::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Hybrid
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2003, 08:38 PM   #1
Netrisk032

b16a or b18c??

i have a 95 civic ex and looking in these two engines. first off what would you think the average 1/4 mile times are for these to engines in a 5th gen. and second off dealing with OBD conversions
Old 09-22-2003, 09:48 PM   #2
Netrisk032

also would i need motor mounts and to get new springs in the front. i all ready have eibach sportline springs, also what would i need extra due to the fact off the car going from a auto to a manual tranny. (shift linkage)?
Old 09-24-2003, 07:25 PM   #3
ty13

Buy a new car.... Your talkin some serious work if you havent ever done a swap I wouldnt recomend that you start here. Motor swapping is simple but getting into trannys is a differnt story.
But if you need help let me know and I will try to guide you threw it the best I can....Also if you dont have alot of shop tools ( mig welder sawzall air ratchets etc) I would try to find some one that will let you use theres....Good luck .

Lucky 13 racing
Old 09-25-2003, 08:11 AM   #4
Netrisk032

well the person that is helping me works as a master mechanic at a ford dealership around here and has done many swaps so that isnt really the problem... any other suggestions
Old 09-29-2003, 07:52 PM   #5
ty13

Yeah master mechanic for ford....One good suggestion is make sure you got the right master mechanic....Ive seen these master mechanics do....
Old 09-29-2003, 08:17 PM   #6
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

b16 or b18 really comes down to preference and how fast you wanna go, along with the amount of money you have to spend.

the b18 will be faster out of the box, down low and up top; but costs more
the b16 is a great motor, although dubbed the "torqueless wonder" is affordable and plentiful in many online shops (SiR2 anyways)

swapping isnt hard, by the way...pretty straigh forward really...dont need a "master mechanic"
http://www.c-speedracing.com/howto/b18cswap/swap.php
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 12:49 PM   #7
cashizslick

Quote:
Originally posted by pdiggitydogg
b16 or b18 really comes down to preference and how fast you wanna go, along with the amount of money you have to spend.

the b18 will be faster out of the box, down low and up top; but costs more
the b16 is a great motor, although dubbed the "torqueless wonder" is affordable and plentiful in many online shops (SiR2 anyways)

swapping isnt hard, by the way...pretty straigh forward really...dont need a "master mechanic"
http://www.c-speedracing.com/howto/b18cswap/swap.php

Torqueless wonder all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-19-2003, 12:52 PM   #8
cashizslick

BTW - there is virtually no difference between the USDM GSR and the JDM B16A - same final power rating, just the B16 has a lil less torque, and shorter gear ratios (kinda makes up for it).

A b18c may get a jump off the line, but a race with a b18c civic and a b16a civic is a DRIVER'S race since the motors are basically the same.
Old 10-24-2003, 11:05 PM   #9
Shaved &/or Laid
4th Gear

yes sir. As long as yor car is not a red coupe with a Tach pod on the dash, then youre allowed.