::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2002, 09:33 PM   #1
mt.biker

i hit someone today

well i was running late for work today, so i took the car. Well it had just rained a litte bit and i was doing 40km/h (the speed limit) and following about 7feet back from a truck, in the right lane. the truck moved over to avoid a parked car so i followed him into the left lane (there was no one there) he then proceded to move back into the right lane (swerving around the park car) so i was thinking about passing him. Well i moved over (left) just a bit more to see that there was a 95 accord green ex sitting there trying to make a left. I pulled the wheel over to get back in my lane but it was to late, i slid right into her. I had so much understeer it wasn't funny. My wheel was cranked right and i was on the brakes (abs kicked in) i hit her about @30km/h and sort of just bumped off her.

Well it wasn't much of an impact and there was no damage done to her car but the paint on her rear passeniger side bumper was gone. On my acura though i dented the bumper, driver side fender, and took out my left light

She seemed alright about it all and didnt even get mad with me. To top it off she lives a block away from me. I've never been in an accident before and this was one that was so avoidable. Its because i have so much shit on my mind lately i think im in another world.

well the officer named me driver at fault (ofcourse i did it) but then i'm slapped with a $325 ticket for reckless driving, and get this its 6 points. Well i called my insurance company to find out whats up, my rates wont change but i'll have to pay the $1000 deductable when my car is fixed. So i decided to talk to my friend John who has connections and i might be able to get out of this $1000 because his brother owns a car shop...and he even cleaned up the car a bit (bending metal) so when my parents see the car they wont flip out on me.
Old 08-22-2002, 09:48 PM   #2
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Damn biker... glad everyone was ok. The 6 pts on your license really sucks. Good luck getting it fixed and breaking the new to your parents.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2002, 09:48 PM   #3
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Geesh dude that sucks!
Old 08-22-2002, 09:51 PM   #4
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by 94_AcCoRd_EX
Damn biker... glad everyone was ok. The 6 pts on your license really sucks. Good luck getting it fixed and breaking the new to your parents.

i can deal with the points, the money and the stress of hurting my baby. the parents are another story, were you speeding rob? no mom i was driving the limit. etc etc

my parents are the biggest problem right now
Old 08-22-2002, 11:37 PM   #5
bootstrap

Never call your insurance company unless you plan on submitting it...
Old 08-23-2002, 07:11 AM   #6
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

At least no one was hurt. Well not til your parents find out anyhow.
$1000 deductible?!? Holy crap.
Quote:
Originally posted by bootstrap
Never call your insurance company unless you plan on submitting it...
Old 08-23-2002, 04:18 PM   #7
Kyle
elyK

man, that really sucks...atleast both of you were alright though

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2002, 07:29 PM   #8
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

dude don't worry. accidents happen all the time even to the best of the drivers. i hope you will solve it with your parents

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote