::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2002, 05:00 PM   #1
QwikSiLvErCIVIC

need help with blinkers?????

okay.... i wanted my blinkers to go fast so i tried getting smaller bulbs for my tail blinkers (since it worked for my friends 93 hatch) but i noticed that it was a double filament socket which is oppose to the singe filament on me friends car. so the only choice i had was to cross my wires on my front blinkers, which worked but made my bulb go out because it heated up faster. I just need to find out how to make my blinker faster on my 99 civic ex... please help
Old 01-11-2002, 07:52 PM   #2
slowEJ6

go on www.ebay.com and search for Honda Civic or hyper blinker, im sure something will come up, theres a relay that makes em like 6x faster or something around there.
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2002, 12:31 AM   #3
BrandonClaps

i'm sure someone can help me out a little bit but there is a little black flasher i believe it's behind your glove compartment, take that out and open it up, u will see a little resistor soldier'd on there. unsoldier it and goto radioshack and get half of what the stock one is if you want it to blink 2x as fast. ;D If you get LED bulbs they will also flash faster because there is less resistance then a regular filament bulb. I can't remember where but i saw a tutorial for the resistor thingy.
Old 01-13-2002, 12:36 AM   #4
BrandonClaps

heh whataya know i found it ;D

and it's in the fuse box not behind the glove compartment

Step 1. Go to the fuse box and remove the flasher:

Step 2. Open up the flasher and look for this resistor:

Step 3. You will need to change this resistor to make your signal blink faster. The resistance is around 90K If you want to make your signal blink twice as fast as stock, then you would replace the resistor with a 45K.

The lower the resistance, the faster it will blink.
Old 01-13-2002, 12:46 AM   #5
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

That looks great.

If you don't know how to read resistors, go here:

http://webhome.idirect.com/~jadams/e...stor_codes.htm

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 10:42 AM   #6
DJZVTEC02

just do this, get one of those LED bulbs for your car and put it in the rear to make them blink RED (bulb code should be 1157 not 1156) and put them in, and leave the stock one up front, it worked on my 2000 ex they blink twice as fast now...
Old 02-21-2002, 01:08 AM   #7
volleyd13

What about for a 95 ex?

I took out my relay and even found the correct resistor labeled (R1). I bought a 68 ohm resistor and put it on the relay and all I got was a solid turn signal that sounded like it was going to blow up. I wonder if there is something I am missing about this. Is the resistor the right size or what. I want the blinkers to be just under 2 times faster. I replaced my rear lights with LEDs and now for some reason they are dim when the lights are on. I think these two things are unrelated, but why are my LEDs dim and what resistor will it take to speed up the blinkers?