Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2002, 10:28 PM   #41
VR4_Craver
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by firstgeardude
well this was a road mainly used by trucks and other machinery... its near an industrial area.. forgot to mention that the guy was crossin the street wen he had a red light

He says its used for industrial equipment and you say its a freeway type road.....im confused Care to clarify which it is??
Old 10-19-2002, 10:41 PM   #42
VR4_Craver
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by mt.biker
There are a few places like this and the other 5 we checked out were to danerous to drive on.

Robert will be quicker on the brakes and the cyclst wont be a dick and cross in a dangerous area.
Remember mike I ride my bike more then I drive, I can tell you that this cyclst (mid 30, good shape) could have hauled ass to get out of the way of the car. But he didn't. next time he will. Now he has learn. Just as their are bad drivers they are bad bikers, he was one of them. I have almost lost my life on a few occations to cars when I've been riding, but it has never been because i wasn't trying to get out of the way. This cyclist was in the wrong!

I will correct firstgeardude it wasn't raining the sun was coming out from a night of rain. The streets we wet, not oil and drying.

I dont know about everyone else but i think i would have to say that both sides are right and wrong. Im not sure of laws in canada but i think that pedestrians have the right away over cars. And that maybe the biker didnt see the cars coming or was listening to music or something. BUT v8 didnt have the right to generalize all honda owners as "ricers" granted both sides are wrong. BUT look at it this way: If YOU were that cyclists (or friend or family) how would you feel being put in that exact same situation? And as for the drying road thing isnt it know in canada that roads are slickest with in the first minutes of raining and last minutes of drying?
Old 10-19-2002, 10:53 PM   #43
VR4_Craver
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by juvenile
Another argument provided by V8killimports.

What I don't get is that you said the girl was killed right by your house right? Not in an industrial place. BINGO (light bulb moment!), maybe that was the reason, it was a residential zone.
Second, did I hear you say you street raced when you were young? So why argue? Just because you stopped doesn't mean we should follow your example! Who are you to tell us what to do?
And what a ignorant question on the driving license in Canada. Shows again on how you like to judge other people. (You should know what I'm talking about!)

Juvinile i am surprised at you. usually you are intelligent about things like this. I am not one to judge nor tell you what to do but all V8 is trying to do is save a life by sharing past experiences with us and everyone is taking offense to this. He USED to meaning he learned about what can happen. I understand his reasoning about judging people. What was put in the opeing post of this thread prove to be contradicting posts. One says the road is used for industrial uses and the other says that its a highway type road. Granted that cyclist had no reason to be there but still as far as i know pedestrian have the right away. That is the reason it is illegal for cyclists to be on the freeway but if that road is indeed a highway type road where he is not supposed to be is killing him a reasonable punishment for him? The next time you take a wrong turn you should be killed is what would happen if the death of that cyclist for making a mistake should happen to him.
Old 10-19-2002, 11:08 PM   #44
AzCivic

So if a cyclist or pedestrian jumps out in the road or crosses the road in the dark, I'm going to go to jail if i hit him? I dont think so. 130km/hr is not that fast.

Damn that 94 si is Honda's finest!not.
Its just a regular civic.
Old 10-19-2002, 11:25 PM   #45
V8killimports

Quote:
Originally posted by V8killimports
I see people talk about racing all the time here and don't say anything.. but when people talk about "stupid cyclist got in my way or street racing"... like I said.. typical ricer attitued.. I have learned from this site that you import guys are not all ricers, and in fact few are.. but the guys who started this thread along with juv, have ricer attitudes, and are known as ricers.

VR4.. read above.. I did not generalize all honda guys as ricers.. not anymore, but these few "street racers" that contributed to this post are ricers.

And AZ I told you the honda was my beater.. if you are trying to make fun of my honda I do it all the time. look here for my car..

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/michaelmo...+Chevy&.view=t
Old 10-19-2002, 11:27 PM   #46
V8killimports

And whether he had the right of way fo not, you could easily be subject to manslaughter charges if you were speeding.
Old 10-19-2002, 11:32 PM   #47
AzCivic

I was responding to your remark earlier saying the it was Honda's beast or something. I thought you were confusing it with the newer (not the one they have out now) SI.

Who would know you were speeding? Can they tell by how far the body flies whether or not you were going 20 over?
Old 10-19-2002, 11:33 PM   #48
mt.biker

Quote:
VR4.. read above.. I did not generalize all honda guys as ricers.. not anymore, but these few "street racers" that contributed to this post are ricers.

And AZ I told you the honda was my beater.. if you are trying to make fun of my honda I do it all the time. look here for my car..

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/michaelmo...+Chevy&.view=t

why do you call us ricers? Because we drive Asian cars? Should I start calling you trailer park white trash because you drive a ford?

Old 10-19-2002, 11:33 PM   #49
OPAKRACING

Hahah, you have your stickers waiting?

why would you wanna be a ricer? lol, they got shitty cars.
Faster=better!

don't waist a perfectly good Si.

Old 10-19-2002, 11:43 PM   #50
V8killimports

Quote:
Originally posted by OPAKRACING
Hahah, you have your stickers waiting?

why would you wanna be a ricer? lol, they got shitty cars.
Faster=better!

don't waist a perfectly good Si.

My oh my... waist? Come on..please. And I was being sarcastic about it being a beast. That means I was joking. I call you 2 ricers because of your "stupid cyclist my road get outa my way cause I am a street racing fool" attitude.

And I drive a ford?? That's news to me.
Old 10-19-2002, 11:43 PM   #51
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by AzCivic
Who would know you were speeding? Can they tell by how far the body flies whether or not you were going 20 over?

Yes thats is how they tell, also by skid marks

Old 10-19-2002, 11:49 PM   #52
AzCivic

Quote:
And I was being sarcastic about it being a beast. That means I was joking.

It would have made more sense if everyone thought that car Was a beast but since no one does I didnt catch it.
Old 10-19-2002, 11:49 PM   #53
mt.biker

Quote:
My oh my... waist? Come on..please. And I was being sarcastic about it being a beast. That means I was joking. I call you 2 ricers because of your "stupid cyclist my road get outa my way cause I am a street racing fool" attitude.

And I drive a ford?? That's news to me.

ah well you know what i mean, you drive a bloody domestic!

Old 10-19-2002, 11:51 PM   #54
AzCivic

Quote:
Yes thats is how they tell, also by skid marks

Are they really that good? Anyway i dont think you'd go to jail unless they could prove you were going Way over the speed limit, or you did a hit and run. But then again I'm no attorney so whatever.
Old 10-19-2002, 11:53 PM   #55
V8killimports

Yea nothing like those hondas back in '57 huh?? Those are sweet. I guess I am just a damned fool for buying my car.. wierd thing is I bought it for less than yours when your car was new.. even funnier is that it's worth 2-3x your car now. And still funnier is it will be worth more tomorrow while yours will be worth less.
Old 10-19-2002, 11:55 PM   #56
mt.biker

Quote:
Yes you are a ricer.. all of you.. and don't we wish you would learn something from this?

well then you must call anyone who races once and a while on the streets a ricer, as i have done NOTHING to my machine!

Old 10-19-2002, 11:59 PM   #57
V8killimports

Quote:
well then you must call anyone who races once and a while on the streets a ricer, as i have done NOTHING to my machine!

Yes they would be ricers.. and so are you.. sorry but it's true ricer.
Old 10-20-2002, 12:04 AM   #58
juvenile

Quote:
Well just another typical ricer attitude.. "Street racing is cool.. I own the street therefore if anyone is in my way it's their fault". Got put some big gay stickers on your triple decker wing juv.

Have you even seen my car before jumping to conclusions and being an ignorant person?
It's STOCK. BONE STOCK. Ever hear of such a thing.
Oh yeah, I got blue license plat covers...sue me asshole.
No wing, no altezzas nothing. STOCK!
Facts dude, that's waht it all comes down too, common sense, facts and knowledge.

Just because I posted some pic you judge me that a ricer? Or that I defend my friends who I know WAY better than you, you call me a ricer?
And then you have the decency to say you know it all? Because that is the attitude you are putting out on the board. You're like a bully throwing sand around in a kindergarden class when the other kids don't want to fight but play nice. Yet you keep throwing the sand. GROW UP!

Old 10-20-2002, 12:07 AM   #59
V8killimports

Pic? wtf are you talking about? And you really don't grasp it do you? You even quoted me, but you still talk about how your car is stock.. yadda yadda yadda... take a step back and reread what I posted before...
Old 10-20-2002, 12:10 AM   #60
AzCivic

Apparently according to V8 anyone who races on the street is either a ricer or hick. Doesnt make much sense but oh well.
Old 10-20-2002, 12:11 AM   #61
mt.biker

Quote:
Yea nothing like those hondas back in '57 huh?? Those are sweet. I guess I am just a damned fool for buying my car.. wierd thing is I bought it for less than yours when your car was new.. even funnier is that it's worth 2-3x your car now. And still funnier is it will be worth more tomorrow while yours will be worth less.

to somepeople its not about the money. Somepeople enjoy the smooth quiet ride that comes with owning a nice car.

Old 10-20-2002, 12:12 AM   #62
V8killimports

Quote:
Apparently according to V8 anyone who races on the street is either a ricer or hick. Doesnt make much sense but oh well.

This is the last time I am posting this... his attitude was the "the road belongs to me stupic cyclist get the **** out of my wat cause I am a badass street racer" attitude... that = ricer.. please write it down...
Old 10-20-2002, 12:13 AM   #63
mt.biker

V8 dude i'm sorry it comes down to such child like behavoir with you, so here goes my attempt to be more like you!

Old 10-20-2002, 12:13 AM   #64
AzCivic

Quote:

Back then those cars depreciated in value just like any other car.
Old 10-20-2002, 12:13 AM   #65
mt.biker

Quote:
This is the last time I am posting this... his attitude was the "the road belongs to me stupic cyclist get the **** out of my wat cause I am a badass street racer" attitude... that = ricer.. please write it down...

Thanks for leaving, how about not coming back?

Old 10-20-2002, 12:15 AM   #66
AzCivic

Quote:

Its not like they saw the moron and sped up, yelling crap out the window.
Old 10-20-2002, 12:17 AM   #67
V8killimports

Quote:
Back then those cars depreciated in value just like any other car.

True but no cars today are being considered classics..
Old 10-20-2002, 12:20 AM   #68
V8killimports

Quote:
Thanks for leaving, how about not coming back?

Like I said you told everyone you were leaving a while back.. I went out to celebrate and everything... then to find out it was all for nothing
Old 10-20-2002, 12:20 AM   #69
juvenile

Ummm, just because of what you think a ricer is, do we have to go by it? Are you webster or something? I mean, it's like saying "everyone who has a domestic is a dumbass or trailerpark trahs (like biker said)"
This was like one race withing like 2-3 months for these peopel and they looked for a pretty good place to do it.
Also, did I anywhere in this post say I was there racing? So even by your conclusion, that you said that anyone racing on the streets is a ricer.....do you see ANYWHERE in this thread saying I was racing. You see you jump to conclusions without even thinking.
Which is what I was trying to prove in that other post too.
And what you think isn't excatly what the whole world should go by.

Old 10-20-2002, 12:23 AM   #70
juvenile

Also, you did say something that you were racing up until the accident.
You are telling me that no one ever told you not to street race and that it's dangerous before the accident happened?
Did you listen, because by what you said, you only stopped AFTER that accident. What happened? Did you think you were unstoppable too or what?

Old 10-20-2002, 12:24 AM   #71
AzCivic

Quote:
True but no cars today are being considered classics..

Were those cars being considered classics back in the 50's and 60's??????????? I dont think so.
Old 10-20-2002, 12:28 AM   #72
firstgeardude

Quote:
Like I said you told everyone you were leaving a while back.. I went out to celebrate and everything... then to find out it was all for nothing

Im so sorry that you wasted your time..... actually i don't give a shit to what you have to say anymore...
neither does anyone else for that matter.. thanks for stopping by!!

re pic: LMAO

Old 10-20-2002, 12:30 AM   #73
V8killimports

Show me any classic japanese car.... (classic mean older than 20 ro 25 years.. I forget which)
Old 10-20-2002, 12:32 AM   #74
mt.biker

Quote:
Show me any classic japanese car.... (classic mean older than 20 ro 25 years.. I forget which)

GO AWAY!

Old 10-20-2002, 12:35 AM   #75
AzCivic

Quote:

What do you define a classic as?? An old car? And old car worth more than when it was new?? A car that alot of people like?? A car that gets 10miles per gallon has a 80/20 weight ratio and is slowly rusting??
Old 10-20-2002, 12:41 AM   #76
V8killimports

my car weighs about 3200#.. no rust at all.. less than yours in fact.. Find me an old honda worth money is what I should say.. that people pay more than $500 for...
Old 10-20-2002, 12:44 AM   #77
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

TURNED TO PERSONAL BASHING

CLOSED

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
Closed Thread