::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2002, 08:52 PM   #1
smokeblunts

93 Honda Civic DX

Ok I might be getting a 93 honda dx for around 4k, everything is in perfect condition. My only question is, can this cars engine be beefed up? I've talked to a few people and they all say that DX's aren't to kind to MODS. Any input would be appreciated.
Old 03-20-2002, 01:27 AM   #2
slowEJ6

of course it can be modded....nothing wrong with the SOHC nonVTEC engine, except it will take a bit more money to make it as fast as a DOHC motor. just depends how much you want to spend. what do you want out of the car in the long run? performance wise....
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2002, 07:08 AM   #3
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Ive seen people make those little 1.5Ls hit 13's all motor.. It took a lot of work but it can be done.
Old 03-20-2002, 07:29 PM   #4
smokeblunts

well im planning on doing a little bit at a time, whats the first thing i should do?
Old 03-21-2002, 06:38 PM   #5
lx4life

i would buy a new engine j/k i would buy a cold air intake,headers,high flow cat,cat back exhaust you should get 10-15 maybe more, if all fails get nos.
Old 03-21-2002, 08:36 PM   #6
VDubRacer757

I would swap the motor. You can get motors for pretty cheap for that car and almost any motor will bolt in. Me personally, would go with a b18b1. You can pick up a motor, trans, and ECU for around $900 at the most. If you know someone at a junkyard, you can probably get it for under $500. They are the best motors to turbo and or NOS...
Old 03-22-2002, 09:07 AM   #7
JaY D. Em

Hmmm... This guy down here has one with the motor still in it and brags all the time about hanging with Civic Si's till 4th gear. I don't know what the truth to it is but i saw him racing a civic EX and beat him... He has i/h/e and ignition. I'd say that it's not a fast car but could be fun in something like autocross if you beef up the suspension. Definitely not a 1/4 mile car unless you want to spend bags and bags of loot. But just remember, for the amount of money you spend on that motor, just think how fast you could go with the same amount of money on a bigger and faster DOHC VTEC motor. Not saying that it can't be done, just better results with less mods with a bigger motor. The best advice i can give you is go with the motor you know most about.

And quit calling nitrous Nos!!! It's like The Fast and Furious, but in real life!!!!!!!!!