Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Body Modifications
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2004, 10:16 AM   #1
4drmadness

Shaving Side molding 93 Sedan

Hi all,

Well I got bored towards the end of this summer and started shaving my side molding on my Sedan. I have all but a last layer of bondo to go over it and the passenger side will be done. th off to the drivers side. I should have some pic to show of it here soon. If I can get this small cheesy pic to work I migth have a halfass shot of the side... but see what I can do...

Just thought I would share.. for those that mgith ask I used a base of fiberglass hair and then once that was built up I used bondo to finish it off...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pssgrndshvdsml.jpg (4.8 KB, 53 views)
Old 01-15-2004, 10:18 AM   #2
4drmadness

here is a shot of the drivers side w/ the moldings to get a basic idea.... once again sorry for the bad webcam pic I had to take but no digi available...lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg drvgrndshtsml.jpg (4.6 KB, 46 views)
Old 01-15-2004, 12:55 PM   #3
RU_Teg

I think it looks a whole lot better without the side moldings...looks cleaner...
Old 01-15-2004, 01:18 PM   #4
blind34_1

cheatin with da bondo....

j/k we can't all have access to welding equipment...oh well
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 06:30 PM   #5
4drmadness

yeah I wish I had a welder or I would have....that;s alot easier IMO that's for sure...Will be using a welder to shave the rear door handles and put in the skins to fill them in. thanks for the comments so far though....
Old 02-03-2004, 02:56 PM   #6
ArtKid

...looks nice, how much did the whole job cost ya...and how much time did it take you?
" Will be using a welder to shave the rear door handles and put in the skins to fill them in. thanks for the comments so far though...." So what are you going to use to open the back doors?>
Old 02-15-2004, 01:26 PM   #7
4drmadness

well I mean I have spent like 30-40 bucks in the bondo and fiberglass haired bondo I have used. I would say I have like about 2 .5-3 hrs invested in what I have don so far give or take..Once again this is my first attempt so if someone knows what they are doing it could be much less time or just weld the gap up...
Well from www.autoloc.com you can get door pops so the rear door will pop and there is other options on the market to do that as well...