::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2002, 10:36 AM   #1
325i

help with radio antenna

hey all, my girlfriend broke her radio antenna from a 93 accord.

i was wondering if any one knows how hard/easy it is to replace that manual antenna? does any one know where i could find a DIY.

I don't own a honda so i'm not familiar with what web resources there are out there, or DIY web sites. there's a bunch out there for my 325 and i was hoping that some of you guys had some similar websites and info sharing since i think honda owners are about as fanatical about their cars as the nissan and bmw owners. (my prev car was a maxima)

thanks!
Old 06-14-2002, 11:12 PM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

yeah man it's pretty easy to do, but it will be a pain to take the old one out. personally i don't like the autoamtic antenas on the accords. they are so tall. i repl;aced mine with a universal fit antena for $10, and the reception is better. all you need to do is rebove the old antenna, by breaking the upper cap, and unplug the 2 wires behind the trunk liner. then if i remeber well there are 2 screws holding the antenna up. after removing those two the antena should come out. put the new antenna in, and you might have to cut the antenna wire and tap into the old wire. it's pretty straight forward.

and the fanatism: read my name

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote