::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Hybrid
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2004, 07:37 PM   #1
Ezra

H23 Timming belt on H22 head?

I have just discoved that i can transplant the cam gears from the si's head over to the h22 head and this allows me to keep the si timming belt a 187 vs 226 which was longer and looked like i needed the hydrolic tensioner from an h22, vtec water pump, vtec oil pump, vtec crankshaft timming gear... i have already abought a vtec oil pump, waterpump and timming belt but he dealer wants $97 for the crank gear plus $xxx for the hydrolic tensioner...sighs.... I am going to check the output volume of the vtec oilpump and if it is the same as the Si's then i think im just going to stick with the Si's stuff... does any one know if the h23 timming belt will hold out to 7500 rpm? also don't tell me the h232 can't rev that high because this one will be internally balanced minus the balancing shafts for inertia reduction....

Ezra-

PS: feel free to email questions or your own 2 cents because this little hybrid is being built to take on my 75 nova with a recently built 383 and 700r4.... i want to know witch of the two will come out on top at the 1/4 in Idalu Texas....