Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2003, 09:52 AM   #1
drumboy69

Best Way from Trunk to Battery?!

Whussup everybody?

I am putting in a powered subwoofer in my trunk and wondered if any of you out there know the easiest, preferably, step-by-step instructions to get a power cable from a trunk to a positive terminal on the battery.

I know I should go underneath the carpet, but I would like to do it without taking out half of my interior out.

Has anyone done that?

By the way, I have a '99 Civic EX Coupe.

Thanx.

Drumboy69
Old 03-24-2003, 10:42 AM   #2
HondaTypeJ

You have to take out (not completely but unhinge it) the rear inside panels (either side is fine, I would do the passenger side though). Run the wire under the back seat and through...run it along side on the floor. Doesnt have to run under the carpet but you DO want to hide it under the plastic door sils. That will take you all the way up to the front. Crappy instructions I know, but it is pretty easy. I was terrified in taking apart my old Civic because I thought I would take something apart and not be able to put it back together. VERY easy.
Old 03-24-2003, 11:07 AM   #3
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

My way:
starting from the trunk, run the wire under the rear seat (you dont even have to remove the seat if you use a bent coat hanger (crimp the hanger/pinch (real good) at one end of the wire, straighten it out and pull it through).
now just pull the wire to one side and run it along the base panels (push it in w/ a standard screwdriver/putty knife/whatever later)
run the wire through the firewall through the hole on the passenger side (the hole leads under the battery, so youre gonna have to remove the battery to get to it under the hood)). The best way to do this is punch a small hole in the grommet and then snake the wire through
make youre connections

I put mine under the ebrake and shifter, but I pulled up the carpet a little to do it...much cleaner IMO and I can splice into that wire easier if I want to hard wire something like a radar detector or whatever
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote