::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2003, 05:09 PM   #1
Civicfrenzy

headlight problems

Im not sure what else with my car can go wrong. But anyway.

I bought some black housing headlights. I didnt put them in the auto place did and i took the car home and noticed that one light is much brighter than the other. I took it back to the auto place. They said they would try and fix it. So they call me back and say they cant fix it the lights are replicas (i knew they werent the best lights im not made of money but now im paying for not spending the extra cash.) I pick the car up. They said the worked on them and fixed them although they were replicas. So im thinking ok this is good those lights wil suffice for 6 months or so then after i have completed other parts of the car i can replace them.
So today i drive the car and the lights are worse than ever.
First question is : Is there anyway to fix this problem at least temporarily?

Second question : If not, i am going to have to buy new headlights right away. So i guess OEM black housing. But where can i get them for a 96 civic coupe. Anyone selling some? lol. Thanks alot for the help.
Old 01-21-2003, 05:24 PM   #2
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

the housings should be the culrit...it should have something to do with the bulbs or the wiring...maybe i just dont understand the housings
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2003, 09:21 AM   #3
shadowracer
1st Gear

Do you have a pic it would help. It could be a coupe of things very simple but maybe two different types of headlights, corroded connectors, or misaligned headlights. I really don't take my car to any shops I don't trust them. I figure you want something done right do it yourself. First pick up some research material. I suggest a Haynes manual or a Honda service manual specifically for your car. ( haynes $14.00, Honda $100.00)
Old 01-22-2003, 10:36 AM   #4
pdiggitydogg

HAYNES BLAH...I hate my hanes...its all over the place...if you wanna do something they send you all over the book to get info for it...on top of that they dont even tell you where exactly...it just says "see chapter #" they could at least put in pg #s get a helms manual and you'll avoid much less headaches..
Old 01-22-2003, 05:22 PM   #5
Civicfrenzy

yea i have a manual already. the reason the shop put the in was b/c i was in an accident and they had to replace the headlights anyway.
Old 01-22-2003, 05:29 PM   #6
oc civic

aftermarket headlights suck.. there is no such thing as "oem black housing" the look they are TRYING to reproduce is oem jdm ctr lights wich are NOT black but are actualy smoked with gun metal, they cost around $400 and are PERFECT im getting some soon (im getting them for $325) i THINK options auto salon sels them...
Old 01-22-2003, 06:22 PM   #7
Civicfrenzy

hm. thanks oc thats good to know.
Old 01-22-2003, 06:38 PM   #8
oc civic

Quote:
Originally posted by Civicfrenzy
hm. thanks oc thats good to know.

i ACTUALY am guilty of the same mistake..i will post pics of real ctr headlights soon in my car, to replace these LAME ones i bought.. the "replica ones" i purchased have also recently begone to leak.. they are complete CRAP! adn id rather spend the 3 or even 4 hundred to do it right the first time...
Old 01-22-2003, 07:15 PM   #9
pdiggitydogg

did you try and seal the aftermarket ones?