--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2002, 01:19 AM   #3
slowEJ6

nitrous
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2002, 12:07 AM   #4
93st

Don't waste your times with those mods because they won't give you that much hp. Try modifies your suspension and then the engine internally. But if you bang for the bucks go with nos. I wouldn't recommend it though.
Old 10-16-2002, 02:10 AM   #5
TeriyakiBroccoli
5th Gear

just before anyone gives u shit about the "nos" thing...

give it a break.
TeriyakiBroccoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2002, 02:21 AM   #6
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

Quote:
Originally posted by 94_AcCoRd_EX
Intake and header.

ditto

Quote:
Originally posted by IALuder
thats why i use a sock.

Quote:
Originally posted by MissJDM
Darin, please confirm that you don't like the cock!

HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #7
Anna Fan Club Member #1
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2002, 11:55 AM   #7
4jacks

Hi Welcome to the boards !!!

I'll meet the ditto the header and intake and raise you a link

http://www.2k1civic.com/parts/index2.cfm

the forums on that site are full of flamers, but they have some great how to's and an awesome parts listing.

Happy Honda'ing

Happy Honda'ing
4jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2002, 07:29 PM   #8
Honda530

Yeah Id go with teh intake and header. They are great starting points for anyone just beginning moding cars. They clean up the engine bay a whole bunch too. After you get those do some suspension work springs shocks, struts. Thats usually a good stopping for some people. Lots of people are happy with just that so it will give you time to think. take it easy
Old 10-17-2002, 12:36 PM   #9
Promo2000

What cheap mods are there that I can do to improve it and give it some more horsepower

Cold Air intake <>$50.00 Or u can make a search on the internet and make your own.
Bypass Trick <>$2.00
Headers, are more expensive but look in ebay u can find there but BE CAREFULL buy from GOOD sellers!
Advance timing tell that to your mechanic <>$10
Pully's(sp?) not sure but not to expensive.
Hope it helps...
Old 10-17-2002, 02:25 PM   #10
Honda530

Yeah teh pullies are like 90 bucks and youll free up 3hp or so. Thats pretty cheap. With a intake or header you might get 3 hp as well.
Old 10-18-2002, 12:02 AM   #11
B16_civic_hatch

bang for the buck i would get N2O (NX kits seem to be the best out there right now). but, you may want to get an intake (cold air has the best HP increase EX. AEM's) and exhaust set up first so your car can breath easier. Do not go over 2 1/2 in piping, that will slow you down unless you plan on getting FI in the future. Bigger is not always better with an NA car.
Old 10-18-2002, 12:53 AM   #12
Redman

You guys ever hear of ZEX? Smart NOS, yes smart NOS won't kill your engine, and is good up to 100 hp gains.

www.zex.com
Old 10-18-2002, 12:56 AM   #13
slowEJ6

2.25" is big enough for a near stock honda.
Old 10-18-2002, 12:59 AM   #14
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

dont ever get n2o first. later on down the road if you choose to get forced induction (when that will happen with the 01+ civics i dont know...but thats beside the point) your n2o system wont work because you'll need a different kind of kit. At 2am my brain is a little fried so I dont remember if FI nitrous kits are dry or wet but either way the entire system wont work with the turbo/supercharger. At least thats what I have come up with. (watch, now slo will come in and tell me im wrong. You can all point and laugh then :o )
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 07:27 PM   #15
4jacks

Quote:
Originally posted by Promo2000
[b]Cold Air intake <>$50.00 Or u can make a search on the internet and make your own.

If you know we can buy a CAI for $50.00 PLEASE let me know.

And don't sell me no $50 panty hose

Happy Honda'ing
4jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2002, 03:17 PM   #16
Promo2000

Quote:
Originally posted by 4jacks
If you know we can buy a CAI for $50.00 PLEASE let me know.
And don't sell me no $50 panty hose

Q.) What cheap mods are there that I can do to improve it and give it.
A.) http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=1869582794
Not the BEST intake but it does it job 4 the price ...
Old 10-20-2002, 02:59 PM   #17
cashizslick

for cheap mods. Intake, Exhaust, Header, Cam gears, Pulleys, Nitrous 50 shot
Old 10-20-2002, 06:30 PM   #18
armyguy5
3rd Gear

i got an idea..you might wanna wait and do little modifacations...cuz your car is brand new. dont **** up the warranty. Plus in the next 2 years theres a good chance of it being recalled.. my brother is a tech at a Honda Dealer in chicago and they will not touch your car if it's been modified. easiest thign to do for mods are stuff like cold air intake and shit like that cuz you can switch back to the factory stuff if you need to take it cuz your car is broken you'll be good..
  • Cold Air Intake, Front Strut Bar, MTX Thunder 6000 10", Gunmetal Altezza Tail Lights, Short Throw Shifter, Factory Side Skirts and Rear lip, JDM front Lip, Thermal R&D stealth exhaust, 16" Rota Slipstreams in Bronze, Alpine CD/MP3/WMA/XM RADIO, Legacy L7M in car video
armyguy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 10:55 PM   #19
Shaun

