Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2003, 12:32 PM   #41
Slip

Quote:
Originally posted by SVT Cobra
mach 1 has done 13.4 and hit highj 12's on drag radials STOCK. dont go by what magazines say... PLEASE. 96-98 cobra's have hit 13.7 stock with 305 hp. 99 & 01 hit 13.5 with 320hp.
and the 03 is brand new still so it will have some problems... its mainly an over heating prob. ford fixes it tho. that car is still real good.

I call BS on all that shit you just said.....So you tryin to tell me that a stock non-supercharged Cobra is faster than a stock Camaro SS????.....I think not.

I know your a Mustang man an all but your numbers are quite optimisic from the actual facts.

The 96-98 Cobras runs low 14's, the 99-00 Cobras run 14 flat, and the mid 94-95 Cobras were running high 14's. It pretty widely known that Ford f*cked up on the early 90's Cobra's(along with the 94-98GT's) and alot of mid 90's to late 90'sCobras suffered from missing hp from the factory. Many Cobra owners reported this, even magazine companies reported this on their road test. This problem was not fixed untill 99.
Old 01-04-2003, 03:57 PM   #42
ford50forlife
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by Slip
I call BS on all that shit you just said.....So you tryin to tell me that a stock non-supercharged Cobra is faster than a stock Camaro SS????.....I think not.

I know your a Mustang man an all but your numbers are quite optimisic from the actual facts.

The 96-98 Cobras runs low 14's, the 99-00 Cobras run 14 flat, and the mid 94-95 Cobras were running high 14's. It pretty widely known that Ford f*cked up on the early 90's Cobra's(along with the 94-98GT's) and alot of mid 90's to late 90'sCobras suffered from missing hp from the factory. Many Cobra owners reported this, even magazine companies reported this on their road test. This problem was not fixed untill 99.

yea unfortunately new cobras non supercharged do do mid 13's, ive seen it at ENGLISHTOWN NEW JERSEY, and even car + driver, and ROad and track verify it.... sorry about the ls1 though, mags only say it does high 13's but stock you can get 12's out of em....
the late 96-98 cobras only did 14.0 stock... havent seen 13's outta em.. but ive actually seen a sprayed 97 mystic cobra at the track only do 13.7 LOFL with a 50shot....

and as for the mid 90's COBRAs... they were UNDERRATED, YES UNDERRATED..... because the stock 5.0 had 225hp AND RESPONDS WELL TO MODS, the COBRA VERSION OF THE MOTOR HAD a bigger CAM( MORE HP), GT-40 HEADS (MORE HP), 1.72 roller rockers for .30 more lift (MORE HP), and FRPP cobra 5.0 intake manifold upper andlower (MORE HP)..... so your on drugs if you think CAM, INTAKE, AND HEADS give only 20 hp.....

the missing hp can be found in the 99 only cobras INTAKE MANIFOLD which explains the LACK OF 00 COBRAS DRIVING AROUND.... CAUSE THERE ARE NONE! FORD TAKES PRIDE IN quality and will go to that extent to help save face even if they lose massive money

UNLIKE CHEVY ON THE OTHER HAND that let people die before going to court and then ARGUEING and then finally changing on there own anyway... (ANYONE REMEMBER THE PICKUP TRUCKS WITH THE GAS TANK OVER THE FRAME RAILS???)

you act like you know about ford but you actually need to do your homework...

2640lbs with full tank minus me w/ 302cid
check out the crustang and 88 cherokee @
www.cardomain.com/id/ford50forlife
ford50forlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2003, 06:16 PM   #43
SVT Cobra

Quote:
Originally posted by Slip

ive seen slips.. go check out a mustang forum.... 96-98 have gone 13's. ford even claimed a 13.9. 99 cobra had the intake problem. so none were made in 00 except for the R. then 01 had all the bugs fixed and easily hit mid 13's. 96-98 GTs, well they just plain suck. the 5.0's all have potential and so does the dohc 4.6. as for Trans Ams and camaros.... don't go by what magazines say. me and dan saw a 01 SS automatic do a 13.15 stock (maybe had intake, but thats it).
Old 01-04-2003, 06:34 PM   #44
Spitz

drunken racing is never good smart idea to get out of there
Old 01-04-2003, 09:45 PM   #45
lucky

Formula's run 13.2 stock, cobra's run right behind them! Magazines are ALLWAYS giving different #'s. Dont count on them. Does not matter whether its a 1997-2000 GT, they all have ran 14.5-14.8!! Ive been to the track and have personally seen them run these #'s, and they allways have exhaust work done to them. Not to get into the middle of this discusion between you two but depending on the driver you will allways get different 1/4 mile times(2-3 tenths sec.). 65% driver and 35% car gets you the good 1/4 mile times! Good luck!
Old 01-04-2003, 10:50 PM   #46
ford50forlife
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by lucky
Formula's run 13.2 stock, cobra's run right behind them! Magazines are ALLWAYS giving different #'s. Dont count on them. Does not matter whether its a 1997-2000 GT, they all have ran 14.5-14.8!! Ive been to the track and have personally seen them run these #'s, and they allways have exhaust work done to them. Not to get into the middle of this discusion between you two but depending on the driver you will allways get different 1/4 mile times(2-3 tenths sec.). 65% driver and 35% car gets you the good 1/4 mile times! Good luck!

dunno what track you go to bro but from MY experience with them, and my experiences at the track, i can tell you 99-00gt's will stomp that... stock.... funny how you keep the times just .03 seconds BEHIND your car.... i also would love to know what else you got to get a 103.2 trap... you must have like a 2.4-2.6 60 ft time and like i low to mid 9 1/8th mile.... what do you do to gain 15-17mph in the 1/4 mile with a 50 shot and boltons on a duratec motor?

Old 01-07-2003, 08:37 AM   #47
96civicFL

ok I will tell you guys what I have..............

3.9 V6
2/4drop, 2000 Durango rims, rods.pistons, tuned/polished crank, KRC port/polished heads, Double Roller chain, KRC200 Cam (200/206-504/512 112ls), Mopar R/T springs, 1.6 Mopar RR, Ported and Powedercoated intake manifold, Custom Fastman 50mm TB, 14x3 K&N, Jet stage 2 Chip, 93 HO manifolds and Y pipe, Catco cat, 3in exhaust, Flowmaster with Cuda tips, MSD6a, BlasterSS coil, MSD 8.5mm wires, asp underdrive pulley, 93 return style fuel system, 24# FMS inj, Hurst Shifter, Centerforce dual friction Clutch, 3.90 gears 1/ suregrip. Front/Rear Suspention Technque sway bars,

On a real good day with slicks and 100shot I get high 12's. With out juice and slicks. I get like mid/high 13's. My best was a 12.85@106.7mph
Old 01-07-2003, 08:42 AM   #48
96civicFL

heres my truck
Attached Images
File Type: jpg truck rear.jpg (15.6 KB, 41 views)
Old 01-07-2003, 08:43 AM   #49
96civicFL

Heres another..........

this pic did not work
Old 01-07-2003, 08:43 AM   #50
96civicFL

And another........
Attached Images
File Type: jpg truck front.jpg (17.3 KB, 38 views)
Old 01-07-2003, 08:45 AM   #51
96civicFL

Ok heres the side.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg truck rearside.jpg (17.3 KB, 34 views)
Old 01-07-2003, 05:54 PM   #52
ford50forlife
4th Gear

finally the truth comes out, and you didnt beat a 14 second mustang with a 13 second truck... shame on you

btw one quick question, whats your 60 foot time on that 12.8 run? you musta been kinda high with like a 1.9-2.0 because unless you left it out and from what i can view in the pictures
dont look like you got shit for suspension, and throwing slicks on with a drop will only help so much...

Old 01-09-2003, 12:38 PM   #53
MoneyToSpend

Quote:
Originally posted by ford50forlife
yea unfortunately new cobras non supercharged do do mid 13's, ive seen it at ENGLISHTOWN NEW JERSEY, and even car + driver, and ROad and track verify it.... sorry about the ls1 though, mags only say it does high 13's but stock you can get 12's out of em....
the late 96-98 cobras only did 14.0 stock... havent seen 13's outta em.. but ive actually seen a sprayed 97 mystic cobra at the track only do 13.7 LOFL with a 50shot....

and as for the mid 90's COBRAs... they were UNDERRATED, YES UNDERRATED..... because the stock 5.0 had 225hp AND RESPONDS WELL TO MODS, the COBRA VERSION OF THE MOTOR HAD a bigger CAM( MORE HP), GT-40 HEADS (MORE HP), 1.72 roller rockers for .30 more lift (MORE HP), and FRPP cobra 5.0 intake manifold upper andlower (MORE HP)..... so your on drugs if you think CAM, INTAKE, AND HEADS give only 20 hp.....

the missing hp can be found in the 99 only cobras INTAKE MANIFOLD which explains the LACK OF 00 COBRAS DRIVING AROUND.... CAUSE THERE ARE NONE! FORD TAKES PRIDE IN quality and will go to that extent to help save face even if they lose massive money

