::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Integra
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2002, 10:21 AM   #1
95IntegraGirl

Car doesnt start

Okay.. I don't know if this belongs here but.. Sometimes I will put the key in the ignition turn it over and NOTHING it doesnt click make a noise nothing the only thing that happens is the lights in the gauge will come on ( brake,abs,engine check) this has been happening for like 2weeks now when it first started I would only have to try one more time to turn the key over and it would start now yesterday I had to try like 4times to start the damn car, I have the damn clutch all the way down everything. then yesterday I was like hmm maybe I will re-turn my alarm off maybe thats what did it. And then my car started. Then again today it happened I tried the alarm and it did not work. This is soooo embaressing !!! the only things I could think of is . maybe the starter is going, battery in alarm is going or maybe the cylinpid ( hpowever you spell it ). but i need help someone help me please.
Old 10-06-2002, 10:31 AM   #2
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

how about the car battery itself? Try turning on your lights and see if they're dim or not....from what you said "it doesn't click make a noise nothing" sounds like your not getting power. Or your starter or selinoid (bad spelling) could be dead...

Quote:
Originally posted by IALuder
thats why i use a sock.

Quote:
Originally posted by MissJDM
Darin, please confirm that you don't like the cock!

HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #7
Anna Fan Club Member #1
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2002, 10:35 AM   #3
95IntegraGirl

Yea I always kinda thought something funky was up with the battery because when I would turn on my headlights.. My car clock and radio lights would dim. then i turn the headlights off and they dont dim . But I was thinking maybe its supposed to be like that...

Quote:
Originally posted by AccordinStyle
how about the car battery itself? Try turning on your lights and see if they're dim or not....from what you said "it doesn't click make a noise nothing" sounds like your not getting power. Or your starter or selinoid (bad spelling) could be dead...
Old 10-06-2002, 10:41 AM   #4
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

well..they are supposed to dim a little bit so the brightness isn't as bright at night but if they're dimming alot, then that's a problem....easiest way to check is turn on your lights and have someone watch them while you try to start the car...one thing that just came to mind too is you mentioned your alarm...when you turn it off are you sure it's disarming because your ignition kill could be keeping you from starting the car too...just a thought...

Quote:
thats why i use a sock.

Quote:

Anna Fan Club Member #1
Old 10-06-2002, 10:45 AM   #5
95IntegraGirl

Yea I am gonna do that check all that shit out. Im porlby just gonna take it up to my friends shop and have them help me look at it too. But sometimes .. I dont trust there ideas or options haha

Quote:
Originally posted by AccordinStyle
well..they are supposed to dim a little bit so the brightness isn't as bright at night but if they're dimming alot, then that's a problem....easiest way to check is turn on your lights and have someone watch them while you try to start the car...one thing that just came to mind too is you mentioned your alarm...when you turn it off are you sure it's disarming because your ignition kill could be keeping you from starting the car too...just a thought...
Old 10-06-2002, 10:46 AM   #6
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

lol...o.k., well good luck.......

Quote:
thats why i use a sock.

Quote:

Anna Fan Club Member #1
Old 10-06-2002, 05:46 PM   #7
2ndGenTeg
4th Gear

Actually, it does sound like your starter kill was activated on your alarm. When your battery is toast, you won't get headlights at all, and it sometimes make a half-assed attempt to turn over.

Have your alarm install checked out.
2ndGenTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2002, 11:32 PM   #8
95IntegraGirl

Yea .. Im starting to think it is the alarm. because i left my friends house and when i got to my car i turned the alarm off..got in tried to start it and NOTHING .... before trying to restart i turned the alarm off again and then it started just fine.. so yea its the alarm.. but i dont know jack shit about alarms so I dont know how to fix this error or see what exactly it is with the alarm

Quote:
Originally posted by 2ndGenTeg
Actually, it does sound like your starter kill was activated on your alarm. When your battery is toast, you won't get headlights at all, and it sometimes make a half-assed attempt to turn over.

