Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2003, 07:56 PM   #1
OPAKRACING

Civic EX vs. Saturn

Mkk, I am a lil confused...

I was going past the market almost at up to a stoplight, and i look in my right mirror, a red saturn coupe speeds past me and stops at teh light. I pull up along side him and he glares at me. He didn't revv so i didn't think we were racing. Well, the light turns green, and he punches it, so i'm like, alright, and floor it, i start pulln ahead of him by the time i get to 6000 rpm in 2nd, and by thrid i am steadely pulln ahead of him. Then, the worst thing happens....a volvo with a soccer mom driving it happens, i had to slow down. But i consider that a win, cause i was the last one pulln ahead.

BUT: the saturn was keepn up with me pretty good....it apeared stock besides one decal on the side and some hub caps...Wtf kidna saturn was this?
Old 02-16-2003, 08:18 PM   #2
sohc_vtec 2NR

i dunno but the first rule is: do not underestimate your enemy...
Old 02-16-2003, 09:02 PM   #3
OPAKRACING

Would u guys consider that a win?
Old 02-16-2003, 09:27 PM   #4
ShEaNy

ive been beatin by a saturn...all i saw was exhaust..and it was close....some of those have V6's in them and are not that bad with speed.......id consider that a kill if u were pulling even a bit...good job...
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 10:08 PM   #5
Senshi

i'd say it was a beat

put one down for the civics ^_^
Old 02-16-2003, 10:40 PM   #6
Civic98

yea i would say u won cause like u said u were the last one pullin ahead.......nice kill!!
Old 02-16-2003, 10:43 PM   #7
Civic98

spiralmax?

Quote:
Originally posted by OPAKRACING

MODS as of now:
--AEM Cold air intake
--Tokico coil overs
--Issota shift knob and pedals
--Short shifter
--Motegi MR7's (gunmetal, 16 inch)
--Yokohama Parada's (205/45/16)
--stablizer bars
--Pacesetter exhaust system(everything except the cat.)
--Susp. Tech. sways
--Spiral max
--Rear wing
--New plugs and wires
--2 10 inch subs
Woops, Ran outta money:
--Under pullys
--Fuel regulator

hey i was lookin at ur mod list and wat is a spiral max??? is that the thing that goes in ur intake kinda like a small fan ? if it is, do those things really work i heard lot of negative stuff bout those.
Old 02-16-2003, 11:14 PM   #8
SVT Cobra

Re: Civic EX vs. Saturn

Quote:
Mkk, I am a lil confused...

I was going past the market almost at up to a stoplight, and i look in my right mirror, a red saturn coupe speeds past me and stops at teh light. I pull up along side him and he glares at me. He didn't revv so i didn't think we were racing. Well, the light turns green, and he punches it, so i'm like, alright, and floor it, i start pulln ahead of him by the time i get to 6000 rpm in 2nd, and by thrid i am steadely pulln ahead of him. Then, the worst thing happens....a volvo with a soccer mom driving it happens, i had to slow down. But i consider that a win, cause i was the last one pulln ahead.

BUT: the saturn was keepn up with me pretty good....it apeared stock besides one decal on the side and some hub caps...Wtf kidna saturn was this?

lol lol lol... @ the title alone.... man sorry but you had trouble with a saturn and questioned if it was "modded" lol.... i have no clue why kids try to make some cars fast, but a saturn! lol i hope u dont consider beating cars like lancers and saturns and geo metros wins.
Old 02-17-2003, 11:57 AM   #9
OPAKRACING

Oh dear, here come the muscle head...i mean car guys...STFU if oyu nothing good to say. It was a v6, so shuve your shift knob up yur ass. Go fuk yourself....what did you have as a first car...yea, thats what i thought, kthnx.

and yes, a spiral max is the thing in the intake. It has made my idol lower, and a noticalbe difference in my power, only like 6-8 horese tho, but its worth it if you don't have a lot of money to buy a supercharger or somthin.
Old 02-17-2003, 12:18 PM   #10
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:

and yes, a spiral max is the thing in the intake. It has made my idol lower, and a noticalbe difference in my power, only like 6-8 horese tho, but its worth it if you don't have a lot of money to buy a supercharger or somthin.

Did you have it dyno'd to get the 6-8 hp figure?

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 12:25 PM   #11
SVT Cobra

Quote:
Originally posted by 94_AcCoRd_EX
Did you have it dyno'd to get the 6-8 hp figure?

"It was a v6, so shuve your shift knob up yur ass"
Old 02-17-2003, 12:41 PM   #12
OPAKRACING

whats dyno'ed?
Old 02-17-2003, 12:42 PM   #13
OPAKRACING

Quote:
....what did you have as a first car...yea, thats what i thought, kthnx.

How bout you answer that ya flamer?
Old 02-17-2003, 12:48 PM   #14
SVT Cobra

Quote:
How bout you answer that ya flamer?

i had two first cars "flamer". a 77 impala which is probably faster than your little civic and a 96 V6 Mustang which was also faster than your little civic. what does a first car have to do with anything though?
Old 02-17-2003, 12:49 PM   #15
OPAKRACING

This civic is my first car, i am 16....and bet i could take yur v6 stang....maybe not the impala.
Old 02-17-2003, 12:49 PM   #16
OPAKRACING

V6 stangs suck dick....nuff said.
Old 02-17-2003, 12:55 PM   #17
SVT Cobra

lmao....
the impala is so much slower than the v6 mustang but i drove my friends civic and the impala was a little "quicker" ( i dont even think i can use the word quick and impala in the same sentence).
anyway. grow up little boy. you are a complete ricer. comparing 1st cars lol. whatever.
Old 02-17-2003, 12:56 PM   #18
Hoss

Quote:
V6 stangs suck dick....nuff said.

I'm sure it could be you though

You prob raced that new saturn icon???
Old 02-17-2003, 12:57 PM   #19
OPAKRACING

Haha, i think that this being my first car, i did pretty good.....talk to me when i'm 18 and i get my RSX. I plan it to be a Domestic/Ferrari eater. (Turbo, nitrous, and other mods will help me kick any domestics ass.)
Old 02-17-2003, 12:58 PM   #20
OPAKRACING

Quote:
Originally posted by Hoss
I'm sure it could be you though

You prob raced that new saturn icon???

I have no idea, alls i know is it was a red saturn coupe, with a sticker on the side that said somthin about factory....blah, somthin, i have no idea.
Old 02-17-2003, 12:59 PM   #21
SVT Cobra

Quote:
Haha, i think that this being my first car, i did pretty good.....talk to me when i'm 18 and i get my RSX. I plan it to be a Domestic/Ferrari eater. (Turbo, nitrous, and other mods will help me kick any domestics ass.)

hahahhahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahaahahah ahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahaahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahah aahahaha

baaaa ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaahhahahaha ha

please stop... lol lol lol
Old 02-17-2003, 01:08 PM   #22
Hoss

Quote:
(Turbo, nitrous, and other mods will help me kick any domestics ass.)

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLLOLOL OLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOL OLOLLOLOLOL

You forgot to supercharged too LOLOLOL

RSX + Turbo + Nitrous = KA Boom
Old 02-17-2003, 01:12 PM   #23
OPAKRACING

LOL!

haha, you really DO know NOTHING about imports/cars.

so you don't think an RSX type s (200 HP stock) with a Turbo (+150-200 with boost controler and turbo timer) with Nitrous, and coilovers, exhaust, pullys, and a whole BUNCH of other performance mods totalying out at about 500-550 HP couldn't beat a ferrari (not an F50)?

Why don't you just go jump offa cliff and rid us of yur negetive attitude? All i hear from you on these boards is negative toward imports. The MODS really should ban yur account.
Old 02-17-2003, 01:13 PM   #24
OPAKRACING

Quote:
Originally posted by Hoss
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLLOLOL OLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOL OLOLLOLOLOL

You forgot to supercharged too LOLOLOL

RSX + Turbo + Nitrous = KA Boom

I was lightley stating what i planned to do. I am alos planning on replacing a lot of parts in the engine with titanium parts, and redoing the whole fuel system along with some other stuff.
Old 02-17-2003, 01:25 PM   #25
SVT Cobra

Quote:
I was lightley stating what i planned to do. I am alos planning on replacing a lot of parts in the engine with titanium parts, and redoing the whole fuel system along with some other stuff.

the only ignorant person here is you child.
guess what, when you turn 18, you don't magically have money. lol. RSX isnt the car to start with if youre lookin to make something fast. "titanium parts" lmao. don't get too technical. you're gonna need more than forged pistons and a turbocharger on that car. that engine isnt gonna take too kindly to 20 psi and 150 Shot of nitrous you fool. what about suspension. you know you have to be able to stop too? you seem to be really clueless when it comes to building a car. an RSX lol... get real man. when youre 18 youre gonna have the same shitty civic or you may have a 99 integra by then. unless mommy and daddy buy you everything or you win the lotto or you have no social life and save every penny, you won't be owning a "domestic/ferarri killer" lol. i bet i know a whole lot more than you do. shouldnt you be in school ? or is this a free period? lol
Old 02-17-2003, 01:26 PM   #26
Hoss

Numb nut I've been on this board long than you have

Its more like you know nothing about imports.. Your still young and there is a difference between doing something to a car then saying your gonna do something to a car

I hope you know your RSX puts less than 200 to the ground
http://www.turbomagazine.com/features/0301tur_toda/
Your gonna have to do work to it just to get it to 195
Old 02-17-2003, 01:31 PM   #27
Hoss

Quote:

I have titanium retainers.... I must be cool then

Comp Retainers

Here you go just incase you need to know what titanium parts look like LOLOLOLOL

http://www.prideintheride.com/brad/v..._project_3.mpg
Old 02-17-2003, 03:06 PM   #28
Civic98

Quote:

easier said thand done........if u wanna make it a ferrari eater u better have $50K to spend on it i don't think u can get that much by the time ur 18.
Old 02-17-2003, 04:09 PM   #29
OPAKRACING

Quote:
Originally posted by SVT Cobra
the only ignorant person here is you child.
guess what, when you turn 18, you don't magically have money. lol. RSX isnt the car to start with if youre lookin to make something fast. "titanium parts" lmao. don't get too technical. you're gonna need more than forged pistons and a turbocharger on that car. that engine isnt gonna take too kindly to 20 psi and 150 Shot of nitrous you fool. what about suspension. you know you have to be able to stop too? you seem to be really clueless when it comes to building a car. an RSX lol... get real man. when youre 18 youre gonna have the same shitty civic or you may have a 99 integra by then. unless mommy and daddy buy you everything or you win the lotto or you have no social life and save every penny, you won't be owning a "domestic/ferarri killer" lol. i bet i know a whole lot more than you do. shouldnt you be in school ? or is this a free period? lol

Yes, if i get a 3.5 or better, then my grandfather is going to buy me a car when i graduate....OMG! you are the stupidest idiot....durr, thats why you DON'T run it at 20 psi, lmao! You really want me to list ALL the things i am doing to the car, i have no idea what every single part is i'm going to buy. I am planning on brakes you fuk head...i'm not going to list all the parts i'm putting on it, but i listed some of the ones that would make a huge difference. Don't be a jealous fuk, cuz its really annoying....its ski week. What would you reccomend for a fast car....I am not looking for a domestic...I want an import, and i like the way the RSX looks, and it has good power for a 4 cylander. All you rely on to dis me is the twisting of what i said. so plz, as i stated before, go kill yurself.
Old 02-17-2003, 04:11 PM   #30
OPAKRACING

Quote:
Originally posted by Civic98
easier said thand done........if u wanna make it a ferrari eater u better have $50K to spend on it i don't think u can get that much by the time ur 18.

I know its gunna take time, i'm getting the car when i'm 18, it will take time to get the money for the parts tho.
Old 02-17-2003, 04:26 PM   #31
Hoss

Quote:
Yes, if i get a 3.5 or better, then my grandfather is going to buy me a car when i graduate....OMG! you are the stupidest idiot....durr, thats why you DON'T run it at 20 psi, lmao! You really want me to list ALL the things i am doing to the car, i have no idea what every single part is i'm going to buy. I am planning on brakes you fuk head...i'm not going to list all the parts i'm putting on it, but i listed some of the ones that would make a huge difference. Don't be a jealous fuk, cuz its really annoying....its ski week. What would you reccomend for a fast car....I am not looking for a domestic...I want an import, and i like the way the RSX looks, and it has good power for a 4 cylander. All you rely on to dis me is the twisting of what i said. so plz, as i stated before, go kill yurself.

Dude if your gonna get a car... get a WRX STI (300 HP stock)

This way you won't piss so much money away into a RSX to get it to run a 15 LOLOLOLOL or even get a regular WRX they'll be cheaper now that the STI is out. Do some small turbo upgrades boom you have yourself a nice 13 second car there thats AWD. I heard rumors of stock STI's running high 12s too

Its always easier to start with a car thats already fast

I'll tell ya right now too, your gonna get slapped in the face with reality once your out of high school. Things get alot different, your gonna see yourself with alot more bills and other things that you'll need money for.
Old 02-17-2003, 04:32 PM   #32
OPAKRACING

I will be living at home

Yes, it'd be easier, but then anyone with a STi could race me and keep up....hmm, nvm, lol. I jsut want a car that I can put a lot of money into and not be dissappointed. If the STI didn't have the rubo from teh factory, how much HP would it have? if its below 200, then the obvious thing to do is go with the RSX and it'll be very fast.

i dunno, what do you guys think? everyone except SVT.
Old 02-17-2003, 04:35 PM   #33
OPAKRACING

I can't find the STI on the Subaru website.....grr
Old 02-17-2003, 06:11 PM   #34
Hoss

http://impreza.subaru.com/microsites...sti/wrxsti.jsp
Old 02-17-2003, 06:33 PM   #35
SVT Cobra

Quote:
I will be living at home

Yes, it'd be easier, but then anyone with a STi could race me and keep up....hmm, nvm, lol. I jsut want a car that I can put a lot of money into and not be dissappointed. If the STI didn't have the rubo from teh factory, how much HP would it have? if its below 200, then the obvious thing to do is go with the RSX and it'll be very fast.

i dunno, what do you guys think? everyone except SVT.

lol lol lol... dude, the rsx sucks.... just cuz it "looks good" doesnt mean it's a good car with potential. the WRX is a good practical car that i can drive everyday and guess what, they can run high 12's with full exhaust, chip, intake and boost controller. but im not worried about having a FAST car anymore cuz it doesnt really get you anywhere but into a tree. u can total ur car in second like i did. ur insurance goes up and u lose a lot of money in the end. the RSX is front wheel drive for christ's sake. if u plan on making a FAST car, go with a trans am, a cobra, a wrx, lancer evo 8, rx-7, supra, 3000GT(even tho i hate them)... at least those cars are all decent stock and have potential with minor upgrades. you will can dump $5000 into the RSX and run 14.0's, maybe a 13.8. it's not about factory horsepower ratings you goon.. its about potential if ur trying to make a fast car. ps. there will be much better cars out in 2 years. save ur money for a real car to build and have daily driver.
Old 02-17-2003, 06:48 PM   #36
OPAKRACING

Quote:
Originally posted by SVT Cobra
lol lol lol... dude, the rsx sucks.... just cuz it "looks good" doesnt mean it's a good car with potential. the WRX is a good practical car that i can drive everyday and guess what, they can run high 12's with full exhaust, chip, intake and boost controller. but im not worried about having a FAST car anymore cuz it doesnt really get you anywhere but into a tree. u can total ur car in second like i did. ur insurance goes up and u lose a lot of money in the end. the RSX is front wheel drive for christ's sake. if u plan on making a FAST car, go with a trans am, a cobra, a wrx, lancer evo 8, rx-7, supra, 3000GT(even tho i hate them)... at least those cars are all decent stock and have potential with minor upgrades. you will can dump $5000 into the RSX and run 14.0's, maybe a 13.8. it's not about factory horsepower ratings you goon.. its about potential if ur trying to make a fast car. ps. there will be much better cars out in 2 years. save ur money for a real car to build and have daily driver.

Now there is some positive and constructive advice, thank you. the WRX sti does have a 2.5 liter engine compared to the RSX's 2.0 liter. Also...i assume the STi comes with turbo?
Old 02-17-2003, 06:53 PM   #37
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Now there is some positive and constructive advice, thank you. the WRX sti does have a 2.5 liter engine compared to the RSX's 2.0 liter. Also...i assume the STi comes with turbo?

Man, the STI will kill the RSX in every category.. Yes it has turbo, yes it has upgraded suspension.. YES! it is bad ass!
Old 02-17-2003, 06:58 PM   #38
SVT Cobra

Quote:

wrx= 2.0 with turbo
sti = 2.5 with turbo

only advantage sti really has is the displacement. other than that the cars can basicaly be made equally capable in performance. if i could afford the STi i would have gotten one. $35000 isn't pocket change. i got mine for $21400 which includes registration and taxes. i am 18 and have basically no money for mods or anything but oh well. so have fun making your race car cuz paying for the car itself is hard enough.
Old 02-17-2003, 07:01 PM   #39
OPAKRACING

thats where gramps come in SVT

Hey, can you upgrade the STi's exhaust/intake/manifold/intercooler and some other stuff even more than it already is stock?

cuz i don't wanna have a car that is done, cars is my hobby, i love to supe um up
Old 02-17-2003, 07:12 PM   #40
SVT Cobra

you can upgrade anything.... bigger intercooler, maybe a front mount. even a larger turbo, though you prob wouldnt need it. get a cold air intake. get an electronic boost controller and a chip then have it tuned. port and polish the intake, change the exhaust (not sure what it comes with, may not need to even bother). that car is already sick from the factory.. u dont need to do much. but with those mods above... then n20.... easy easy 10's. forged pistons and rods may be needed but that thing will move.