.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2002, 10:05 AM   #1
20civic01

Need Recipes for low 15sec 2001 EX civics and 14sec!

I'm new to the import world all together and want a general idea of what it takes for a 2001 civic EX 5-speed to run low 15s and what more it takes to run mid 14s NATURALLY ASPIRATED. thanks
Old 03-06-2002, 10:22 AM   #2
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Look into the Gude package.. http://www.gude.com

They make a head package the will probably do it for you easily..
Old 03-06-2002, 02:32 PM   #3
dukmahsik

gude suxors and if u really want to run 14s in ur car... put nos in it
Old 03-07-2002, 01:00 AM   #4
Maxvla

Quote:
Originally posted by dukmahsik
gude suxors and if u really want to run 14s in ur car... put nos in it

what part of naturally aspired do you not understand?
you don't need forced induction or nitrous to get 14's.
Old 03-07-2002, 07:18 AM   #5
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

You mean N2O is forced induction..?? j/p
Old 03-07-2002, 03:21 PM   #6
dukmahsik

uhhh

wat i meant was dont waste thousands of $$$ just to get to 14s NA... put it to better usage
Old 03-07-2002, 04:19 PM   #7
Mr Sleeper

f/i will get you there
Old 03-09-2002, 10:05 AM   #8
20civic01

I've owned a F/I car before. I know that a turbo will get you there. NOS $500 instant 14s. Supercharger will get you there too. this is old news.

I want to be able to beat a 5.0 running high 14s and tell him that it's Naturally Aspirated.

How can I do this.

We'll say that I'm going to do a DC header with full exhaust and AEM or Injen Intake.

What else can I do to put it in the mid 14s?
Old 03-10-2002, 12:50 PM   #9
dukmahsik

uhh

i highly doubt that a really good turbo kit will come out for the new civic and rsxes... reason being? look at your head versus the old engine in previous civics and integs. your head is reversed with intake mani and exhaust reversed. your exhaust header is in the rear which goes straight to a dp to the exhaust... how are you going to fit a turbo in the back of your engine? im not saying it cant be done but it wont look and function good. i have higher hopes that JR will come out with a SC for the newer engines...

anyways u wanted NA to run 14s... that is possible but just not yet... your engine is too new for valvtrain mods that will really work... i would suggest since u have a sohc motor to get really radical cam, porting, upgraded valvetrain... etc... much like current na sohc motors. but u jess have to wait til the market catches up with ur new engine
Old 03-10-2002, 03:56 PM   #10
SupaSlowCivicDX

Hey, dukmahsik, is there any way you could resize that picture in your sig? Its freakin huge!!
Old 03-10-2002, 10:18 PM   #11
20civic01

Quote:
how are you going to fit a turbo in the back of your engine?

man...maybe I'm confused, but to me, it looks like the header is on the front of the engine and intake on the back. I'm not saying you're wrong, but if the header is where the exhaust comes out, it's on the front side of the engine, or in other words the side that you see.
Old 03-13-2002, 08:19 AM   #12
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

To do it NA you're going to be waiting. It took a while for regular VTEC camshafts to come(ones that were decent) out. Really all I can suggest now is I/H/E. You'll still need some very aggressive profiles to run 14's. That would be tough.

dukmahsik,
The exhaust is still in the front & the intake is in the back. The intake comes out in a different direction.
Old 03-14-2002, 10:49 AM   #13
20civic01

I'll probably do the I/H/E combo and just sit on my duff and wait. or, actually....maybe just do the I/E. It might be a waste to have a header on there when the Turbo kits come out for this car.
Old 03-14-2002, 12:12 PM   #14
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by 20civic01
I'll probably do the I/H/E combo and just sit on my duff and wait. or, actually....maybe just do the I/E. It might be a waste to have a header on there when the Turbo kits come out for this car.

True. But I wouldn't count on seeing a turbo kit for while.
Old 03-14-2002, 04:31 PM   #15
JaY D. Em

Yo, just cause the only options for you to get in the 14's is f/i don't count Hondas out. I'm doin' 13's all motor with simple bolt-ons...

Back to the topic... You're gonna have to wait for a while for people to come with something that's make the new single cams move. That's the problem with buying new cars. Plus they have more sensors... If i were you, i'd just go the i/h/e route for now, like you said, and mess with the outside till some cams come along.
Old 03-14-2002, 08:26 PM   #16
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by JaY D. Em
Yo, just cause the only options for you to get in the 14's is f/i don't count Hondas out. I'm doin' 13's all motor with simple bolt-ons...

Yeah you're also running an H22 in a HB. Little different situation....
Old 03-15-2002, 08:10 AM   #17
JaY D. Em

You don't say... But some people act like all single cams can't hit a good time. We put together my friends little brother's Si Hatch with the Gude package rechipped ecu and the kid hits 15.0's all day on street tires. 14.70's on slicks. That's not bad for couple grand on a hatchback! There's gonna be the same options for the 2001 civics in a matter of time.
Old 03-18-2002, 10:20 PM   #18
VDubRacer757

Don't go with the DC header. It sucks for the 01-02 civics. Go with the HP racing Header. Much bigger in diameter. AEM and Injen are both good intakes. Don't use the AEM bipass valve. The get stuck closed. And NOS is the easiest way to go. It is still naturally aspirated. You can run a 65 shot safely. You also have to use a wet kit, cause you car has no distributor. Also use the MSD DIS ignition for safety issues, will stop your motor from blowing if you miss a gear. Compucar make a wet nos kit you can use. We priced one for an 02 civic and it was $575 installed with lifetime warrenty on everything but the bottle. And the MSD ingniton was around $260...
Old 03-19-2002, 07:35 AM   #19
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by VDubRacer757
...And NOS is the easiest way to go. It is still naturally aspirated. You can run a 65 shot safely. You also have to use a wet kit, cause you car has no distributor.

Nitrous is not naturally aspirated. Naturally aspirated means that you are taking in air naturally rather than forced or by other means. Nitrous adds additional oxygen.

And what does not having a distributor have to do with kit type? Neither wet or dry (or even direct port) rely on the distributor.