.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > For The Geek In You
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2006, 03:55 AM   #1
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

DVD burner WTF?

Ok...so I've got this Sony burner I've been pretty happy with since I've had it (around 4 months maybe). It's a DRX-800UL, USB 16X dual layer capable driver...although I haven't ever tried to burn a dual layer disc because they're so fucking expensive. Anyhow, the burner rocks along just fine for about the first 1/3 of the disc it's burning and right around 11X (and still climbing), it just seems to take a dump and automatically slides back to 6.1X and stays there. I've had the same result with both DVD Decrypter and Alcohol 120%. When using CopyToDVD for IFO files, it never even tries to go past 6.0X. Is this a problem with the computer or the drive? DVD Decrypter shows the usage of the software buffer and device buffer and about 30 seconds before speed drops the buffers start fluctating quite a bit. I have 16X capable discs, but kinda feel like I'm wasting money if 8X discs would work just as well (not that there's a huge price difference, but I buy them in bulk). Thoughts?
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 03:02 PM   #2
Robert
R-Tard

WHat are the specs of yruo computer.

I have found over USB I cannot burn at more then 8X with good results.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 04:47 PM   #3
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

It's a pretty basic setup. It's a 2.4GHz processor with 512MB of RAM. A couple years ago I installed a TDK 4X DVD burner into the tower which is why I didn't want to pull that one and pitch it since it still works just fine. I could've pulled my CD burner, but some things just come out better in that drive (like audio CDs). Maybe it's just got something to do with the USB interface.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 10:34 PM   #4
Robert
R-Tard

My guess is your USB is not able to sustain those high speeds for long. It run into the same problems.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote