::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2003, 04:20 PM   #1
02CiviC

454 Chevy vs CiviC, not hard to figure out

i was at tower shops, the local hang out here, and im just walking around and theres this black chevy truck that caught my eye, it was seriously lower then most of the imports there. the guy had the hood open and inside was this huge engine, with shiny chrome valve covers (it did look nice). i asked the guy what kind it was and he said it was a 454 that he had swapped in about 4 months ago after 11 months of rebuilding it.
anywho when the cops showed up and started harrasing every1 to leave (like they always do) im pulling out and i found my self at the light next to the guy with the truck about 3 blocks away from tower shops. i dont have tinted windows so i dont know if he recognized me as the annoying guy that kept asking him questions about his truck or what, but the next thing i know he revved his engine. as soon as the light turned green he gunned it smoking his tires at the takeoff, and when he shifted to second his backend kinda fishtailed. ive seen v8 runs but that just impressed me the hell outta me! he was out of sight before i shifted to 2nd! that thing musta had incredible amount of torque!
this story belongs in the got killed section instead of the kill section
Old 01-21-2003, 04:26 PM   #2
Civickid0to60

whoa....nice try. theres a guy around here that has a 454. *note to self....do not mess with that man* lol.
Old 01-21-2003, 09:48 PM   #3
juvenile

Very cool. At frist by the thread and seeing your username I thought you were gonna say that your civic won :o hehe...guess I should judge a book by its cover eh
Old 01-23-2003, 07:45 AM   #4
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Yup. Gotta watch those. Trucks can be fast. A friend of mine has a pretty quick truck. Its a V6, but has 302ci displacement along with race prepped tranny, 4.11 rear end, etc. Its an auto and it squeals when it shifts to 2nd.

Another guy that lives by me has an older black chevy truck with an S/C LS1 in it. It just sounds scary when you hear it. Gorgeous looking truck.
Old 01-23-2003, 01:11 PM   #5
02CiviC

lol...yeah id stay away from that guy.

yeah this truck wasn ugly, it was a nice looking truck. it was loud but it wasnt an annoying loud it was like a nice sounding loud.
not to mention ridiculously fast
Old 01-27-2003, 10:32 PM   #6
Nasty

you dont have to worry about the early 90's Chevy SS 454 trucks too much. its the ones with a built 454 that get a little hairy. same goes for the first gen. lightnings, but the new new ones haul ass.

Nasty
Old 01-28-2003, 05:45 PM   #7
Matrix

Exclamation

Yeah, there are a few trucks I keep a look out for. The list is mainly made up of:

1.) Syclone/Typhoon
2.) Lightning (any version)

And any truck that looks built. Gotta be careful though, they hide their mods quite well. :o
Old 01-29-2003, 05:20 AM   #8
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Yeah...those SS 454s are crap stock. But hey...if the guy spent 11 months building it up it's probably a beast. Hey Matrix...I love Lightnings, but you can't say you gotta watch out for the 1st Gen models. They used a 351 but it was Ford's 351 Marine crate motor that made around 230-240hp. They were cool but they couldn't hold a candle to the newer blown models. Syclones on the other hand will destroy any other truck out there . Typhoons aren't all that great though...I outran one when the Mustang still had relatively few mods.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2003, 12:04 PM   #9
Hoss

A few years ago I took my 95 mustang gt to the track and I got my ass handed to me by a lightning. the truck ran like a low 13

After that stupid mustang I had to upgraded to a faster car
Old 02-01-2003, 08:19 PM   #10
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Yeah...those Lightnings are wicked fast. A smaller blower pulley, a torque converter, exhaust, and some slicks and you're looking at 12s in a freakin full size truck. My friend has a '00 that tows his drag car like it's not even there. But stock vs. stock I'd still take a Syclone.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote