Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2004, 03:54 PM   #41
intense101
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by VR4_Craver
The best I have ever ran is a 15.4 before I got the new tires. The tires I ran that one was the stock tires with like maybe 50% tread and that is being gracious on the estimate.
Alright your saying you did 15.4, while the celica my friend has done a 15.36 stock...Ran again with some performance and hit a 14.6...He also has a 2003 tiburon GT which hit a 15.6 stock..Added performance headers, straight pipe , Cat back exhaust system, and a Cold air intake and suprisingly hit a 14.99..Pretty crazy but i think he'll rock your Si...
Old 09-05-2004, 04:33 PM   #42
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by intense101
I believe this is nunya buisness...

Whoa dude...don't talk to mods like that. It's his job to keep up the forum, so yeah...it's his business.

As for all of this BS in general...yeah...Celicas are slow. I don't care what model or trim level it is. And what's with all of this "what's yer car run dawg?". Who cares? I'd gladly put my car up against a Talon anyday. You think a high 11 is hot shit? I'll invite you down to watch me pull off low 10s/super high 9s. Does any of it really matter? No...so knock it off.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
Old 09-05-2004, 06:14 PM   #43
VR4_Craver
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by intense101
Alright your saying you did 15.4, while the celica my friend has done a 15.36 stock...Ran again with some performance and hit a 14.6...He also has a 2003 tiburon GT which hit a 15.6 stock..Added performance headers, straight pipe , Cat back exhaust system, and a Cold air intake and suprisingly hit a 14.99..Pretty crazy but i think he'll rock your Si...

Ok, I will have fun with this one.....That car ran a 15.36.....4/100 of a second. New tires on the car I guarantee I will better that. That stupid ass tiburon is slow even with the v6. That car has .3 liter on mine....yet my car has more hp. Weird huh? Ever think that there is a reason that the car can sell for 14k brand new? And also on that with that 14.99 I know of at least 4 people that with the same car as mine has hit 14.8's stock..... here you go.

www.ephatch.com

Hell, with just the V2 and Megan race headers pepole are getting low 14's. Celicas are shit, alwasy have and always will be till they realize that they are shit and stop making them. Oh and another guy with hondata and nothing else runs a 14.4....gee must be a coincedence
the geekz0r (11:03:46 PM): basicly, look at it this way...the 6speed is the same is the 5speed in 2,3,4,5,and 6...only the speeds are different because of the fd
the geekz0r (11:04:16 PM): so 2nd pulls like 1st in the 5speed, 3rd is like 2nd, etc.
PortugeeTex (11:04:26 PM): so whats 1st like then?
the geekz0r (11:04:49 PM): 1st is like hitting a cheeta in the ass with a tazer
PortugeeTex (11:04:53 PM): lmfao
Old 09-05-2004, 06:54 PM   #44
cashizslick

Quote:
Originally posted by Honda_Killa
haha stupid toyota those new celicas are kind of slow, well hella slow but oh well. good kill bro

correct me if im wrong, but the motor in the GT makes like 170hp and is a 1.8 just like my car/gsr's . . . . how is that slow?

Old 09-05-2004, 10:18 PM   #45
VR4_Craver
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by cashizslick
correct me if im wrong, but the motor in the GT makes like 170hp and is a 1.8 just like my car/gsr's . . . . how is that slow?

you are wrong.... That 170 is in the gt-s(top of the line). And they are still slow
the geekz0r (11:03:46 PM): basicly, look at it this way...the 6speed is the same is the 5speed in 2,3,4,5,and 6...only the speeds are different because of the fd
the geekz0r (11:04:16 PM): so 2nd pulls like 1st in the 5speed, 3rd is like 2nd, etc.
Old 09-05-2004, 10:58 PM   #46
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:

i hate to be a wet blanket, but power does not equal fast. Especially when the levels are so close. There's other factors going into that like weight, powerband, gear ratios, suspensions design, etc. Simply because 2 cars make the same power doesn't mean they'll run anything like each other.

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Old 09-06-2004, 03:45 PM   #47
rushb18

fuck off cashizslick and v8dick smoker

Old 09-06-2004, 04:32 PM   #48
cashizslick

Quote:
you are wrong.... That 170 is in the gt-s(top of the line). And they are still slow

Actually you are wrong . . it has 180 horse.

I did a little reaserch and the Celica GTS is superior to the SI in almost every area except price.

Link 1
Curb Weight of GTS = 2500lbs for manual transmission. Almost as much as my car . . . .

6spd Manual Tranny, 180hp/130lbs . . .

Clicky

Link 2
Curb Weight of SI = 2782lbs

5spd manual tranny, 160hp/132lbs . . .
Clicky

Now, this TRUE information i have just posted shows that the Celica GTS has 180 horsepower, a 6speed transmission, and weighs LESS THAN a 04 Civic SI.

Now, if this car WEIGHS less than your car, Has MORE POWER than your car, and has SHORTER GEARING than your car, how is it slow??????

BTW, it may also entertain you to realize that the GTS gets better gas milage than your car does . . . .oh, and it looks better.

Quote:
Originally posted by GT40FIED
i hate to be a wet blanket, but power does not equal fast. Especially when the levels are so close. There's other factors going into that like weight, powerband, gear ratios, suspensions design, etc. Simply because 2 cars make the same power doesn't mean they'll run anything like each other.

GT, i think the info from the manufacturers website suggests the GTS will outperform the SI and be about even with the RSX . . . .

Old 09-06-2004, 05:24 PM   #49
rushb18

Hey man i was close enough i knew it was some where around there but actually i dont care there slow.....And there a chicks car..and i dont care if i was wrong i was close enough 5 hp isnt going to slow them down anymore than they already are lol....Not being a ass about this just saying......

Old 09-06-2004, 07:58 PM   #50
VR4_Craver
Banned

Quote:

I did a little reaserch and the Celica GTS is superior to the SI in almost every area except price.

Link 1
Curb Weight of GTS = 2500lbs for manual transmission. Almost as much as my car . . . .

Clicky

Link 2

Clicky

Now, this TRUE information i have just posted shows that the Celica GTS has 180 horsepower, a 6speed transmission, and weighs LESS THAN a 04 Civic SI.

Now, if this car WEIGHS less than your car, Has MORE POWER than your car, and has SHORTER GEARING than your car, how is it slow??????

BTW, it may also entertain you to realize that the GTS gets better gas milage than your car does . . . .oh, and it looks better.

Well, Given that this car is superior to my car then one could also conclude that its also superior to yours, gets better gas mileage, and doesnt look like a an almost 11 year old Civic EX. Based on numbers you can make any number of assumptions you want. Number dont prove shit. When you have personally raced and beat more than one then you can say that yes your car is faster than said car. Seeing as how I have done this (4 times now) I can say without a doubt in my mind that yes these cars are slower than mine regardless of what the bullshit from the manufacturer states.

Also, after looking at your "research" you did I noticed that you failed to even quote any 0-60 times an 1/4 times. Based on the numbers yea it looks superior but how do you explain my turning around and raping the IS300 that has almost 60 more hp than me?
Old 09-06-2004, 09:02 PM   #51
cashizslick

Quote:
Well, Given that this car is superior to my car then one could also conclude that its also superior to yours, gets better gas mileage, and doesnt look like a an almost 11 year old Civic EX. Based on numbers you can make any number of assumptions you want. Number dont prove shit. When you have personally raced and beat more than one then you can say that yes your car is faster than said car. Seeing as how I have done this (4 times now) I can say without a doubt in my mind that yes these cars are slower than mine regardless of what the bullshit from the manufacturer states.

Also, after looking at your "research" you did I noticed that you failed to even quote any 0-60 times an 1/4 times. Based on the numbers yea it looks superior but how do you explain my turning around and raping the IS300 that has almost 60 more hp than me?

** These are not "My Numbers" - they are Honda's and Toyota's numbers**

First things first. Toyota and honda dont list 1/4 mile times for these cars and thats why i didnt post them.

Second, dont change the subject here - we are not talking about IS300's or my car.

Third, toyota is a manufacturer that knows their shit - their VVTi-L is as good as I-Vtec or better so there is no sence in you arguing that your less poweful motor is superior mechanically and thus is actually BETTER than a similarly designed motor with equal torque and 20hp.

Fourth, even if you did want to compare my car to yours - ill be honest, i dont really like my car. . . BUT it's 500Lbs lighter than yours and it has more Power.

In all honesty, im not trying to flame anybody - im just VERY VERY VERY surprised of how ignorant everybody posting in this thread is . . . . or how jealous they are now that they have realized Honda Sux at making competitive N/A cars.

Old 09-06-2004, 09:10 PM   #52
rushb18

Arn't you the guy that had the b16 swap that did the lousy 15.0 q-mile time...If this is i think you need to actually have someone else do your swap that knows how and get your car running better then you might be surprised with honda..With a b16 in that damn car you should be at least 14 sec not no 15.1 thats sad i have ls non vtec in hatch oh yea bring up the weight issues now but still non vtec and running circles on your ass so get your car tuned right before you talk shit about honda....you might wanna get that nasty red off there to that slows you down...piss on red

Old 09-06-2004, 09:54 PM   #53
cashizslick

Quote:
Originally posted by rushb18
Arn't you the guy that had the b16 swap that did the lousy 15.0 q-mile time...If this is i think you need to actually have someone else do your swap that knows how and get your car running better then you might be surprised with honda..With a b16 in that damn car you should be at least 14 sec not no 15.1 thats sad i have ls non vtec in hatch oh yea bring up the weight issues now but still non vtec and running circles on your ass so get your car tuned right before you talk shit about honda....you might wanna get that nasty red off there to that slows you down...piss on red

This post shows you dont know shit about hondas.

A Civic SI (2000) runs a 15.7 quarter mile stock. A 2005 Si runs 15.9 - 15.8 stock.

I realize my car is lighter than the 00SI, and i also have a full exhaust. . . .but those things alone will not make a 14 second honda.

Just for YOUR info - hondas are slow. Civic's with a D16Z6 run around 16.5 with 1/h/e, LS Tegs run 16.0 with i/h/e, GSR's with the same mods will be low 15's as will Civic SI's - NOT 14's

Its ricers like you who have ruined the Import Scene - morons like you think small 1.6liter motors should be running the same times as 5.0 Fords . . . . you my friend are a complete assklown and here's why:

Quote:
i have ls non vtec in hatch oh yea bring up the weight issues now but still non vtec and running circles on your ass so get your car tuned right before you talk shit about honda

First of all, before you make an argument, do it inteligently - use periods and capital letters (i know its tough).

Second, my car is faster than your's is so i dont know how you will run circles around me.

Third, my car is tuned fine because its stock. ALL i have is a full exhaust, no engine mods, stock fuel management - so there is nothing to tune.

Fourth, honda sux. The only thing that made honda cool was the fact that you could swap the motor from any 1990 - 2001 Civic/Teg/Lude/Accord and bolt it to another Civic/Teg/Lude/Accord relitively easily. Now that honda has taken steps to stop people from doing this (keying the ignition to the ECU, ect) they suck.

Old 09-06-2004, 10:04 PM   #54
rushb18

Yea ok if your running 15.1 and im 14.5 at 97 mph how are you beating me with ls non vtec to your slow vtec.. Plus the fact who gives a flying fuck about periods and capital letters wow... If you think honda sucks so bad get the fuck off these sites and sell your honda and get a stupid v-8 and go blow yourself.

Oh yea and i wasn't talking about new car you fucking flamer..Im talking about engine swaps and how slow your car is.. Why you post stupid 2000 and 04 times who gives a shit..

Old 09-06-2004, 10:07 PM   #55
cashizslick

Quote:
Yea ok if your running 15.1 and im 14.5 at 97 mph how are you beating me with ls non vtec to your slow vtec.. Plus the fact who gives a flying fuck about periods and capital letters wow... If you think honda sucks so bad get the fuck off these sites and sell your honda and get a stupid v-8 and go blow yourself.

What are your modifications if you are REALLY running 14.5 with JUST an LS motor?

15.0 in a LS CRX is the best i have scene from a b18b motor with i/h/e.

Unless your car has been stripped completely down to sheet metal, you have juice, or you have a turbo then you are making all of this up.

Old 09-06-2004, 10:09 PM   #56
cashizslick

Quote:
Oh yea and i wasn't talking about new car you fucking flamer..Im talking about engine swaps and how slow your car is.. Why you post stupid 2000 and 04 times who gives a shit..

You are really dumb. Such pathetic linguistic skillz.

Old 09-06-2004, 10:16 PM   #57
rushb18

No i am not making this up, all that is done is I/H/E running on stock tires with no hook up. That would be why i told you to have your car tuned right or checked out.. I know that your car will run a 14 for a fact cause i've seen it done plenty.. linguistic skillz no one really gives a shit, is that all you know to do you dont know shit about cars so u bring ppls typing skills up who really gives a shit.. I have also seen a 89 rex si stripped with I/E running 15 flat you post up and ask ppl on hondaswap what times there doing in a rex with b18 you'll see..You have to be the dumbest fucker to know anything about cars.. God damn search on shit learn some..

Old 09-07-2004, 07:36 AM   #58
cashizslick

I post regulary on hondaswap - and it sounds like you just contradicted yourself dumbass.
Quote:
I know that your car will run a 14 for a fact cause i've seen it done plenty.. I have also seen a 89 rex si stripped with I/E running 15 flat you post up and ask ppl on hondaswap what times there doing in a rex with b18 you'll see..

You are obviously stupid. Your previous posts say that your 93 B18B hatch is a mid 14 sec car (faster than stock mustangs) . . . . then you AGREE WITH ME about a B18B CRX (lighter than ur car) only being able to run around 15.0 . . . . . . . . i dont see ur argument here - why dont you continue to show everybody who reads this how stupid/dumb/ricer you are by posting a reply to this.

Old 09-07-2004, 11:38 AM   #59
rushb18

Your a fucktard man..I'll just go on honda swap and post a new thread to see how fast a crx with b18 and we will see who knows anything about cars. Yes my car is 14.5 @97 mph, You gotta be the biggest fucktard i have ever fought with on the internet, So why dont you go fuck your dad again and have him lie to you more about cars cause you dont know shit.

Old 09-07-2004, 12:24 PM   #60
NotUrAverage_Si

I will have to agree with cashizslick on this one. Rushb18, your knowledge of hondas, or lack there of is amazing. Please delete all your previous posts and save your dignity. A b16 swapped EG a 14 second car? Seriously please stop posting this utter nonsense as it is not beneficial to you in anyway.

Old 09-07-2004, 12:45 PM   #61
GSRCRXsi

werd. rush you really dont have a clue. an EG with b16 swap is no where near a 14 second car, not even a hatchback and he has a coupe. hes in the right range for his car. hell even my gsr powered crx si is only a low 14 second car. how can you expect a hevier less powerful car to be up to par with that? granted he does have the gear ratio advantage over me :( LS trannys suck.

and i dont doubt that your car is capable of mid 14's (although i would like a timeslip of proof) but you also have to think that even though you dont have the same power, you have a substantial amount of more torque them him. that counts for a lot.

and too the whole debate of 04 civic si's vs the celica gts. you guys dont even mention one of the most important variables, the driver. if you got some asshat ricer who doesnt know how to drive worth shit bouncing off the revlimiter and worrying more about looking cool then racing then of course you are gonna beat him if you are a more experienced and more skilled driver.

this thread sucks.

Old 09-07-2004, 01:47 PM   #62
rushb18

fuck off

Old 09-07-2004, 01:55 PM   #63
GSRCRXsi

the ls tranny sucks because the gears are so tall. accellerates slow. a b16 tranny would be a lot better.

Old 09-07-2004, 02:49 PM   #64
VR4_Craver
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by NotUrAverage_Si
A b16 swapped EG a 14 second car? Seriously please stop posting this utter nonsense as it is not beneficial to you in anyway.

He said B18 not the 16.

Quote:
Second, dont change the subject here - we are not talking about IS300's or my car.

This isnt changing the subjext fuck hole it is showing you that just because the engine is rated higher than mine means shit. The IS300 is 215hp I beleive. My 160hp car will rape that car up until around 110 then he will pass me. Maybe for some weird reason you didnt read my previous post. I have killed 4 gt-s's and just because they are rated at 180 doesnt mean that the person driving will drive that car to its full potential.And simply stated I have ran a 15.4 which as I said before I have ran the 1/4 faster than the stock GT-S's so why argue the point anymore? I have trumped the car and all its performance claims before.
Old 09-07-2004, 03:24 PM   #65
NotUrAverage_Si

Quote:
He said B18 not the 16.

Quote:
[b]With a b16 in that damn car you should be at least 14 sec not no 15.1 thats sad

I was reffering to this comment, and it's a B16 swapped EG not a B18, check cashizslick's sig.

Old 09-07-2004, 04:33 PM   #66
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Never has a thread crawled along for such a long time that I cared so little about. Fuck this stupid shit. Where's a mod to lock down some shit when you need one?

Old 09-07-2004, 06:09 PM   #67
rushb18

Yea please lock this stupid shit....

Old 09-07-2004, 06:13 PM   #68
rushb18

This is a time that a guy posted on my thread i opened at automotiveforums.com the guy has a 1.8 in crx and heres what he said.....

I have run a 14.7 at 91mph with a 2.1 60' with just an ebay short ram and a thermal cat back in a pretty heavy crx for a crx. It also had a broken motor mount.

I have run a fastest 93mph with the same setup with a shittier 60' so im sure it would see 14.5, 14.6's with better grip and that motor mount fixed.

Anything is possible, people should see quicker time's in lighter crx's. Im also on a diet trying to get my weight down. I can drive the car very well but im still a big guy and im sure that hurt's more than it helps.

Old 09-08-2004, 09:12 PM   #69
NotUrAverage_Si

Old 09-08-2004, 09:17 PM   #70
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Yea please lock this stupid shit....

Dude...don't say that and keep on ranting and posting. If you want it locked, quit leaving shit in the thread.

Old 09-10-2004, 04:49 AM   #71
V8killimports

Sorry but I gotta get in on this because I am bored and morons entertain me.

Rush I am not going to argue with you.

I am simply going to TELL you that no, your car does not run 14s, and you are going to go write is down on a big piece of paper, and then you are going to accept it. I don't know shit about honda motors.. dunno about B18 G12 F16 blah blah blah, but I do know your POS CRX runs as fast a 1/4 mile time as my 94 civic....which by the way is now modded with $1.10 spark plugs and spinnner hubcaps.

Your little mods don't do anything to an engine except add MAYBE 5 horsepower tops.

And as for your weight to power ratio bullshit.. if you read most people give you 10 hp for every 100 pounds you drop, and that is being VERY generous and not very realistic.. either way, there is no way you dropped that much weight.. If I were you I would stop talking and pretend this thread never happened. this thread is now locked..

-----------THREAD LOCKED------------
Old 09-10-2004, 11:21 AM   #72
rushb18

Fuck off you fucking cocksucker for all i care you all can kick me from here and suck a big dick like i really give a shit if you beleive me or not..Go take your guzzlin gas pos and stick it up ur daddies ass you fuck tard last time i'll be in here this place isnt but a fucking joke and dont even have but 5 or 10 ppl signed up on this site..I'll just stick to the other forums you fucktard..

Old 09-10-2004, 01:28 PM   #73
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Man...it's a good thing Mike isn't ACTUALLY a moderator. Seriously...it said "thread locked" but you were still allowed to post. But hey, with language like that who knows...if a mod sees it you might get banned anyway. Christ man...fuckin let it go.

Old 09-11-2004, 01:17 PM   #74
intense101
1st Gear

Quote:

180 idiot...and what a stock Si is 160 and with 2 mods they do low 14's..Ur full of it..With those 2 mods u could probably hang with the celi..
Old 09-11-2004, 01:18 PM   #75
intense101
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by GT40FIED
Whoa dude...don't talk to mods like that. It's his job to keep up the forum, so yeah...it's his business.

As for all of this BS in general...yeah...Celicas are slow. I don't care what model or trim level it is. And what's with all of this "what's yer car run dawg?". Who cares? I'd gladly put my car up against a Talon anyday. You think a high 11 is hot shit? I'll invite you down to watch me pull off low 10s/super high 9s. Does any of it really matter? No...so knock it off.

I believe this is nunya buisness either..Y dont u get ur domestic a** out this conversation..
Old 09-11-2004, 01:21 PM   #76
intense101
1st Gear

Quote:

Link 1

Clicky

Link 2

Clicky

GT, i think the info from the manufacturers website suggests the GTS will outperform the SI and be about even with the RSX . . . .
^------
Old 09-11-2004, 01:22 PM   #77
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

That's enough kiddies.......

Quote:
Originally posted by IALuder
thats why i use a sock.

Quote:
Originally posted by MissJDM
Darin, please confirm that you don't like the cock!

HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #7
Anna Fan Club Member #1
Closed Thread