UNLIKE CHEVY ON THE OTHER HAND that let people die before going to court and then ARGUEING and then finally changing on there own anyway... (ANYONE REMEMBER THE PICKUP TRUCKS WITH THE GAS TANK OVER THE FRAME RAILS???)

you act like you know about ford but you actually need to do your homework...

dont forget that ford, when they were making the pinto's, used a few nuts and bolts from the 70's stang, you know, to save money. anyway, i believe it was the bolt they used from the mustang(dont know exactly where the bolt came from) was put into the pinto to be used as one of the bolts to hold onto the bumper. lets just say it was about 3in too long, but hey, ford was trying to save money. as the story goes, the first few year pinto's suffered a horrendous explosion from the gas tank everytime it was invovled in a rear end collision. let me think about this one for a moment....could it have been from the one of the bolts that held onto the bumper? maybe it peirced the gas tank in a rear end collision, causing it to spark, and igniting the fuel....i dont think ford did anything about it untill the 2nd year the pinto was out.
next issue with ford....the early to mid 70's mustang. if im not mistaken it was those years. remember when you could see the gas tank in the trunk of those stangs? what do you think happened in a rear end collision? did the fuel ignite as it was flying towards the rear seat, into the passenger compartment? i think so...when did ford correct this? not till the following year where they finally welded a steel plate over the gas tank indent in the trunk. what i am trying to say, all of the companies out there suck, domestic wise, because they are desparetly trying to keep up with the import market.
Old 01-11-2003, 03:58 PM   #54
ford50forlife
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by MoneyToSpend
dont forget that ford, when they were making the pinto's, used a few nuts and bolts from the 70's stang, you know, to save money. anyway, i believe it was the bolt they used from the mustang(dont know exactly where the bolt came from) was put into the pinto to be used as one of the bolts to hold onto the bumper. lets just say it was about 3in too long, but hey, ford was trying to save money. as the story goes, the first few year pinto's suffered a horrendous explosion from the gas tank everytime it was invovled in a rear end collision. let me think about this one for a moment....could it have been from the one of the bolts that held onto the bumper? maybe it peirced the gas tank in a rear end collision, causing it to spark, and igniting the fuel....i dont think ford did anything about it untill the 2nd year the pinto was out.
next issue with ford....the early to mid 70's mustang. if im not mistaken it was those years. remember when you could see the gas tank in the trunk of those stangs? what do you think happened in a rear end collision? did the fuel ignite as it was flying towards the rear seat, into the passenger compartment? i think so...when did ford correct this? not till the following year where they finally welded a steel plate over the gas tank indent in the trunk. what i am trying to say, all of the companies out there suck, domestic wise, because they are desparetly trying to keep up with the import market.

other than your last sentence you have some pretty valid points.... but other than Mercedes high end classes i believe (COULD BE WRONG) that the only other company that is coming out with DOD (displacement on demand) would be AMERICAN, FOOL! So how the hell are we TRYING to keep up when we can get small blocks 350+ hp and over 20mpg city....

freaking 1 post wonder..

Old 01-11-2003, 10:43 PM   #55
lucky

Ford owns 25% of the whole car market! Wouldnt bang them to hard my friend. Who do you think helped make and design award winning Jaguar s-type (3.0L)?? Ford, and only Ford can take a piece of crap car like Jag's and make them one of the top cars. Fords the only campany right know shoving Supercharged cars/trucks and all wheel drive cars out on the street! Dont down Ford for stupidity 30 years ago, not right. Sorry, had to put my two sence in for Fords!!
Old 01-12-2003, 12:47 AM   #56
Wren57

Quote:
Originally posted by lucky
. Fords the only campany right know shoving Supercharged cars/trucks and all wheel drive cars out on the street!

Did I read this correctly? There are plenty of non-ford Supercharged vehicles on the market, as well as tons of turbocharged vehicles. As for Ford knowing best about AWD, are you kidding? I would think Subaru would be king there, or actually probably Audi with Quattro. I am not aware that Ford HAS any AWD cars/trucks.
Old 01-12-2003, 09:32 AM   #57
lucky

You need to read up on Ford!!! About 80% of there cars in Europe are all wheel drive! That includes the Focus. Which reminds me, check out the new Focus coming out. As of right now i dont think anything out there compares to it, not even the Subuwhats that look like Hundai's. Dont bring up Subawhats man, yes there drivetrain is the best, but there motors have always been junk, always. And Audi, my family owns two of there top cars and they are junk. As a matter of fact the ones in the air as i speek. I will give them one thing is that they have come a long way from what they were 10 years ago. And besides i rarely down ANY European car maker, im only talking about Japanese car makers. I dont recall any Honda supercharged, prove me wrong. And if they do, can they beat the Fords supercharged trucks, nope. Oh, all wheel drive Smartrac ring a bell, thats Fords allwheel drve!!!!
Old 01-12-2003, 11:52 AM   #58
Wren57

