::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Hybrid
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2001, 07:31 PM   #1
Import Tuner

Wow...I guess I got ripped huh?!

Wow...I guess I got ripped huh?! A least everyone knows more than the next guy...

I guess your School of Honda Riceburners taught you a bit differently than mine...

as for rwhp and your "erm..its just 200 hp", it makes more than 200 hp at the fly-wheel, and 200 at the rear wheels...and a frakenstein is the full engine swap...not just the head...

But on a better note...who made your WAY COOL hybrid insignia??? I'm DYING to know!! I HAVE to get one!!!!!
Old 11-11-2001, 08:02 PM   #2
OneDopeTeg

I think the confusion is on the rwhp issue....I dont dispute the hp numbers they can easily be backed up by numerous dyno's but the power is going to the front wheels....not the rear....unless of course you are talkin bout an NSX or S2000 but who would put a "frankenstein" in either of those cars nobody needs to rip anybody.
Old 11-11-2001, 08:07 PM   #3
Import Tuner

Corrected on a technicality...

OK...I'll admit it, I was wrong by calling it rwhp...they are front wheel...my bad...I think a man who doesn't even have pistons in his engine is allowed to make this mistake though...lol.

Thanks...
Old 11-11-2001, 09:28 PM   #4
slowEJ6

hmm, i guess you can call it whatever youd like, but LS/VTEC conversions are also considered frankstein swaps. SCC even referred to them as such in an article. i didnt say it was just a head swap that made a car a frankstein hybrid, i said a car with a notec block and vtec head swap (such as LS/VTEC or CRVTEC) was a frankenstein swap. no need to flame just cuz i pointed somethin out do0d, chill out.
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2001, 09:31 PM   #5
slowEJ6

oh and by how i said it was just 200whp, i meant it was 200whp, not 200rwhp since its FWD we're talking about. but now that thats cleared up.....
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2001, 10:12 PM   #6
Whtehnda93DXSdn
It has 4 Doors...

I'm glad that is all cleared up now too...

Indeed I've heard the LS/Vtec called the Frankenstein swap quite a few times....::
Old 11-28-2001, 12:37 AM   #7
OneDopeTeg

the term frankenstein now goes hand in hand with the LS/VTEC. But its all good....aint no lives at stake on a technicality!