::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Integra
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2003, 04:29 AM   #1
92 civic b18c1

HorsePower per upgrade

[size=3][color=blue]How much horse poer does this give me?

Lets say you have a bone stock GSR, 180hp base line.
You add a Cold Air Intake, a 4-1 DC sports header, high flow cat, and an Apex-i N1 exhaust, maybe 195hp now?[i][b]
Old 05-28-2003, 06:54 PM   #2
94 civic jdmD15b

Re: HorsePower per upgrade

Quote:
Originally posted by 92 civic b18c1
[b][size=3][color=blue]How much horse poer does this give me?

You add a Cold Air Intake, a 4-1 DC sports header, high flow cat, and an Apex-i N1 exhaust, maybe 195hp now?[i]

Sounds about right. Just remember each mod adds HP in different parts of the power band.It doesnt add up lineraly(SP?)
Old 05-28-2003, 07:02 PM   #3
92 civic b18c1

Would I gain horse power, with an enlagerd throttle body on a stock intake manifold?

Would I gain hp with a stock throttle body on a perfromance manifld?
Old 05-28-2003, 11:30 PM   #4
Shot 2 Hel

how bout you save up and get them both at the same time and not worry about it
Old 05-29-2003, 01:28 AM   #5
92 civic b18c1

Quote:
Originally posted by Shot 2 Hel
how bout you save up and get them both at the same time and not worry about it

For one it was just an honest question. Two I was trying to figure out whatfuel injectors I would need. Honda Engines run lean as it ifno need to make it leaner without the correct fuel injectors. Lean engines run hot, I live in AZ where it was 109 today outside in the shade.
Old 05-29-2003, 09:09 PM   #6
94 civic jdmD15b

Quote:
For one it was just an honest question. Two I was trying to figure out whatfuel injectors I would need. Honda Engines run lean as it ifno need to make it leaner without the correct fuel injectors. Lean engines run hot, I live in AZ where it was 109 today outside in the shade.

I would get a fuel pressure regulater (FPR). that maybe all you need.
Old 05-29-2003, 11:17 PM   #7
silver

Re: HorsePower per upgrade

Quote:
[b][size=3][color=blue]How much horse poer does this give me?

You add a Cold Air Intake, a 4-1 DC sports header, high flow cat, and an Apex-i N1 exhaust, maybe 195hp now?[i]

don't go around flaunting that number though, it's what actually makes it to the wheels that count. and i believe the gsr bone stock is 170hp. so say that gives around 145 to the wheels, adding your parts would probably bring it up to 160 at the most on a very cool day with fresh oil and new plugs. and what size piping for the exhaust?
Top Secret, Ings+1, J's Racing, Varis, Amuse, ASM, GP Sports, Air Walker, Garage Defend, Kakimoto, BuddyClub, Feel's, Fujitsubo, Porterfield, KG/MM, ORC, Spoon, Mugen, and more than 200 others. If it's in a Hyper Rev, it's in our reach.

http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com
silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 12:19 AM   #8
92 civic b18c1

Well first off it's a JDM b18c1, making 180, as the USDM b18c1 makes 170hp.

The size of the exhaust is 2.5" and it is ceramic coated if that makes a differance.

As far as cold days go, there aren't many here in AZ.

What % of a horsepower increase should a person expect from an intake maninfold on a B series engine? Say a Skunk2 intake manifold.
Old 05-30-2003, 12:52 AM   #9
RavingCivic

Quote:
Well first off it's a JDM b18c1, making 180, as the USDM b18c1 makes 170hp.

The size of the exhaust is 2.5" and it is ceramic coated if that makes a differance.

As far as cold days go, there aren't many here in AZ.

What % of a horsepower increase should a person expect from an intake maninfold on a B series engine? Say a Skunk2 intake manifold.

UM first Off the CODE for the JDM GSR is NOT B18C1 it is B18C, if i am not mistaken, as i have read this 1000 times in this forum and on the different JDM engine sales websites
Old 05-30-2003, 05:07 AM   #10
92 civic b18c1

Quote:
Originally posted by RavingCivic
UM first Off the CODE for the JDM GSR is NOT B18C1 it is B18C, if i am not mistaken, as i have read this 1000 times in this forum and on the different JDM engine sales websites

You are correct, a minor slip of the fingers. I stand corrected.

Still is there any help to be had at this forum?
Old 05-30-2003, 11:11 AM   #11
Mirkwo0dForest

yea he's right, a bit of that 170 horsepower is not gonna make it to the wheels, no machine is perfect. plus your car has aged and what-not. i would estimate that your GS-R has 140-155 HP. Not trying to put u down or anything but i dont u to be dissapointed if u take her to get DYNOed. if u really want a power gain u R gonna want to Turbo or Supercharge it.
Old 05-30-2003, 03:50 PM   #12
92 civic b18c1

Quote:
Originally posted by Mirkwo0dForest
yea he's right, a bit of that 170 horsepower is not gonna make it to the wheels, no machine is perfect. plus your car has aged and what-not. i would estimate that your GS-R has 140-155 HP. Not trying to put u down or anything but i dont u to be dissapointed if u take her to get DYNOed. if u really want a power gain u R gonna want to Turbo or Supercharge it.

I understand the loss of power due to the drivetrain. Staying n/a is my goal. I would like to have a realiable powerfl engine capable of running @ 9000Rpms. I would like to have about 220hp @ the flywheel. (NOT at the wheels) I hear the skunk2 Stage2 cams are great. Has anyone have any personal reviews about them. I am looking at iether them or the Crower stage2 cams. Along with the correct valve springs and retainers. I am also thinking about an intake manifold and throttle body, Any suggestions?

After driving around in a 1992 92hp honda civic VX getting a b18c swap was fantasic, not only was it way faster, but my AC blows colder now that the new engine spins at a higher rpm while driving down the freeway @ the samespeed.

My list of mod goes as this

JDM b18c swap
Cold air intake
DC sports 4-1 header
high flow cat
Apex N1 exhaust
Fluidyne radiator

What should I look into next? Staying N/A
Old 06-06-2003, 03:06 PM   #13
Mirkwo0dForest

TURBO!
Old 06-06-2003, 03:18 PM   #14
a96710

You could do cams and adjustable cam gears, intake manifold, throttle body, head work
a96710 is offline   Reply With Quote