We live in America, so talking about what they may or may not do overseas really has no merit here. And if you want to talk global, then you have got to be crazy... have you ever heard the word skyline? Im sure you have, and that thing is awesome in every aspect. Now sure you might say well thats a supercar, but it isn't in stock form. Subaru engines junk? Never heard this before. Basically, I am not bashing Ford, I think they make fine cars, but saying that they are ahead of the curve is way off base.
Old 01-12-2003, 12:54 PM   #59
ford50forlife
4th Gear

Isnt the SMARTTRAC the same system used in the escape??? if so i would brag about it in the least..

2nd what happens overseas directly affects what happens here considering most of what comes out there, finds its way here, (with the exception of your precious skyline of course ), and the fact of the matter is ford's market overseas (especially in the uk) is topnotch in damn near every category... minus the luxury market that one falls drastically short.

Id pay money to see your precious stock skyline go up against a ford cosworth stock to stock....

KEEP IN MIND STOCK TO STOCK....

Old 01-12-2003, 01:00 PM   #60
Wren57

Sure most of what happens there comes here, but normally in a much milder tuned-down form to appease the whiny car buyers in this country.
Old 01-12-2003, 01:28 PM   #61
ford50forlife
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by highlander
Sure most of what happens there comes here, but normally in a much milder tuned-down form to appease the whiny car buyers in this country.

those bastards...

Old 01-13-2003, 08:10 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally posted by 96civicFL
I got a 93 dakota reg cab shortbed 3.9 V6
I got a 3''exhaust no cat ported and polished intake and a K&N
I am doing a 2"front and 4" back drop. It will help topend speed and high speed mpg and also putting heavy duty springs in back so I can tow my Race car (dont have one yet but still looking) and I got a little 100shot of juice on it but hardly ever use it( just alittle bit of juice )

And bye the way the 96 honda civic that I say i have in my info I dont have anymore cause I totaled it. It was raining and I was goofing around and hit a tree. he he

DUDE are you serious. the 3.9 magnum will not hold up very long on a 100 shot. ( head gaskets burnt valves and pistons)

what did you do for fuel and timing with a 100 shot?

and as for running with a GT i say BS.
Old 01-13-2003, 08:15 PM   #63
ford50forlife
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by 5.9
DUDE are you serious. the 3.9 magnum will not hold up very long on a 100 shot. ( head gaskets burnt valves and pistons)

not only that but it runs 12.8's bro... watch out..

Old 01-13-2003, 10:29 PM   #64
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

OT:
Quote:
Originally posted by 5.9

Welcome to HS. And I have to say DAMN. Nice job on the truck. 14's from a truck is pretty impressive. 4x4 nonetheless.
Old 01-14-2003, 07:33 PM   #65
Mirkwo0dForest

u STANG FREAKS really piss me off. none in particualer. all. "dont go by the stats dude! my stang can get low 13s stock" then u turn around and say "look rite here! see!! civic got 17 seconds stock" jezuz..... u GT stangs need to race a real car like an SS.
Old 01-14-2003, 09:23 PM   #66

thanks for the welcome civic addict.

Old 01-15-2003, 01:57 AM   #67
ford50forlife
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by Mirkwo0dForest
u STANG FREAKS really piss me off. none in particualer. all. "dont go by the stats dude! my stang can get low 13s stock" then u turn around and say "look rite here! see!! civic got 17 seconds stock" jezuz..... u GT stangs need to race a real car like an SS.

A. any 87+ v8 stang stock is usually stuck in 14's REGARDLESS high to low if its standard, its the modded people have been known to do some crazy times with these cars because they have the best suspension for HOOKING UP from the factory, ive seen people do mid to high 5's in the 1/8TH MILE with OEM suspension and slicks... slight mods + good driver = great times, i know people with just gears ,intake and exhaust doing 12's in light fox bodies but what do you care im a stupid inbred mustang hick..

B. majority of civics run 17's you ****ing fool THERE ECONOMY YOU GODDAMN IDIOT

the mid to late 90's si's were the only GREAT exception and i actually like those cars because they are great track warriors that slightly modded can be made to run with domestic v-8's..

C. SS? whats your point.. anything modded can beat anything stock, my year was quicker that z-28's, newer ls1's are the only thing i got to worry about, and usually they blow to much tire to catch even my pathetic times. I cant wait till VEX gets his flashcard configured then ill upload my kill of me vs. the c5 vette.