::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2002, 10:19 PM   #1
Bk2oo4

exhaust

would it b ok to get a ractive pipe and some type of header and just keep like the stock middle pipe if i hollow out my Cat and take off my resonator ?
Old 02-14-2002, 10:38 PM   #2
Whtehnda93DXSdn
It has 4 Doors...

Well it would be ok, BUt you would be restricting he Airflow w/ the stock mid section. If you remove the resonator you will end up w/ a ricey buzz sound. Just get a cat back exhaust to go along w/ the header you are purchasing.

I hope this might help. Basically w/ the true cat back you will have the beter airflow thus more HP...
Old 02-15-2002, 07:45 AM   #3
Honda Type R

Yea, go with what Whtehnda93DXSdn said cuz i had that but a full cat and the took out my resonator and made it lil bit louder. So then i jus took it off cuz i didnt like it . Cuz i am now going for a GReddy EVolution Cat back and GReddy 2pc 4-2-1 headers. But also what type of exhaust note u looking for loud, deep, angry killer bee sound? All those jus depends on what type of sound ur looking for. For me i dont want something that is gonna be louder than my music u know? So i am going wid a GReddy Evo cuz it made for daily driving and its only loud when u step on the gas... peace there is my 2cents for u