.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Is that tight or what?
Whatever 7 33.33%
I almost believe you 5 23.81%
I believe you 5 23.81%
I've been in a Civilude and know the true power of them, i know you'da got him! 4 19.05%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2002, 02:34 PM   #41
Shophear95

Actually quarter mile time doesn't matter in a highway race, it's your trap speed. since I see you trapping at 99mph (unless you haven't updated your sig) and a stock vette would be trapping about 109. stock ls1's trap 106. by that logic a car trapping 99 wouldn't stand a chance against a car trapping close to 110, unless they couldn't drive

Old 03-19-2002, 03:23 PM   #42
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

well, i own a h22, and i can say i pull HARD upto 135mph, thats the speed i LET OFF at, it had balls to keep going, but it kinda gets freaky at that speed. and seeing 6800rpms on the speedo in 5th gear is a site to see. i'd give the lude 148-150 top end. im not possitive, but im just stating from personal experiences, that the h22 donsnt get exausted high up in speed. i bet with the right gearing, downforce, and traction, 160 wouldnt be a problem. i was around 6800rpms i belive at 135mph, i may be wrong, cause i was more focused on the road than my dash, but i know i saw 135mph the rpms were between 6500 and 6800 i think, i was gonna try to pin it, but it was just too fast. in a hatch, which is a lighter car than my tank, i can see no reason why he WOULDNT be pullin hard upto redline.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
Old 03-19-2002, 03:25 PM   #43
JaY D. Em

YES! H22 Power!!!

Old 03-19-2002, 03:27 PM   #44
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

jdm- i see you have rsr headers.... those are quite a nice peice you got there, i'll trade you my dc's for them

Old 03-19-2002, 03:37 PM   #45
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

oh ive driven gsr's and civic si's i can tell you they wine out much lower than a h22, my boy has a SI with i/h/e/clutch/flywheel/fpr/all basic bolt ons basicaly, and he's got a 65 shot. we go dead even from a 60mph roll. i'll take him if we launch. trust me, h22's have alot of upper power, his h22a is 200hp 161lb-ft mines only 190hp 158lb-ft. stock all power is made up in the higher rpms also, the tq peak is 6500rpms and the hp is 6800 so at the near top of 5th gear, he's pumping out him prime power.

Old 03-19-2002, 03:51 PM   #46
JaY D. Em

Quote:
Originally posted by 4thGenlude
jdm- i see you have rsr headers.... those are quite a nice peice you got there, i'll trade you my dc's for them

Hahaha, well, actually... I got it for 75 dollars... The person that sold the motor to the shop neglected to tell them it didn't have an exaust manifold so the guy said you can have this used RSR header for $150. The shop and i split the cost down the middle. You can't beat a RSR header straight from Japan, new or used! Kinda purple lookin' right now but it'd be like that after while any way!!!

Old 03-19-2002, 04:07 PM   #47
Joe Anstett

Quote:
Originally posted by JaY D. Em
F-Bodies? Please... I don't think you've ever been in a car with this swap...

And when's the last time you were in an f-body? They run low 13s of the showroom floor. And C5 vettes should crack into the 12s off the showroom floor -- Z06s should get to the low 12s.

I took my 4000-lb (with me in it and a full tank) HEAVY-@SS convertible Trans-Am to the track with simple mods (air intake, exhaust) and ran 13.68 @ 103. No NAAAAAAAAAAAWS. Stock plus intake/exhaust in a heavy convertible with a rollbar in it.

Hey, high 13s is fast for a Civic, but it's "something is wrong with my car" territory for f-bodys and corvettes.

Joe

Old 03-19-2002, 04:20 PM   #48
Wicked_Motorcar

Quote:
Originally posted by Joe Anstett

And when's the last time you were in an f-body? They run low 13s of the showroom floor. And C5 vettes should crack into the 12s off the showroom floor -- Z06s should get to the low 12s.