I agree with the last post, I too own a 2002 civic but i went with the DX, (saw a body kit for the DX i just had to have) and I know that messing with the car is dangerous before the 16 month mark. I owned a 98 mistu eclipse and went to town on it then the timing belt slipped and fried my engine, there was a recall issued for the timing belt tensioner but i couldnt claim because of the modifications, hense if I wouldnt have mnessed with the car I would have gotten a brand new engine instead of shelling out 2 grand to get it fixed.
BTW if you do want some easy horsepower that wont mess with your warrenty I suggest buying a free flowing cat and a cold air intake. both can be removed very easily and will be good for about 10-15 HP (together not each). When I removed my cat I couldnt believe how restricting the dam thing was.
DONT GET PULLEYS - Anything goes wrong and they will laugh you out of the dealership. Also advancing your timing will be good for about 2-4 HP and there is nothing they can say about that because the civics variable timing.
Old 10-21-2002, 05:47 PM   #20
Alldone

If your looking for true performance, in an intake system, then try the "Dominator" by Iceman, they have a picture on there web site; ice-man.com. They are getting rav reviews, saying its crazy HP and torque, and its a short stack....its kinda ugly and is completely different than anything else, i think. but, i heard its the best engineered system out there for the 2002 EX. If you go to ericksracing.com they talk about performance and those guys know what there talking about....heck they have one of the fastest Civic's out 10.59. Idont have an 2002 EX, so please check around, this is only my 2 cents
Old 10-21-2002, 09:15 PM   #21
Erica_02civicCPE

Quote:
Originally posted by Shaun
I owned a 98 mistu eclipse and went to town on it then the timing belt slipped and fried my engine, there was a recall issued for the timing belt tensioner but i couldnt claim because of the modifications, hense if I wouldnt have mnessed with the car I would have gotten a brand new engine instead of shelling out 2 grand to get it fixed.

:( dern I'm sorry about your car. id have a cowww
Old 10-21-2002, 09:18 PM   #22
Erica_02civicCPE

Quote:
Originally posted by armyguy5
Plus in the next 2 years theres a good chance of it being recalled.. my brother is a tech at a Honda Dealer in chicago and they will not touch your car if it's been modified.

are you saying in general...theres a chance...or do they know they might have problems with the 2002 civic? ahh >.< i just got a new one and i was planning on modifying it but now im thinking about waiting defintely.
Old 10-21-2002, 09:26 PM   #23
slowEJ6

the only way they CANT do the work is if your modified part is proven to have caused the problem.
but i mean, if you add an intake - they wont do anything having to do with the intake.
you add exhaust, they wont work on the exhaust.
but a timing belt?
www.sema.org
Old 10-21-2002, 11:52 PM   #24
armyguy5
3rd Gear

slow ej6. I have to completely disagree. The dealer has the right to void any warranty because of modifactaion. Yea it sucks but they can do it...and have done it. No i'm not saying the 2002 EX will get recalled...but hey u never know right?

chris
2002 Silver Honda Civic EX Coupe
  • Cold Air Intake, Front Strut Bar, MTX Thunder 6000 10", Gunmetal Altezza Tail Lights, Short Throw Shifter, Factory Side Skirts and Rear lip, JDM front Lip, Thermal R&D stealth exhaust, 16" Rota Slipstreams in Bronze, Alpine CD/MP3/WMA/XM RADIO, Legacy L7M in car video
Old 10-22-2002, 03:05 PM   #25
Alldone

Armyguy5. Sorry i have only partually agree with you, The aftermarket ad-on has to be the cause of the problem with the vehicle, go to the Sema website, i think its www.sema.org, they tell you that the only way any bolt-on aftermarket product can void your warranty is if that product screws up your car and causes the problem....in other words, let say the mass air sensor is burnt out, in most cases if you have an aftermarket filter (oiled), they can refuse to repair it under the warranty...but it doesnt void the entire cars warranty. my 2 cents
Old 10-22-2002, 05:04 PM   #26
slowEJ6

sorry armyguy....if a dealer turns you away because you have mods which didnt cause the problem - you can take legal action and you will win.
just visit SEMA's site and they'll give you any info you need to explain.
Old 10-22-2002, 06:30 PM   #27
Erica_02civicCPE

well since none of the past models of the civic have been recalled, i highly doubt they would recall the civic this year or any other year for the civic model. heck...these arent ford explorers or pt cruisers we're talking bout that get recalled every so often.
Old 10-30-2002, 11:21 PM   #28
deege918

Promo2000 said something about a Bypass trick, I was wondering what that would be exactly?
Old 11-02-2002, 02:48 PM   #29
armyguy5
3rd Gear

oh hey if you want to thorugh a system in it.....read my post on how to do it in a 2002 honda civ ex. If you change your head unit on a 2002 ex you will loose your dome lights and your remote entry (sucks i know).. if you want me to post it again just email me

chris