::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2003, 09:04 PM   #1
pimpinprelude

2f2f

i just saw it.....it was ok.. the domestics that were shown were sooo much nicer thay ANY import that was in there.... as for tha acting....BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!*SPLAT*(tomato). .
pimpinprelude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2003, 09:30 PM   #2
zm_dawg

I was going to hand out my flyers at the local theater but they aren't done yet.....glad to hear it was so asstastic lol
Old 06-06-2003, 10:02 PM   #3
pimpinprelude

o and at the end...

muhahahahahha
Old 06-07-2003, 12:36 AM   #4

atleast this time they didn't dick-ride NOS as much...
Old 06-07-2003, 12:41 AM   #5
Wren57

I just saw it too. I agree about the domestics being at least 10x better than the imports. The evo and eclipse were... well... crap. The storyline wasn't too bad. I enjoyed the movie, but only because I was able to look past all the incredibly fake BS like jumping the bridge. WTF thats not cool, going 140 over a bridge, um no thanks. That and the Supra beat the Skyline off the line but the Skyline caught up... isnt that backward? I also love how when he was "racing", he shifted into 3rd at like 45mph... nice... haha ok well whatever, I enjoyed it and think it was worth my not-so hard-earned money.
Old 06-07-2003, 12:49 AM   #6
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

heh, i might go see it on sunday evening.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2003, 01:06 AM   #7
pbateson

Evo can backward of about 60 or 50mph.
Old 06-07-2003, 01:08 AM   #8
Duckydos

The Evo can't really do 50mph backwards. That's hollywood for your. And Spazzum and I were just talking, and we agreed that not a single thing positive came out of The Fast and The Furious (original). I wonder what will come out of this sequel.

-Ducky
Old 06-07-2003, 01:10 AM   #9
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by Duckydos
I wonder what will come out of this sequel.

-Ducky

sqr RICE

Old 06-07-2003, 01:18 AM   #10
wheresmylicense

i saw it tonight... it's a good, pointless movie to see when your brain is fried from finals... not much thinking involved... there was a LOT wrong with it... even except the terrible acting. oh well, it was somewhat entertaining if nothing else. oh, and is it just me, or did they seem to shift and shift and shift and shift and shift.... i guess their cars had like... 16 speed trasmissions...

Pictures of My Baby
wheresmylicense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2003, 01:24 AM   #11
pbateson

The Nissian Skyline is from Hong Kong???
Old 06-07-2003, 01:55 AM   #12
mylittlecivic

lol I thought it was hillarious, cheesy tyrese was kinda funny. It seemed like a totally different movie then fast and the furious and pretty darn fake

Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6 but..what do i know..i'm drunk...

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
.."Fer crissakes, Paddy, that's yer air freshener!"
Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6
I'm not white. I'm Canadian.
mylittlecivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2003, 02:03 AM   #13
pbateson

This movie is a real?
Old 06-07-2003, 02:20 AM   #14
RavingCivic

it was aight.. WAY to damn fake AGAIN! hmmm about the bridge jump, lets hit that 30 degree angle at 140mph and jump the bridge...ER whoa wtf 30 degree angle. i couldnt take that at 4mph with out braking somethin much less at 1/4 speed of sound.

Tyrese WAs ONe of ONLY good parts about that movie.. he made it funny..

i agree totally about the Supra/Skyline maybee hollywood doesnt know that AWD will eat any car off the line

YEs the 69 Camaro was SWEEEEEEEEET as F*CKING HELL
but im sorry even at that, they made the domestics WAy to fast as compared to a car that is RUNNING at "SR25DETT" that is probably running way more than 400 hp NOt to mention NOS (scratch that Nitrous EXPRESS)

it was Entertaining somewhat.

I did however get a kick out of the fact that there was all of 30 people in the whole theater to see it. hahahahaha
another BOX offICe SMASH (Straight into the wall like the SUPRA at 140 mPH after jumping the bridge)
Old 06-07-2003, 11:34 PM   #15
juvenile

Our theaters here were pretty packed!!!
Old 06-08-2003, 01:07 AM   #16
pbateson

bridge jump is a computer gen. for a cars or shunt???
Old 06-08-2003, 01:55 AM   #17
wheresmylicense

our theaters were packed too, that's the sad part. course i live in upper-middle-class suburbia where everyone drives a riced (and i mean riced; altezzas, aluminum fins, the whole sha-bang) out integra or civic.... soooo sad...

Pictures of My Baby
wheresmylicense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2003, 09:35 AM   #18
GirlRacer

Re: 2f2f

Quote:
Originally posted by pimpinprelude
as for tha acting....BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!*SPLAT*(tomato). .

