe that." But yeah, i do apologize for coming on here and starting a bunch of mess. I'm not skeptical, just knowlegeable.

Old 07-03-2002, 11:20 AM   #28
blownteggy

nothing wrong with being skeptical, you just gotta be objective about it.

Old 07-04-2002, 04:34 AM   #29
AzCivic

maybe it was an automatic

I have a friend who has a LS1 Camaro Z28, he got in a race a few days ago against a civic HB that he's sure had a turbo(he could hear it) the civic took off harder then he did but he did take off pretty hard but thinking he was just racing a ricer, not as hard as normal. Anyways we began overcome him and passed slowly by but when he looked in his rear view he couldn't see the civic. It was hanging in his blind spot then all of a sudden it started to pull right back up to him. Thats when my friend let off(supposedly cause they were going to fast and he didn't want a ticket) but he did say if he would have kept going that the civic would have passed him.
That was his story, I admit we don't know what the civic had but it must not be too hard for a civic to take a LS1, since people around here don't really get into crazy mods and stuff.

Oh my friend has an exhaust, upgraded intake, short shifter and some other little things.

He now has a new found respect for Honda's
Old 07-04-2002, 11:34 AM   #30
97CivicFerio

Hmmm, yeah Ok

Well I am sorry I do not have pictures or a video, but I guess that is what I would have to have to prove to you that I am not ".....full of BS, a kid that thinks his little civic is the fastest around...."

The fact is regardless of "what if's" is that I beat the LS1. Also, earlier I stated that I have not in fact been to a 1/4 track although I felt that I may be able to run high 13's. I tend to not think my Civic is the fastest, so I underestimate rather than think I am "Unbeatable".

I am also no punk kid, contrary to your assumption. I am turning 27 in a week, have been married for 5 years, and am father to a 6 year old girl. I really don't know why you started off so riled up about my posts. I think you made some poor assumptions about me and my car and became a bit upset, thinking "how dare this rice boy punk claim he beat a LS1. I get whopped on by them and there is no way HE could have beaten one"

Please try to inquire about these types of posts nicely in the future and maybe next time you will not look like such an ass. Thank you very much.

Old 07-04-2002, 11:39 AM   #31
Kyle
elyK

Re: Hmmm, yeah Ok

Quote:
Well I am sorry I do not have pictures or a video, but I guess that is what I would have to have to prove to you that I am not ".....full of BS, a kid that thinks his little civic is the fastest around...."

The fact is regardless of "what if's" is that I beat the LS1. Also, earlier I stated that I have not in fact been to a 1/4 track although I felt that I may be able to run high 13's. I tend to not think my Civic is the fastest, so I underestimate rather than think I am "Unbeatable".

I am also no punk kid, contrary to your assumption. I am turning 27 in a week, have been married for 5 years, and am father to a 6 year old girl. I really don't know why you started off so riled up about my posts. I think you made some poor assumptions about me and my car and became a bit upset, thinking "how dare this rice boy punk claim he beat a LS1. I get whopped on by them and there is no way HE could have beaten one"

Please try to inquire about these types of posts nicely in the future and maybe next time you will not look like such an ass. Thank you very much.

owned

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Old 07-05-2002, 04:20 AM   #32
Ex-Tdo4

Funny

this started out as me telling you that it's complete bullshit for you to make up 3 car lenghts in second gear, and now it has become a judgement on character? Get real kid. I can care less about who has your back here or who doesn't. I don't come here often, just every now and then to read and entertain myself with the information here. So it doesn't bother me that i make myself look like an ass in any way. Which thinking back, i don't think i have. You make yourself look like more of an ass by the misinformation a false claims you have ppl believe. Oh, and BTW, i think you photoshopped your engine bay

Old 07-05-2002, 04:22 AM   #33
Ex-Tdo4

Who's an ass?

Quote:
That f body did not destroy me, I smoked him bad. Maybe the dumb bastard did not know how to drive.

Old 07-05-2002, 11:35 AM   #34
97CivicFerio

Oh I am the ass huh?

All I can tell you is to get a life troll.

Old 07-05-2002, 07:09 PM   #35
gixer

im a little skeptical also, it's nearly impossible to make up 3 car lengths in a single gear while the other person is already up top, especially against an ls1. the only way that would be possible is if you squeezed 50-75 shot or if the other person missed a gear. but i don't think he missed a gear because it's so obvious when that happens. maybe he got the holeshot and just let off and got back on it*shrug* ls1's are really quick, they have a load of torque and even more hp to back it up, so they are good at low and high end. you'll need a 12sec civic to take an ls1 legit, cuz they also run high 12's. not calling bs on ur kill, just stating the facts. btw. what setup are you running on ur hondata?..

Old 07-05-2002, 11:01 PM   #36
Ex-Tdo4

thankyou

gixer: thank you, all i was trying to say the whole time was that he cannot make up 3 car lengths in 2nd gear, and the ball sucker says that he can. he really makes himself look like a dork here thinking that can really pull on a Ls1 like that in 2nd gear. I think he knows nothing about cars except to drive them and put gas in them. I gotta life, i just got home from work and i wanted to see what kinda funny shit he's got for me this time. Now it time to go hit the gym then go out drinking. I think that's a life don't you? Civic4doorferio97photoshop---> just admit you can't make up three car lengths in 2nd gear and maybe this whole subject can finally be history. Especially against an Ls1.

Gsx-r's are ****ing bad, i want one or an R6. Hope you don't drop that bike man, cuz i'll cry if i dropped mine. later

Old 07-06-2002, 12:02 AM   #37
blownteggy

close this f'ing thread already!

Old 07-06-2002, 01:55 AM   #38
97CivicFerio

EX-TD04,

**** you ***got, I know more about cars than you think monkey spank. Why don't you find some other board to start shit on rather than here, loser. I think this board already has enough shit and you are pushing it over the limit. You just feel like a ***** because your little 5th gen with a Greddy kit can't beat LS1's like I can. If ya can't handle it, why don't you just get lost maggot.

Old 07-06-2002, 02:10 AM   #39
97CivicFerio

Hey spanky, these *photochops* too?!

Sorry for all the pics mods, but this guys has to see all of them I am afraid.

Old 07-06-2002, 06:04 AM   #40
gixer

listen, it seems to me like ur the one with the flames here. all it was, is a little doubt you can make up 3 car lengths on an ls1 with that little time, that's all to it. btw, who did the photochopping?...that's good work, i almost got fooled.

Closed Thread