.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Wheels, Tires, Suspension, and Brakes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2003, 01:12 PM   #1
Sol's Eye

Anyone have any experience with airbags?

I am looking to bag my sol, but I want a good, reliable kit that doesn't have a horrible ride. I realize that slamming my sol will make the ride a lot stiffer, but I still want to keep it as smooth as I can. Anyone know of a good kit?
Old 01-16-2003, 02:26 AM   #2
foreverzz

i recently sold a kit to a guy and we installed it on his civic.
the ride is decent...but its definetly for show and for cruising. i wouldn't take corners in a bagged car the way you would take corners in a lowered and tuned suspension car.

but judging from your plans we've been discussing i think you are going to have a sweet show car correct? so for a show car i would recommend them and they do look sweet.
Old 01-16-2003, 09:17 AM   #3
ridinlowaccord

just curious how much would a set of bags run??
Old 01-19-2003, 07:23 PM   #4
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Can you put bags on a Civic? Last I heard you had to do an airrod setup. But Ive been out of that stuff for a while. You definately will lose performance with airbags/airrods. Any adjustable suspension you increase your risk of something happening. Whether it be a busted line with hydraulics, or a airleak with bags/rods.

I wouldnt do it on an everyday driver at all. But thats just me.

These guys make good setups. http://www.aimind.com/homepage.htm
Old 01-23-2003, 02:30 PM   #5
SlammdAccord

Alright heres my input (if it matters or helps). I had bags on my car from last March or so, untill this past November. It was definitely all for show, not go. I didnt like driving on the highway, the car was all over the place, because if the cylinders are have different air pressure in them, the car pulls in different directions. Making sharp turns i didnt much like either. It got a lot of looks and compliments and some trophies, but when it came time to drive it, i wasnt a fan. They were definitely fun to use and all, but attracted to much attention from unwanted cops too. Im not telling you not to get them, i was so excited when i bought em and put em in...but maybe i just got bored of em and found out what a hassle they turned out to be. If i was going to do adjustable suspension again in any vehicle, it would be hydraulics over airbags hands down. If you need any technical questions answered feel free to ask me. Thats my $0.02
Old 01-23-2003, 06:54 PM   #6
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by SlammdAccord
If i was going to do adjustable suspension again in any vehicle, it would be hydraulics over airbags hands down.

Mmm.. Juice.. But Id never juice a car.. Trucks yes, cars no.. Juice is messy.. Not to mention batteries and interior dont mix. If you want something like a one pump setup just to get you off the ground and your running it off the car battery you maybe okay. But thats just me.. My nissan with a 3 pump setup was fun.. But the ride was hell.. You could use accumulators.. I guess they help, Ive never been in a car with them though, so I cant tell you for sure.
Old 01-23-2003, 07:40 PM   #7
SlammdAccord

Yeah i totally agree with you about the ride . But i guess i just wasnt a fan of my bags. And also, the hydros wouldnt be for my Accord, i dont plan on having this car for too much longer, just hydros on a strictly show car.