::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2002, 01:00 PM   #1
9092002SI

2002 SI vs. 91 integra RS

this guys car was totally guted and he had a 98 LS engine in it port and polished and fully rebulit and we went off and i beat him first and he started to pull on me around second and only if i had a higher red line i could take him stock but he beat me by half a car. all i need is intake and i think that i can take him.i will be looking for him later on in the months.
Old 05-07-2002, 07:36 PM   #2
FLAT_LINER

did u know the guy? if not then there is no way u could know if it was port and polished and had a rebuilt engine and plus i think he would beat u by more than half a car length
Old 05-07-2002, 09:26 PM   #3
TruHeel142

Re: 2002 SI vs. 91 integra RS

Quote:
Originally posted by 9092002SI
this guys car was totally guted and he had a 98 LS engine in it port and polished and fully rebulit and we went off and i beat him first and he started to pull on me around second and only if i had a higher red line i could take him stock but he beat me by half a car. all i need is intake and i think that i can take him.i will be looking for him later on in the months.

Trust me when I say, intake alone does basically nothing. As soon as I put on my aem cai, I thought it'd be a huge difference...IT WASN'T. Just an intake will probably get u anywhere from 2-4 hp....and thats not very noticable and probably won't help ya at all against that other guy u raced.
Old 05-30-2002, 08:00 AM   #4
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Close.... But with the things you mentioned, you may need more than an intake.

Personally, when I put my CAI on I noticed a nice difference. And its actually more like 8-10 hp (at least on the DOHC VTEC Si). According to the the dynos anyhow.....
Old 05-30-2002, 09:20 AM   #5
ShEaNy

how much horse do u have? i think the integra would have won by a bit more if his engine was port and polish and rebuilt
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 11:36 AM   #6
blownteggy

you need more than a intake to take on a fully built motor. good job though
Old 06-01-2002, 04:34 AM   #7
toykilla

Quote:
Originally posted by blownteggy
you need more than a intake to take on a fully built motor. good job though

Im still wondering what fully rebuilt motor means...I can spend $1000 and fully rebuild my motor with the some compression pistons and it will NOT ADD ANYTHING!!! If he rebuilt with lower compression he lost power. Fully rebuilding with higher compression and he will get some decent gains but nothing special. The higher compression will also kill his chances for a turbo if he ever needs more power unless he wants to rebuild a perfectly good motor again.
Old 06-01-2002, 04:51 AM   #8
4jacks

Quote:
Originally posted by sheany_91accord
how much horse do u have? i think the integra would have won by a bit more if his engine was port and polish and rebuilt

stock 2002 Si = 160 Hp

Happy Honda'ing
4jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2002, 01:58 AM   #9
monkut

To get an idea of what an intake will really do for you just look at the dyno testing that magazines have done. Import Tuner for example did a column called "2001 import tuner top 10 power page products of the year award" In it:
-AEM cold air intake: 6hp on '00 civic si
-Injen intake:11hp on '99 eclipse gs-t
-Hayame intake: 5.2hp on '01 civic ex
-XS intake: 13.9hp on '02 WRX

keep in mind they chose products which made very good hp numbers for a particular car, not just which made the most power straight up. If that was the case they would have tested all products on, say a supra. But what they're trying to do is show the best products for a wider range of vehicles because what works best on a supra probably won't work best on a civic si like yours.
Old 06-06-2002, 12:49 PM   #10
blownteggy

Quote:
Originally posted by toykilla

Im still wondering what fully rebuilt motor means
i wrote fully BUILT. for example: PnP, 5-7 angle valve job, port matched intake mani and exhaust mani, higher comp. pistons(all motor application), cams, cam gears, JE rods, resleeved motor, balanced, and blueprinted motor, new rings, bored to 84mm, etc.