Have your alarm install checked out.
Old 05-12-2003, 08:50 AM   #9
JudoAnt
1st Gear

I have a 94 accord and I just started having the exact same problem, but I have no alarm. Have you solved the problem yet?
JudoAnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 01:59 PM   #10
blind34_1

I could also be a crappy connection on one or both of your posts. My neighbors buick wouldn't start, only click. the accessories were powered though, so that threw me off. The positive terminal was loose. It was conducting enough to power little accessories, but it couldnt draw enough current from the tiny connection it had. you might check that.
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2003, 07:24 AM   #11
Mirkwo0dForest

ahh 4 cylinders...
one time i had to put gas in mine....
*sigh*
Old 05-19-2003, 09:33 PM   #12
MAXed Out
6th Gear

yeah it happened to my teg in the summer. the ground battery wire was not connected all the time and i had power for my system and every thing but the car wouldn't start only after like 2 or 3 tries so u might wanna have that checked out
1997 Maxima SE 5spd, Stillen Body Kit, Warpspeed Y & B pipes, Magnaflow Muffler, Koni Yellows & Tein S-tech springs, JVC Headunit, Directed 7" in dash screen,Stillen Intake, red/clear tail lights, AE mod, Paceseter STS, EL-Glow Gauges, Clutchmasters FX300 Clutch, rebuilt tranny, 19" Mille Miglia Evo 5's with Pirelli Pzero's(summer), 18" Hp D-10 hyper silver wrapped in Goodyear ultra HPR, SPW front strut bar, Helios 7000k HID, Motostorm UDP, Viper 5000Vx alarm, 2 12" PowerClass 124 subs, Kenwood 1200 Watt amp, DVD Changer
MAXed Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2003, 09:37 PM   #13
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

didn't i reply to this thread

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2003, 11:28 AM   #14
Shot 2 Hel

^^^ it was a different one

you battery connections could have corrosion all over them, when my starter went out thats one of the things we checked, then we cleaned it off and it didnt do anything. But to the second problem, its either you have a shitty battery connection or your starter is out
Old 05-21-2003, 01:34 AM   #15
HndaTch627

make sure the batteyr connections are good and tight, chances are it's your alarm acting up.

Judo ant- you need a starter or an ignition switch.
Old 01-05-2004, 02:56 PM   #16
VRGNCD5

Quote:
Originally posted by JudoAnt
I have a 94 accord and I just started having the exact same problem, but I have no alarm. Have you solved the problem yet?
I have a 94 Accord too and im having this problem too. But it only happens when it's cold as hell outside. First time it happened was about 2 years ago. After push starting it I was good to go until about a month or so ago when it did it again. Turned the key, won't crank. I checked the battery connections, wiggled the wires to the starter, tried again, nothing. Came back inside the house, calmed down, went back outside 10 minutes later and it fired right up like nothing was wrong

Today, it won't budge
Old 01-10-2004, 07:52 AM   #17
AkimboStylee

i dont know if im right, but here goes nothing> your battery has amperes that are designated to "COLD CRANKING" amperes. when those get low, the car has to be warm -> hot for it to start.

also for the original post fuel pump maybe? just a thought
Old 01-10-2004, 07:02 PM   #18
VRGNCD5

Quote:
Originally posted by krwheeler85
i dont know if im right, but here goes nothing> your battery has amperes that are designated to "COLD CRANKING" amperes. when those get low, the car has to be warm -> hot for it to start.

also for the original post fuel pump maybe? just a thought
no, that's not it either. If that were the case, you'd be able to jump it when this happens. But the only way to start it once this happens is to push start it, then it's fine, until it feels like acting up again.
Old 01-10-2004, 08:14 PM   #19
AkimboStylee

Quote:

believe me on this one. i couldn't get my civic started, checked starter was fine, fuel pump was just replaced, checked battery and cold cranking amps were running low. goto autozone and have a diagnostic check done on your battery for free.
Old 01-10-2004, 11:34 PM   #20
VRGNCD5

Quote:
believe me on this one. i couldn't get my civic started, checked starter was fine, fuel pump was just replaced, checked battery and cold cranking amps were running low. goto autozone and have a diagnostic check done on your battery for free.
if it was a cca problem, it wouldn't act up once, then be fine for 2 years. But just to air on the side of caution, im gonna take your advice and have the test done.