::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2002, 12:15 PM   #1
HondaTypeJ

Hyper Blinker 83 dollars!?

Ok, so I went into a place called custom images the other day and I inquired about a Hyper Blinker for my car. He checks and then busted out with 83 dollars! I dont get it, I have seen them all over ebay for like 8-10 bucks and it seems like a little back transistor that plugs into the existing one in your car. I asked him about that and he said he never heard of it. Whats up with that? Has anyone bought one of those hyper blinkers over ebay where it is just "plug and play"? Is it worth it?
Old 02-07-2002, 12:51 PM   #2
slowEJ6

you just need to buy a different transistor thingy, (im not sure what its called, Brandon would probably surely know, as well as someone else). but it shouldnt cost you more than $15. dont pay $83 for that junk. shops like that suck ass
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2002, 02:56 PM   #3
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Brandon does know....
http://www.hondastyle.com/forums/sho...&threadid=2293

Old 02-07-2002, 08:55 PM   #4
BrandonClaps

when don't i know an electrical question
Old 02-07-2002, 09:01 PM   #5
HondaTypeJ

Changing the resistor...necessary?

Hey. I saw the pics on how to make your blinker hyper, but is it necessary to open the current stock relay and opening it up to change the resistor? HAS ANYONE BOUGHT THE ONES OVER EBAY THAT ARE LIKE 6X? Any input?
Old 02-08-2002, 09:34 AM   #6
slowEJ6

Re: Changing the resistor...necessary?

Quote:
Originally posted by HondaTypeJ
Hey. I saw the pics on how to make your blinker hyper, but is it necessary to open the current stock relay and opening it up to change the resistor? HAS ANYONE BOUGHT THE ONES OVER EBAY THAT ARE LIKE 6X? Any input?
not I, i like blinking at a normal rate....not like i can see it anyway
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2002, 03:07 AM   #7
insomniac

Re: Changing the resistor...necessary?

Quote:
Originally posted by HondaTypeJ

Guy don't bother do it youself its really easy. You don't even need to solder if you don't want, just wrap the end of the resistors on the appropriet sides in parallel. It will cost you like 20 cents for the same thing.
Old 02-11-2002, 06:58 PM   #8
heartbreakkid

Blinker on Ebay

I bought one of those STROBE HYPER BLINKER (6x faster than stock) on EBAY recently...i plugged into my car and it worked perfectly...that's the best way to go...fast, easy, and cheap...look nice on ur car too...take less than 5 minutes to install.
Old 02-11-2002, 10:47 PM   #9
BrandonClaps

also having a hyper blinker is illegal, guys theres a law for everything
Old 02-12-2002, 03:47 PM   #10
Whtehnda93DXSdn
It has 4 Doors...

I got my hyperblinker from www.hyperblinker.com

I got it w/in 3 days of ordering and did the simple process of putting it in in 5 mins and I'm happier than a pig in shit...

I got the strobe one and it's fast as hell...Hope this might help alittle...
Old 02-12-2002, 04:05 PM   #11
4jacks

Quote:
Originally posted by BrandonClaps
also having a hyper blinker is illegal, guys theres a law for everything

Speaking Of Illegal!!!!!! Is their a Unit that instead of making the blinker blink rapidly , it will make it blink 2 or 3 times rapidly then pause, 2 or 3 times rapidly then pause....... Like Cops blinkers do when They've pulled you over in the middle of the night for no reason other than your some punk kid in a nice car trying to go to Taco Bell cuase you Got the Munchies, AND NO OFFICER I DONT HAVE THE MUNCHIES FOR ANY CERTAIN REASON!!!!! ...... ***continues to ramble on***

Well anyway How can I make my blinker do that???
I like getting pulled over

Patrick
4jacks
4jacks@mail.com
4jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 08:35 PM   #12
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by 4jacks

Speaking Of Illegal!!!!!! Is their a Unit that instead of making the blinker blink rapidly , it will make it blink 2 or 3 times rapidly then pause, 2 or 3 times rapidly then pause....... Like Cops blinkers do when They've pulled you over in the middle of the night for no reason other than your some punk kid in a nice car trying to go to Taco Bell cuase you Got the Munchies, AND NO OFFICER I DONT HAVE THE MUNCHIES FOR ANY CERTAIN REASON!!!!! ...... ***continues to ramble on***

Well anyway How can I make my blinker do that???
I like getting pulled over

Patrick
4jacks
4jacks@mail.com

Then you ought to just get some blue strobe lights.

It can be done with some work. Look at radio shack for some electronic kits. You'd be amazed. www.radioshack.com
Old 02-14-2002, 01:11 AM   #13
insomniac

I have the faster blinkers done with the resister whoever mentioned cheap to buy that relay off ebay it don't get cheaper then a 20 cent resistor but anyways, I want to make mine blink SLOWER, like I want to see it fade in and out any way to do this?
Old 02-16-2002, 07:08 PM   #14
exhaustmusic

really big resister....

http://planetpadua.dot.nu

and check out there car tech page
Old 02-16-2002, 11:07 PM   #15
BrandonClaps

a really big resistor WON'T fade it in and out, that takes a quite bit more to do. See the new geforce 4 cards? They have an LED on it that fades in and out, and i'm sure the same technology can be used on the cars blinker. www.hardforums.com had a tutorial on how to make one for the computer. Ask them about 12v. You had to use a board/chip/capacitor/resistor lots of stuff
Old 02-26-2002, 01:52 AM   #16
jeq214

so where can i get this resistor, what's its specific name and how much is it?