Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2003, 10:21 PM   #1
C's 94 InTeGrA
4th Gear

Turbo or Supercharger for my Teg?

Well this fall i am plannin on doin some big stuff to my Teg. Well i really want a turbo and all and i think it would be sweet to have one but i could use a supercharger also. My question is which one would be better for me? Which one will put out the most gains? i have a 94 Integra LS Non-Vtec. i know i heard turbo works so well with cars like mine. it doesnt matter price difference cause the turbo i got priced was a turbotechnotics T4 extreme kit where i can run around 10 pounds of boost or more. Its $2650 complete
Or i know Jackson Racing makes a supercharger for mine and its the same price. just want some opinions on wat i should do??
C's 94 InTeGrA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 11:16 AM   #2
C's 94 InTeGrA
4th Gear

Come on i know someone knows all about this stuff!!!!!!
Old 09-21-2003, 06:16 PM   #3
silver

depends on your goals for the car. best thing to do is read up on the what the differences between the two are. i could give you my opinion but that wouldn't really help you towards "your" goal.

in any case i'd go turbo due to the greater potential power output as well as various aesthetic reasons. also the motor is a better motor to turbo imo than a b18c, which i'd probably supercharge if i had that motor. like i said i'd break it down for you but it's always better to learn yourself instead of listening to the stupid turbo vs. supercharger argument.
Top Secret, Ings+1, J's Racing, Varis, Amuse, ASM, GP Sports, Air Walker, Garage Defend, Kakimoto, BuddyClub, Feel's, Fujitsubo, Porterfield, KG/MM, ORC, Spoon, Mugen, and more than 200 others. If it's in a Hyper Rev, it's in our reach.

http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com
silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 06:49 AM   #4
C's 94 InTeGrA
4th Gear

ya i know there is a huge argument about this. plus my engine is mostly made for turbo since i dont have the vtec. but thanks for the input
Old 09-26-2003, 10:51 AM   #5
ForceInjection

I’ll hate to get this into a turbo/supercharger, so I’ll just point out some basics. The turbo and the JRSC are two totally different types of FI. The JRSC will give you more-low end HP and torque and the HP curve will be pretty even throughout the RPM range. The JRSC is limited to how much HP you can make, since those compressors do create a lot of heat. JRSC is great if you going to do Autox or just want more HP all around the RPM range. Now the turbo will have more potential for my HP. But, keep in mind it will not give you that great HP in the lower RPM’s. It is a pretty good price for that kit, but you may want to check to see if it is 100% complete. You will want a turbo timer, intercooler, boost controller…and all the other tuning stuff like maybe injectors, fuel pump, FMU…depending on what boost level it is.

If you want something comparable to the turbo you may also want to look at a Vortech supercharger. These centrifugal superchargers are basically like a turbo.

I hope this helps a little.
Old 09-30-2003, 07:20 PM   #6
AzCivic

get a turbo.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote