::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Hybrid
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2001, 09:36 PM   #1
nic6paul

what do you all think of the b18b

whats up im new here and just thought id ask you guys what you thought would give me the best results and be the easiest swap for me to do. ill have around two grand this spring saved up and i wanna drop either a b18b or a b16a first gen into my 94 hatch si. ive done a lot of reading about these swaps but i still have many questions such as which axles, mounts and what engine setup would be the best to do im just lookin for a moderatly quick car. thanks alot and im glad i found this place its very infomational
nic
Old 11-11-2001, 09:53 PM   #2
slowEJ6

b18b is great if you ever plan on goin turbo down the road, seeing as how it can handle a good 13psi on stock internals (not for daily driving, mind you) but it can handle more psi stock than a dohc vtec motor can.
but if you plan on building up the motor, i suggest the B16.
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2001, 12:22 AM   #3
OneDopeTeg

I hate the B18B.....my personal opinion.....unless its turbocharged....then its cool.....as for N/A it just dont really cut it.
Old 11-12-2001, 12:37 AM   #4
slowEJ6

Quote:
Originally posted by OneDopeTeg
I hate the B18B.....my personal opinion.....unless its turbocharged....then its cool.....as for N/A it just dont really cut it.
yeah, i agree, the b18b is garbage if yer not goin turbo. thats my opinion of course, some swear by the b18b.....but if yer gonna stay NA or go built up FI - B16 is the motor of choice and if yer just gonna go with a turbo and no building up, b18b ownz.
Old 11-12-2001, 12:48 AM   #5
OneDopeTeg

the B16 in my opinion is one of the best engines out there especially for the price/availability.....it accepts mods very well and makes great power when modded.
Old 11-12-2001, 07:20 AM   #6
nic6paul

well it looks like the b16a gets the vote. ill probably try and make a first generation fit in my car with a hasport kit. since the first gen can be had for cheap i think ill take that.
Old 11-12-2001, 01:48 PM   #7
slowEJ6

Quote:
Originally posted by nic6paul
well it looks like the b16a gets the vote. ill probably try and make a first generation fit in my car with a hasport kit. since the first gen can be had for cheap i think ill take that.
just make sure the engine is in good condition and get all the paperwork on it so theres no hassles later on down the road with any legalities n such.
Old 11-12-2001, 06:58 PM   #8
nic6paul

anyone know a respectable source to get the first gen b16a. also does anyone think this swap can be done under 2000? i was told i could do it for that i plan to swap it myself. granted i dont know much about swappin motors i wanna learn my self just so i can hold my head hi and say i did this. also if anyone has done this can you give me your list for parts i need to get or replace. thanks so very much for your replies
nic
Old 11-12-2001, 07:53 PM   #9
OneDopeTeg

K watanabe In california has the B16A for $1200 but I guess that is pretty much the price everywhere.
Old 11-12-2001, 09:00 PM   #10
slowEJ6

http://hybrid.honda-perf.org may be able to help you with a list of what you'll need. get a helms manual for your car and the car that had the b16 in it, it'll help you immensely ::