::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Body Modifications
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2004, 01:22 AM   #1
gsrchad

aero drag questions

ok, so after workign on my car for a while now and taking some top speed tests (not really to high since i have a type R tranny on 16 inch 40 series tires) so ok. back to the point.... has any one looked at the rear bumper, and seen them huge area's that just grab air.... behind the tires, all the way back...... ok. so here is my questions...

i have lowered my car quite a bit. I have no front lip..... now, to help with my air drag from the rear bumper, would a front lip ( extending it down 1-1.5inches) do anything? saying like anything at all? figuring i only have a few inched from the ground to the bumper... any one have any numbers or experience with it.... mpg, speed tests? cause after 135-140, it slows quite a bit....and you can hear the air just being punished under my car...
Old 04-18-2004, 03:19 AM   #2
1kewlcivic

If you want to release the air from under the car and out the rear bumper, Summit Racing Sells a kit to install vents in your rear bumper. You do have to cut out some of your rear bumper to install these vents. Or you can create your own custom cut out in your rear bumper. Doing this releases the air from building up inside the rear bumper. Which in turn helps the car ride faster. I did it to my own bumper.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg civic rear bumper vents.jpg (9.7 KB, 33 views)
Old 04-18-2004, 11:59 PM   #3
gsrchad

like the holes>>> a a couple questions...

whats up with the lights and sppoiler and is that a type R badge?
Old 04-19-2004, 10:11 AM   #4
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

You could buy one of those things, yeah...
Or you could just buy a sheet of plastic and bolt it on. The eg vx has a factory plate that does the exact same thing.
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 12:25 PM   #5
gsrchad

really? i am not sure as to what peice your talking about... do you have pics or something of it?
Old 04-21-2004, 10:55 PM   #6
1kewlcivic

Why, what is wrong with the taillights is have? And don't bash me or anything, why do you bot like them? Yes, that is a Type-R badge. I just like the way the badge looks. It's not like I have a Type-r engine. I just like the way the badge looks. AAnd what's wrong with my spoiler, I like it?
Old 04-21-2004, 11:05 PM   #7
gsrchad

its just, they probly cost some pocket change, when you could ahve bought something else to make your car stand out besides being the typical person that fits the "rice" stereotype. I mean, dont get me wrong, i do things that people dont understand or agree with but persoanly, it doesnt make the car look better or faster so i dont understand the point of it. i can see if it adds come cool factor points, like if you have a switch thta would raise or lower your spoiler, that would be cool but you could have saves hundreds and bought new cams for your ride... you know what i mean, and dont get me started on the type R badge..I think you know what it means when you have something like a sticker on your car when you dont have it on your car. but to each his own.
where did you buy your air holes again? summit, ? can you link me to it?
Old 04-22-2004, 10:10 AM   #8
pdiggitydogg

All those things lie about what the car is, and add nothing to performance (well ok, maybe the diffuser...but it looks bad on a street car)
Thats all Im going to say. All that matters is that you like it...it doenst matter that I think it looks ridiculous
--
here ya go chad
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=796694
Those are the honda oe ones. If you get a large enough sheet of plastic and a heat gun you could make your own piece.
Old 04-22-2004, 01:41 PM   #9
gsrchad

hell yeha. 40 bucks.... ill do it and give you the reports.... HAHAH... better than cutting hole i guess....?
Old 04-22-2004, 01:55 PM   #10
pdiggitydogg

it really should provide good...aeroficiation(?)
Old 04-22-2004, 09:46 PM   #11
IALuder

i think cutting hole in your bumper is retard, ugly and a waste of money.

if you cant dazzle them with your brillance, baffle them with your bullshit.
IALuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 10:48 PM   #12
gsrchad

well, when i ran no interior and with my new ecu'd b18c... i would take it up to 135+ and i could hear the wind getting pissed off in the rear section of my car. so after lifting it up and seeing those big huge areas inside the rear bumper, i decided to do something about it..so hopefully this will help out a bit...