::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Hybrid
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2004, 07:22 PM   #1
bent_remy

obd1 obd2 wiring probs...

Sorry bout the double post but its necessary.......

Alright here we go.......

I had a 00 usdm obd2 B16a2 engine in my 95 honda civic that was being controlled by a p30 jdm obd1 ecu. I bent a rod in my si engine so I replaced the motor with a jdm 95 B16a3 from a dohc vtec sir-II. Now the problem is that the new motor was obd1 and did not come with the wiring harness so we grafted altenator, intake manifold and other obd2 compatable parts from the si engine to the jdm motor so we could hook the motor up to run obd2. The distrubitor from the si was not functioning so what i did was took the distrubitor from the jdm motor and had the plugs professionally cahanged over from obd1 to obd2.

Now when we hooked up the distrubitor to the rest of the engine the check engine light came on and the engine didn't recive any spark. From what I understand this happeded because the obd2 engine has the wires to connect to the crank angle sensor located down by the timing belt ( the crank angle sensor is connected to the oil pump or something to that effect). In obd1 cars the crank angle sensor is located in the distrubitor. The one solution that we came up was to connect the old crank sensor from the si to the jdm engine but the oil pump on the jdm engine didnt have a mounting location for the sensor (ya'll still with me?).
So i son't want to have to spend time and money looking for a new oil pump that has the connections for the sensor. My question is if I were to get a distrubitor from an obd1 car and a obd1 wiring harness will that fix my problem. If i made any mistakes please correct me, this problem has been making my head spin for the last 3 weeks. You help is greatly appericated.

DAMN!