I took my 4000-lb (with me in it and a full tank) HEAVY-@SS convertible Trans-Am to the track with simple mods (air intake, exhaust) and ran 13.68 @ 103. No NAAAAAAAAAAAWS. Stock plus intake/exhaust in a heavy convertible with a rollbar in it.

Hey, high 13s is fast for a Civic, but it's "something is wrong with my car" territory for f-bodys and corvettes.

Joe

Ha ha, i like the something wrong with my car part... so true! I think the import crowd sticks to their own and only really compete against each other. They swap small engines for small engines and "race" the other civic down the street. They both get bug eyed and drool when the guy with the '69 camaro w/ a rat rolls by but then they go back to "racing" eachother.

Old 03-19-2002, 04:25 PM   #49
JaY D. Em

Damn, we keep getting back to 1/4 mile times... I only posted them because some people were interested. If you want me to go for the best time i can get i'd be glad too... So maybe it's not a "somethings wrong with my car territory". I only ran it twice. And that's the first time there with that car. Didn't get to experiment with the launch or anything. I didn't have enough time to go more than 2 runs. I'll let you guys know. Don't let the times fool you. Read the whole thread before you start posting.

So you got vtec in that trans-am? I could've swore this was a honda forum... That's weird...

Old 03-19-2002, 04:30 PM   #50
gixer

omg....a prelude topping out at 150mph?.... dude..my mom has a 00 prelude, damn right she's a pimp...sure that car is all high end, ...but i know i can't crack 140mph even at sea level.... jdm...u wanna continue this discussion yet u ignore all my points of doubt.... i wanted to keep this a decent convo...but if u reread my post, you'll know who got worked up....and u know what guys, stock vettes consistently run 12's, and z06's given a good driver will do high 11's....i live at the track...i see these things everyday...

Old 03-19-2002, 04:33 PM   #51
JaY D. Em

Quote:
Originally posted by Wicked_Motorcar

Ha ha, i like the something wrong with my car part... so true! I think the import crowd sticks to their own and only really compete against each other. They swap small engines for small engines and "race" the other civic down the street. They both get bug eyed and drool when the guy with the '69 camaro w/ a rat rolls by but then they go back to "racing" eachother.

Man, i thought you left! How you gonna come on a Honda forum and talk shiet about imports? You're wasting quality disscusion/database space... You're buddies in the v8 forums flame you too much? Had to come make yourself feel better in an "import" forum?
Quote:
I think the import crowd sticks to their own and only really compete against each other.
Isn't this particular thread you decided to share your last 2 cents on about an import racing a domestic?

I'm sorry we have to keep going here my fellow Honda and import enthusiasts, but they leave me no choice when they come with their stereotypes...

Old 03-19-2002, 04:35 PM   #52
Niacin

Quote:
Yo thanks ya'll! I'm hoping to meet up with another one soon. I know it'll be a really good race if we both drop at the same time! Other than that, modified trans-ams and z28's are pretty close. I know most vette's pull like modified trans-ams and 28's. Eh, oh well, i'll meet up with one soon...

Sorry sir, but I'm raising the flag. 'round these parts, modified 00-01 F's are in the 12's. One kid is in the 11's with headers, intake, exhaust. I'm deep 13's on the motor, and 12's on spray.

Quote:
As for other kills...
Dead even with a modded trans-am and z28...
Pulled a stock trans-am...

k...see above. Although, I do agree with you on the Mustang part. But, it's the street. Anything can happen.

Max

Old 03-19-2002, 04:42 PM   #53
gixer

Quote:
No Gixer, please don't go! I'm having so much fun here! Of course you're done arguing with me... Everything you said has had nothing to do with my original post... And everything you've said in accordance to my posts against you have proved zero! So now that you've finished arguing with me on how i can't hang with a vette in which you have zero proof on and have made YOURSELF look like a fool We can get back to the original post...

And accord man, i wasn't gonna say anthing much about the whole mph post but since you thought it was cool, i'll address it...

How the HELL can he determine what my speedometer reads and what the corvette's speedometer reads? He had a radar gone? Oh, he was magically in both cars! I didn't think it was a good point at all but i guess i should address it if you thought so. I guess. You still sore about earlier posts? Why accord man? WHYYYYYYYY?!!?!?!?!?! hahaha, juss messin' man...

why would i wanna prove u wrong?.... i threw some questions at you in which none of them were logically explained, thats why i couldn't believe a word of what u said....if you don't feel the need to prove yourself...then why bother?... you're obviously full of shit... u use insults as your defense mechanism, simply because u need time to go look up the facts....now what?... u ran twice...clocked a high 13 sec run and u think u can do better?.... tell me....what times are u expecting to see next...low 12's? corvette times?... how is it possible that u pulled a 13 sec run, with a bad launch...on a near stock h22?.... get your lies straight...cuz ur slipping.

Old 03-19-2002, 04:44 PM   #54
JaY D. Em

Quote:
Originally posted by gixer
omg....a prelude topping out at 150mph?.... dude..my mom has a 00 prelude, damn right she's a pimp...sure that car is all high end, ...but i know i can't crack 140mph even at sea level.... jdm...u wanna continue this discussion yet u ignore all my points of doubt.... i wanted to keep this a decent convo...but if u reread my post, you'll know who got worked up....and u know what guys, stock vettes consistently run 12's, and z06's given a good driver will do high 11's....i live at the track...i see these things everyday...

hahaha, how's the rent there? And again, why do we keep going back to the track, you're starting to get annoying man. It was almost back to civilized. And who the fukk said my car tops out at 150, not me! I think the guy that mentioned 150 was talking about a prelude motor in a hatch... We could just make that #7. I thought you were done "arguing"? You're so gay. People like you can't go without having the last word... You know what i'm talking about. The people who lose arguments... The one's that can't let it just be...

Old 03-19-2002, 04:47 PM   #55
gixer

Quote:

hahaha, how's the rent there? And again, why do we keep going back to the track, you're starting to get annoying man. It was almost back to civilized. And who the fukk said my car tops out at 150, not me! I think the guy that mentioned 150 was talking about a prelude motor in a hatch... We could just make that #7. I thought you were done "arguing"? You're so gay. People like you can't go without having the last word... You know what i'm talking about. The people who lose arguments... The one's that can't let it just be...

oh my f*cking god...was i even talking to u?... im gay? what is this...middle school?.... i havent finished because u wanted to keep going...im right here buddy.... give it all u got...i went back to the track because the other dudes wanted to discuss f-body times....my post for u is still waiting, a bunch of them w/ no answers.... if you don't wanna answer them....we can end this right now .....but i gotta hand it to u...you're a good liar....

Old 03-19-2002, 04:57 PM   #56
JaY D. Em

OH MY GAWD! No you're doubting my times... Get the fukk out of here... It's like me saying you don't have a s2000! Did i say i was going for 12 second times? did i say that i was gonna hit corvette times. Nope... I'm not insulting you just correcting you. But if you feel insulted then i'm sorry! Not really... I don't have time for this just post ?'s you want answered... I'd be happy to. You're annoying!

Old 03-19-2002, 05:11 PM   #57
gixer

Quote:
OH MY GAWD! No you're doubting my times... Get the fukk out of here... It's like me saying you don't have a s2000! Did i say i was going for 12 second times? did i say that i was gonna hit corvette times. Nope... I'm not insulting you just correcting you. But if you feel insulted then i'm sorry! Not really... I don't have time for this just post ?'s you want answered... I'd be happy to. You're annoying!

im annoying?....lol...i had to read through 3 pages of your bullshit and couldn't take any more of it...all this "nice race jay"... "i believe you jay" was making me sick.... and don't analyze every word of what i said either, your making yourself the hypocrit....i was being sarcastic.... so tell me.... when u were at 140mph, were u advancing...were u at rev limit...or were u just at redline....i don't care what car u put this engine in...it's gearing is not developed to go any faster....

Old 03-19-2002, 05:35 PM   #58
gixer

thanx for leaving my questions unanswered again....hopefully i have something decent to read when i come back.....

Old 03-19-2002, 07:55 PM   #59
Wicked_Motorcar

Quote:

Man, i thought you left! How you gonna come on a Honda forum and talk shiet about imports? You're wasting quality disscusion/database space... You're buddies in the v8 forums flame you too much? Had to come make yourself feel better in an "import" forum? Isn't this particular thread you decided to share your last 2 cents on about an import racing a domestic?

I'm sorry we have to keep going here my fellow Honda and import enthusiasts, but they leave me no choice when they come with their stereotypes...

Hey, the ricers come to the forum I go on and talk some sh*t, why can't I? Besides, I never said anything bad about imports, just that they tend to stick to themselves. Don't deny auto history by thinking all there is and will ever be are imports. Back in the 60s/70s, it was all about horsepower and if you think engine swaps are a big deal, they aren't. It's still the same these days, if you want to compete, you need to face reality and realize that horsepower is what it's about. Is it easier to get a 350 hp camaro into 12s with a few dollars or is a 100 hp honda the way to go? Different strokes for different folks but unless you're talking about a supra TT/ RX7 TT or any other capable chassis, you're wasting your money if all you want to do is go fast.

Old 03-19-2002, 08:59 PM   #60
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

----------------->>>>>>>>>> Cutting in>>>>>>>>

Lets not turn this into a Domestic/Import war.. Please..
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Old 03-19-2002, 09:32 PM   #61
FeelMyRide

Jay D. Em.. I give you props!

Old 03-19-2002, 09:37 PM   #62
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

guys remember, in 1/4 mile your 60-ft matter soo soo much, a rwd fast car and be deep in the 1.xx's while a fwd will bairly break 2.0 so a fwd running a 13.5 and a rwd running a 13.5 (just making up numbers) they will have different 60 ft's and the rwd will ALWAYS win, considering same conditions. this means that the fwd import will have to pull harder and faster to make the same 1/4 mile time. i know that ls-1's are no joke, they haul, but its a 4000lb car a hatch is almost half that, maybe the motor puts half the power but power to weight ratios...... im not saying he will beat a corvette 1/4 mile, but from a roll, it is possible. you can flame me all you want, honestly i dont care, but all i know is my car can get up and go from a roll, considering i can drop into a good rpm, and if you read, jay d. em is saying it was a close race and if they went at the same time, he might have been able to beat him. h22's power is the upper rpms, i will honestly say i know not a whole lot about vette engines. a h22 engine in any car(expecialy anything besides a prelude) puts it on a different playing field than a civic with a stock engine. i wish the domestic guys could at least accept that a fwd 4 cylender can and may beat a v8. z0-6 is completly out of the question, those things battle super cars, but high 12's on a base c5 is kinda hard for me to take in.thats already close to super-car territory. i always was under the impression that z28's trans ams and whatnot ran high 13's (mainly cause one of my friends in a prelude running 13.8 can beat them) the ws6 trans am and SS ran low 13's along with the base c5 and the z0-6 was low 12's correct me if im wrong. i want the truthfull info. oh another thing, i was only saying i would think a hatch-h22 could hit 150 because i was pulling hard upto 135 when i let off, because of the less weight they have. once again i was guessing, i may be incorrect. i'll say it can pull hard upto 140 with confidence though

Old 03-20-2002, 10:02 AM   #63
JaY D. Em

I got shiet to do... I'm not gonna sit here all day and play flame you, flame me.

1) I don't know about you, but when i'm pulling triple digits i'm not looking at the speedometer the whole way through. And since you're "familiar with my kind" then you should know that the speedometer stops at 130. I was passed that point meaning it was around 135-140. Which goes hand in hand with what i said - ABOUT 140! That's #8...

2) I don't remember what exact rpm i was at. It was redlining and i was still in 4th gear. i've never gotten passed 4th gear in a race. So how is 4th gear the peak of my car. Which proves the point of 4thgenlude and i have been trying to make. IT WAS STILL PULLING! #9...

3) "I don't car what car you put this motor in... it's gearing is not developed to go any faster." See the above point... Stupid Point #10...

So basically i had another gear right? How is it not developed to go any faster? I don't mind answering your ?'s. I have nothing to lie about.

And don't get on people for giving me a compliment or telling me good job. They're just giving me their opinion, just as you are! So for you to bring them into the post is childish!

I'll try for a best time in my car when i have more time. I pulled that time with ease. Didn't mess with the car and just took it to the track and ran. I'm sure mid 13's aren't a problem!

I don't mind arguing with you on certain points, but for you to call me a liar is way off base and childish. "What is this, Middle School?" We were having a nice argument/discussion, don't ruin it by yelling false accusations that you have exactly no actual proof of. You were there? Nope, so all you can do is give me an opinion. Don't call me a liar. And, why are you so defensive of people making you look like a fool?!?!? No one's trying! I'm just pulling out your points and correcting them... That's an argument/discussion! Really, can you do me a huge favor and read the actual first post. I never said i one, i only gave an opinion on what i thought would happen if we'd have dropped at the same time, which is a closer race. Didn't say i'd win. Just a closer race. I just posted an opinion and asked for others opinions.

Wicked_Motorcar - man, don't post an argument unless you're talking about the post. No one mentioned motor-swaps being SOOOOOO cool! No one said anything about denying auto history by saying there's only gonna be imports. Don't put words in peoples mouths, please!

Old 03-20-2002, 10:38 AM   #64
gixer

Quote:
I got shiet to do... I'm not gonna sit here all day and play flame you, flame me.

1) I don't know about you, but when i'm pulling triple digits i'm not looking at the speedometer the whole way through. And since you're "familiar with my kind" then you should know that the speedometer stops at 130. I was passed that point meaning it was around 135-140. Which goes hand in hand with what i said - ABOUT 140! That's #8...

2) I don't remember what exact rpm i was at. It was redlining and i was still in 4th gear. i've never gotten passed 4th gear in a race. So how is 4th gear the peak of my car. Which proves the point of 4thgenlude and i have been trying to make. IT WAS STILL PULLING! #9...

3) "I don't car what car you put this motor in... it's gearing is not developed to go any faster." See the above point... Stupid Point #10...

So basically i had another gear right? How is it not developed to go any faster? I don't mind answering your ?'s. I have nothing to lie about.

And don't get on people for giving me a compliment or telling me good job. They're just giving me their opinion, just as you are! So for you to bring them into the post is childish!

I'll try for a best time in my car when i have more time. I pulled that time with ease. Didn't mess with the car and just took it to the track and ran. I'm sure mid 13's aren't a problem!

I don't mind arguing with you on certain points, but for you to call me a liar is way off base and childish. "What is this, Middle School?" We were having a nice argument/discussion, don't ruin it by yelling false accusations that you have exactly no actual proof of. You were there? Nope, so all you can do is give me an opinion. Don't call me a liar. And, why are you so defensive of people making you look like a fool?!?!? No one's trying! I'm just pulling out your points and correcting them... That's an argument/discussion! Really, can you do me a huge favor and read the actual first post. I never said i one, i only gave an opinion on what i thought would happen if we'd have dropped at the same time, which is a closer race. Didn't say i'd win. Just a closer race. I just posted an opinion and asked for others opinions.

i just don't understand u....you're such a hypocrit...how can u sit there and call me childish when ur calling me "gay".... i tried to straigten out the convo but u like to continue saying my questions are stupid because u simply couldn't answer them.... what u just said made this lie even worse.... i may not know your car specifically but i know the gearing on that motor and tranny is not long enough to go past 140mph... it took you one day to answer me.... maybe u did hang, maybe u didn't....but i know for certain your story is exaggerated....if your gonna post a kill story...tell it as it is...

Old 03-20-2002, 10:47 AM   #65
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

i find it hard to belive the car cant go beyond 140. i hit 135 with rpms to go, and the pull to get me there

Old 03-20-2002, 11:15 AM   #66
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Sure it can.. But the acceleration rate will be slooowww..
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Old 03-20-2002, 11:38 AM   #67
JaY D. Em

Alright man, i'm done, i answer your ?'s specifically and you say i don't answer them... I correct your mistakes and you say that i'm making fun of you. I'm making fun of the points. If that indirectly hurts you, damn, you got issues! So now i must call you a liar and say that your mom doesn't have a prelude! If she did you would clearly know that the 92-96 preludes hit about 140 in 4th gear.

That is the exact way you argue! I have no proof to say that your mom doesn't have a prelude... The same way you can't say i didn't hang! And for the last time! I NEVER SAID I PAST 140! So that throws your whole argument on the last post about the tranny being "geared" for going past 140... Your points are so off everytime! STOP!!!

You're a hipocrit it clearly says in your post "maybe you hung, maybe you didn't" but then you go and say "made this lie much worse."

in one post you go from liar, to maybe i hung to your story is exagerrated... What's that? How can you call me a hipocrit after that?

And lastly, i stated everything as it happened. I don't lie...

Old 03-20-2002, 11:42 AM   #68
JaY D. Em

Quote:
Originally posted by FeelMyRide
Jay D. Em.. I give you props!

Thanks man...

Old 03-20-2002, 11:59 AM   #69
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:

Thanks man...

*wispers to Jay D Em* Shes a woman..

Everyone:

Lets end all the name calling right now. We dont need it on this board.

If it doesnt stop the thread will be closed before it gets worse.
Old 03-20-2002, 12:58 PM   #70
JaY D. Em

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing Rice

*wispers to Jay D Em* Shes a woman..

Everyone:

Lets end all the name calling right now. We dont need it on this board.

If it doesnt stop the thread will be closed before it gets worse.

Oh, ahahahahahahahahaha! My bad... So sorry!

Stop the name calling? Fine by me... Gixer, how 'bout you???

Old 03-20-2002, 01:29 PM   #71
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Stop the name calling? Fine by me... Gixer, how 'bout you???

Its good to have indepth discussions about something, we welcome those. But we dont like personal attacks because they will start a small and snowball into absolute Chaos. So debate and discuss all you want to get your point across because thats all good.
Old 03-20-2002, 02:38 PM   #72
JaY D. Em

It's already total chaos... But, i agree that it's alot funner to debate than argue... Well, it's even fun to argue but not be called a liar! But i too said some things... It's cool! It was fun Gixer!

Old 03-20-2002, 05:51 PM   #73
gixer

my mom drives a 00 prelude... *shrug*... if you want me to prove it...ask me a specific question about it.

Old 03-20-2002, 06:16 PM   #74
JaY D. Em

I wasn't seriously denying that your mom didn't have a prelude... Nevermind!

Old 03-20-2002, 09:49 PM   #75
tightteg52

Ok I dont doubt that you hung with a c5 vette. but yhe points im going to tryadn make are

#1:most ppl that buy c5 vettes buy thme for prestige and not racing. He was probly trying to make a example of you and found out other wise.

#2 he probaly didn't down shift enough they have 6 gear,(i think) he was crusing in 6th when he came up downshifted once to 5th and twiceto 4th maybe but probaly couldv'e downshifted again and would of walked you like no tommorow but he didn't

I dont doubt your story but your ignorance is appearent. I think it kicks @$$ having domestic ppl around. yes its hondastyle. maybe they wann learn more about our world and teach us about theres. I own a integra but frequent fbody.com supraforums.com. rx7forums.com when it was up. Why i dont own any of those cars but its nice to learn about these fine automobiles. Any REAL car ENTHUSIAST would have respect for all cars. I myself was not raised around cars and wondered in on my own, and personally love the CAR scene, not hte import scene not the domestic scene but the CAR scene, why you ask cause it is fun chillin an talkin to ppl that like different cars. So ppl please lets just all get along. Our new domestic friends hang around i love learning from domestic ppl. hehe sorry for my long pointles rant.

Old 03-20-2002, 09:59 PM   #76
3amigos

Under a favorable condition what you say could have happened to an extent.How close you hung to the corvette is the question only you can answer and is open to conjecture. My belief in your comment's hinge's on the fact that you state you "hang" with modded Z-28's? My car has a cat back exhaust which added little if any power and the 1 time I took it to the track almost broke into the 12's and with a little more seat time will. Also my car is not as fast as 01-02 car's and I have 11 MPH on you.You need to get out more.

Old 03-20-2002, 10:44 PM   #77
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

3amigos, i must say you have a fast car, 13.05 is a very quick time. i dont doubt you at all, but that is really fast for a z28 (i think) i always thought they were high 13's stock.

im glad to see some people here appreciate all cars. if i had my way i would own my prelude(prelude pride!!) a 68 427 vette(the limited FAST one), and a nissan skyline r34 v-spec II. you guys just godda understand that a civic hatch is a very light car, and with the h22, a powerfull 4banger it is a contestant in the world of faster cars expecialy for a fwd car. i think anyone here would proboly take the c5 over the civic, i know i would, because rwd, and it handles great, but the civ can go strait fast. my friends dad had a c5, actualy 4 of them, but his last one, a 2001, hauled some major ass. i know the power of them, but i also know the power of a civlude. a desentaly modded hatch with a h22 in the 12's isnt unheard of. this is what makes me belive him the most. i know the potential of one.

Old 03-20-2002, 10:53 PM   #78
tightteg52

Quote:
Originally posted by 4thGenlude
3amigos, i must say you have a fast car, 13.05 is a very quick time. i dont doubt you at all, but that is really fast for a z28 (i think) i always thought they were high 13's stock.

im glad to see some people here appreciate all cars. if i had my way i would own my prelude(prelude pride!!) a 68 427 vette(the limited FAST one), and a nissan skyline r34 v-spec II. you guys just godda understand that a civic hatch is a very light car, and with the h22, a powerfull 4banger it is a contestant in the world of faster cars expecialy for a fwd car. i think anyone here would proboly take the c5 over the civic, i know i would, because rwd, and it handles great, but the civ can go strait fast. my friends dad had a c5, actualy 4 of them, but his last one, a 2001, hauled some major ass. i know the power of them, but i also know the power of a civlude. a desentaly modded hatch with a h22 in the 12's isnt unheard of. this is what makes me belive him the most. i know the potential of one.

Only thing is each one comes out different each engine responds to mods differently. and he RUNS 13.8 his potential does NOT matter it is only potentail which you can only speculate on. now a c5 vette tried and true are quick cars but like i said the guy didn't know how to drive or was just screwin around. But i dont think he was lying but probaly exagerating for the sake a of telling a good story i know i would to a certain extent.

Old 03-21-2002, 08:41 AM   #79
JaY D. Em

Your second point is one that i have thought about frequently which is one main reason i wanted to go again... Another is i think it might've been automatic in which maybe it's not as quick as the 6 speed version.

I agree that it's nice to have people from other boards around, i didn't even say anything to the guy with the SS Camaro until he started saying things about imports... Why go on an import site if all you're gonna do is put them down? That's what i was getting at. Your points are good. I don't doubt f-bodies nor any other GM product. In fact i'm still a fan of GM being that my parents only own there cars and that's what i was brought up on... Now, any other of the domestic world is a little harder for me to get into. That's just me. Now for me to even be that close to a vette was a little surprising, being the reason i posted... I wanted to know how it would've been if we'd have dropped at the same time. Never doubted the vette... Just wanted to even up with him and go...

Old 03-21-2002, 02:56 PM   #80
Matrix

And with that said....

Closed Thread