I hope you didn't expect good acting, the acting on the first one SUCKED too!

That scene where the blond guy is in that import shope and is like "I need Nos!" and the shop owner goes "I seen the way you drive! You got a heavy foot!" It cracks me up EVERY TIME! That guy is HORRIBLE!
Old 06-08-2003, 09:56 AM   #19
thermal
Banning Machine

It's just like any other movie out there. It did sucked. It was even cheesier after the movie, when people hung out in the parking lot revving their shit, popping up their hoods like they have shit to show. It's like the movie inspired them or something....:goose bumps:.....

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2003, 10:10 AM   #20
pimpinprelude

""oh, and is it just me, or did they seem to shift and shift and shift and shift and shift.... i guess their cars had like... 16 speed"" yea i noticed that too.. it was like if somebody started to pass him he would just shift....soo fake but what ever...... hahahah nooo i wasnt looking for good acting eather..lol
Old 06-08-2003, 10:12 AM   #21
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

heh, so there is some movie i won't see then. i think gone in 60 seconds was a lot better

Old 06-08-2003, 11:04 AM   #22
pimpinprelude

yea it was
Old 06-08-2003, 03:22 PM   #23
Grip72

OH MY GOD..i just seen it and what a horrible pile of junk. I can't believe some of you even said it was "entertaining". Obviously i have a different sense of what entertainment means compared to you guys! I wanted to walk out as soon as the bridge jump. The acting was SHIT...the bad kind. And did you guys notice Paul Walker (blond guy), would talk all "black-guy-like" at some parts and call Tyrese "CUZ" and stuff and then other times he'd talk like a normal white guy? (nothing bad intended..). And then when he smashed the gate out with the EVO when they were goign to get the package from the Ferrari that his front end didn't have an INCH of damage?!?! That pissed me off. The domestics were way cooler. I have wanted a 69 Camaro since i was like 10 years old. I seen a blue one w/ white racing stripes with the dual carbs out the hood at a car show yesterday. This show was the biggest waste of time and money ever. I was so pissed off at the end. One of you guys even mentioned that "the storyline wasn't bad", ARE YOU ON CRACK?? There was NO storyline, really. Next thign you know, the guys are smashign out a wall with sledge hammers and takign money out of it and you odnt' even find out what the money is for really (suspected drug smuggling, 'if i'm wrong, its cuz i was talking alot during th emovie and whining..'). The only decent thign about the movie was that the chick was cute and the part with the rat was different. Overall i give the movie -12 out of 5. They really fuked this one up!
Grip72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2003, 03:24 PM   #24
GirlRacer

Old 06-08-2003, 05:39 PM   #25
Civickid0to60

I liked it, it was a lot better than the first one. The skyline was tight. But, really in all honesty, they need to get some major acting lessons. But I enjoyed it.
Old 06-08-2003, 06:25 PM   #26
CavalierVL

Things that I found wrong with the movie:
1. The chase scene involving the EVO, Spyder, and serveral high powered, very fast and nimble muscle cars and one BMW with either a Inline-6 pumping out a lot of HP or a V8(with a lot of power) What was wrong with this scene, you might ask? Well, first of all I wouldn't even bother counting the Spyder or the EVO as challengers in this kinda of race, what with a Saleen Mustang, a Corvette Z06, two old school muscle cars that smoked both the spyder and EVO in a straight line AND in the corners, that BMW and not to mention that Viper. Oh, I'd like to point out the fact that the HP figures given straight from the 2F2F website show that these cars were very undergunned to compete in this kind of race(the only cars that made sense in the movie were the skyline and the supra.... ) The only probable explanation must be that Paul Walker ande Tyrese were simply much much much much etc... etc... better drivers than any of those other bumbling idiots driving the good cars (the American and European muscle) For once I'd like to see a twin turbo Corvette Z06 in one of these types of movies and then see whos laughing after it blows you off with a blast of the oh-crap pedal(the one under your left foot hehehe) Soooo much for your N2O, Biznatch!!! I just thought it was funny and stupid how the producers and/or director made the Spyder and EVO out to be so much more than the actually were...
2. The imporbability of the Spyder and EVO outrunning those nimble and powerful muscle cars and not the state police cars...BAM!, how you like dem apples!?
3. What was up with the Spyder and EVO?!?! They should have used something other than the Spyder. I respect the EVO because it's a respectable rally car and CAN be modded to move, but the Spyder should have been replaced with something else. Maybe a Supra or something like that, I dunno...just something ELSE.
I'm done.
Old 06-08-2003, 09:05 PM   #27
Grip72

