::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2002, 01:15 PM   #1
mwmorley

Post Just starting the modification process

I am new to this web site and to this message board and wanted to get your opinion on the modification of my 1997 Honda Accord Special Edition.

I plan on putting on a AEM Cold Air Intake and DC Sport 4-2-1 2-piece Ceramic Header as the first steps in the modification process. What I wanted some input on was the next steps thereafter.

I want to put on a exhaust system and some engine dress ups (valve cover, new wires and wire cover, etc.) I am looking to spread this process over the next few months and wanted to get an idea of manufacturers and parts needed increase the low end HP and top end performance. I want my car to look stock until you open the hood and really see the meat of the car.

Any suggestions on modification parts and accessories would be greatly appreciated as well as next steps. I look forward to doing the modifications and posting the car up onto the site when they are done. Thanks again for your expertise and opinions.
Old 01-31-2002, 01:29 PM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

it looks like you got it figured out for the inake and headers. as far as the exhaust goes go for a custom one whic will run you about 300 at the local meineke store with 2.25" piping. For the next steps i would go with a new suspension setup and some energy motormount inserts.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2002, 02:22 PM   #3
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Welcome to HS

Sounds like you're on the right track so far. You could either go custom or buy a full cat-back system. Don't forget to get a high-flowing cat too.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote