Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2004, 01:29 PM   #1
92AccordLX...

transmition prob (AT)

92 Accord LX 2.2L

my automatic transmition sometimes seems to get stuck in 2nd gear, and won't shift. From stop it takes off slow and then even when I get to 50, 60mph or faster it will not shift. This is an on and off problem. I can go for weeks with no prob. the get a bad day of on and off. Any ideas of whats wrong? is this an expensive problem?

I really appreciate any feedback! Thanks.
Old 08-10-2004, 05:28 PM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

yeah, you are looking at about 200 in parts. the problem lies in the shift control solenoids. sometimes they work fine, but sometimes they work like crap after the car warms up. it will get to the point where the car won't shift anymore. is d4 light flashing any ?

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 12:02 AM   #3
92AccordLX...

D4 light

yeah the Drive4 light (when having the problem) stays on no matter what I actually have the gear in. even when in Reverse or Park, it stays on. Thats how I can tell when it goes back to normal, when the lights are back to normal.

I guess this is something that needs to be fixed imediately? This really sucks cause I just saved up 200 for the cold air intake.:o I guess there goes that. I was hoping to spend money upgrading things, not fixing standard parts. An upgrade in a transmition would probably be at least a couple thousand, right?
Old 08-11-2004, 06:17 AM   #4
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

an upgrade in the apx4 tranny is almost impossible. no one makes one for them. so the d4 stays on when you have problems ? or is it flashing ?

Old 08-11-2004, 03:36 PM   #5
92AccordLX...

d4 light

it stays on when having the problem, otherwise its normal. for example: (when messed up) i can have it in park and the D4 light will still be on. (when normal) it behaves as should. no blinking, nothing.

when going from messed up to normal then the D4 light will blink a few times and then go back to normal.

do you think labor will cost as much as the parts?
Old 08-11-2004, 08:04 PM   #6
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

nah, well it's up to the mechanics. i can do it in 10-15 minutes with a cold engine

Old 08-12-2004, 05:57 PM   #7
92AccordLX...

what is the shift control solenoid? is it simple enough for me to fix it (just replacing a part?)? is it a computer problem?

I really appreciate your help!

92accordLX...