"BETTER THAN THE FIRST ONE"??
what the fuguck are you putting up your veins bro?? That was WAY WAY worse than the first one!! The acting was horrible in the 2nd and first but from what i recall, the 2nd was by far worse. The skyline was indeed tight but the racing was so dumb and farfetched. I also agree that the spyder was kinda lackin' and it should have been replaced by, of course, a Supra TT! (my favorite car..) In my opinion, the spyder had ugly graphics and didn't look very nice at all, i did like the different steering wheel tho, that was kidna neat. But all in all, that movie blew
Grip72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2003, 09:10 PM   #28
pimpinprelude

""bridge jump is a computer gen. for a cars or shunt???"" i think its a lil of both.... but NONE of those cars would have been running after that landing..... it was sooo fake its not even funny.... if it went for that part, the ricey cars, and crappy acting it might have been ok.... o and when the EVO hit the gate, hahahahahah! it would have pushed the front of that car out the trunk..nuf said..
Old 06-08-2003, 09:30 PM   #29
DsBlu01CivEX

I haven't seen it yet...and when I do I'm definitely waiting for it to be at a matinee or our "cheap" movies (it's only like $2 to get it but the sh!ttiest theater you'll ever step foot in). I opted to see The Italian Job (after of course finding out that Finding Nemo was sold out until 8pm). Oh and the reason why some of the theaters weren't full for 2f2f is probably cuz most people were watching Finding Nemo. The Italian Job kicked ass though...very entertaining! It was like a cross between Ocean's 11 and The Transporter.

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2003, 11:27 PM   #30
pimpinprelude

yea dont sped full price on it
Old 06-08-2003, 11:35 PM   #31
VR4_Craver
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by highlander
WTF thats not cool, going 140 over a bridge, um no thanks. That and the Supra beat the Skyline off the line but the Skyline caught up... isnt that backward? I also love how when he was "racing", he shifted into 3rd at like 45mph... nice... haha ok well whatever, I enjoyed it and think it was worth my not-so hard-earned money.

ok in case you guys didnt know this but all those cars? Are mostly stock. And the reason that supra beat the skyline off the line is because that skyline is only 2 wheel drive. I know that skylines are AWD but they did it to that one (2 wd) so it could "drift" and do power slides. All of those cars had like : Different paint, fake ass nitrous bottles ( and switches and systems) and rims. Nothing more nothing less. And the s2000? Super charged but still only like 1.3 seconds faster in a 1/4 mile that stock. I still cant beleive people went to see this waste of time and money.....
the geekz0r (11:03:46 PM): basicly, look at it this way...the 6speed is the same is the 5speed in 2,3,4,5,and 6...only the speeds are different because of the fd
the geekz0r (11:04:16 PM): so 2nd pulls like 1st in the 5speed, 3rd is like 2nd, etc.
PortugeeTex (11:04:26 PM): so whats 1st like then?
the geekz0r (11:04:49 PM): 1st is like hitting a cheeta in the ass with a tazer
PortugeeTex (11:04:53 PM): lmfao
VR4_Craver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 12:48 AM   #32

i hope $5-10 isn't so much for you guys...
Old 06-09-2003, 09:06 AM   #33
pimpinprelude

i payed 8.00 opening night....
Old 06-09-2003, 09:47 AM   #34
pbateson

I pay $8.25 for the movie last friday.
Old 06-09-2003, 11:37 AM   #35
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

im glad i havnt seen it yet

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 12:15 PM   #36

they don't have any student , military, or any other discounts for you guys?
Old 06-09-2003, 06:15 PM   #37
Duckydos

Hey, news flash! The movie wasn't a f'ing documentary, it was a work of fiction. Plus, the movie was heavily sponsored by companies like Pep Boys, APC, and Mitsubishi (the reason that the Eclipse was faster then a Z06 Corvette).
Old 06-09-2003, 07:16 PM   #38

people expect too much...
Old 06-09-2003, 07:26 PM   #39
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by Duckydos
Hey, news flash! The movie wasn't a f'ing documentary, it was a work of fiction. Plus, the movie was heavily sponsored by companies like Pep Boys, APC, and Mitsubishi (the reason that the Eclipse was faster then a Z06 Corvette).

yeah but it gives us a bad name. i know it was fiction but not too many take it as that

Old 06-09-2003, 08:41 PM   #40
90civiclxryder

the first race scene was nice until the bridge jump, and after that the movie took a dive, and continued to suck